“Fantastic food! Great local Irish pub”
Review of BlackStone Pub

BlackStone Pub
Ranked #1 of 2 Nightlife in Southington
Reviewed 3 May 2017

I couldn't get over the portion size, yet more importantly the food. All I got was a burger, but what a burger it was! Absolutely delicious. They also make their own chips, these were just awesome. It is a bar, not for kids. Plenty of places to sit and eat. Looked like they would be having live music later on. My waitress was fantastic! In my travels I have found that waiters, waitresses don't spend too much time on a single person. Shame shame! Those that do that loose out on good tips! My waitress treated me like I was the only one in the room. She did her job and even though I was by myself, she acted as if she were caring for 20 people. I told her this as well as her boss! It was a very nice surprise and a nice feeling!

All reviews
"wings"
"lobster mac and cheese"
"irish nachos"
"job"
"bar"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 1 September 2016 via mobile

Average Irish pub with a good selection of beer and a good menu. We went late afternoon for the lobster special but we're informed that it didn't start until 6PM. I checked the website and the table card and the time wasn't mentioned, so be aware. However in their defense they said if we were willing to wait 30/45 minutes they would prepare it. Wife liked French onion soup and the Lobster/ Mac and cheese egg rolls. We both liked the Irish nachos. In my mind an "ok" place.

Reviewed 26 June 2016 via mobile

We stopped in a couple weeks ago. The bartender was very friendly and we received excellent customer service. The food and beer selection were average, nothing to write home about, but good for a quick bite to eat and drink.

Reviewed 12 March 2016

My friends promised me good food and a "good night out." The Yankee pot roast was OK, but the ear-splitting music and the "oh, did I get that wrong?" service won 't tempt me back.

See more reviews
Reviewed 20 October 2015

I have had the classic burger with American cheese 5 times over the last month, and it was great. The fries were also excellent as were the fried pickles. I am not a big fan of chicken wings but for 50 cents a piece (current price) they were meaty and cooked just right. The bar itself is huge with an upstairs were you could have some privacy, or a party for many friends. About a dozen TV's are there for sports viewing including a massive one about 100 inches. I am not a big drinker but noticed a lot of beer choices which looked interesting.