“Quiet, spacious, comfortable”

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Southington
Greer, SC
“Quiet, spacious, comfortable”
Reviewed 30 July 2012

This was a great Comfort Suites (and we've stayed at many). Even though this is an all-suite property, "suite" is a bit of a stretch since the rooms aren't super-spacious or fully divided, but there is a half-wall separating the bed from the sofa area, and we love having a place where both of us can sit. Very clean and located on a quiet side street (as close as it is to I-84, you'd never know it). The breakfast is generous and varied - scrambled eggs, breakfast potatoes (one morning), sausage, the usual waffles, etc. - more choices than many Comfort Inn and Suites. Large reception/breakfast area, and there are two computers available (with printer) for guest use. Even has a pool! Very friendly, professional staff. There are actually quite a few restaurants within easy distance if you get back on 84 and get off on Queen Street (downtown Southington has some really charming eateries). We will definitely stay here when we're in the area again.

Room Tip: You might want to ask for a room away from the pool - we were several rooms past it and could hear t...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Holly Springs, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 July 2012 via mobile

I wish tripadvisor had a good rating. This is a solid hotel that gives cookies upon check in. I grew up with Comfort Inn's so I always have a soft spot for them.
However, this is more of a family hotel than business hotel. My room was good but was nothing memorable. The bed was big but not overly comfy. Nice tv, but fridge was broken and made a loud dying noise. It took my hot water in shower three minutes to get warm.
Lastly, and this is one that got me good, there were multiple 12 inch hairs under my sheet (on top of mattress pad) and I could see them underneath. I took the sheet off and removed them but I was very grossed out. Long female hair in my bed upon check in is a deal breaker.

Lastly, staff should ask guests upon check out how their stay was. I did run in to a housekeeper who was very friendly. Maybe she should be at front desk! Kudos for keeping breakfast open until 1000 am.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Anthony G
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 23 April 2012

My toddler sons and I traveled here to visit some family. The hotel was nice-clean, efficient, quiet. My main gripe is it's not much of a family hotel (which is certainly not a downfall if you're traveling solo). Average breakfast selections. I did like how large the bathroom in our room was-made bathing two children much easier than in some hotels. I would stay here again if we needed to though.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Rockford, Illinois
Reviewed 30 March 2012

We stayed here in July of 2011 during our week long vacation to CT. The hotel staff were very welcoming, the rooms and lobby were clean and modern looking, and the breakfast was great. There were lots of foods to choose from......waffles, eggs, sausage, cereal, yogurt, fresh fruit, etc. Our son enjoyed the hotel pool.....the temperature was nice and warm.....perfect for relaxing after a day of sightseeing.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Anderson, South Carolina
Reviewed 30 March 2012 via mobile

This is a brand new property so the furnishings are in very good shape. My room was clean, quiet and comfortable. All the essentials, bed, shower, customer service, etc..., were fine. On the downside, there are nothing but fast food or greasy spoon type eateries nearby. The price is a bit higher than what I would expect for the location too. If you want a quiet, comfortable night's stay, aren't overly concerned about cost and have packed a lunch this is alright.

Stayed March 2012
Wayne, New Jersey
Reviewed 11 January 2012

Had an interview with a large company nearby (less than a mile and a half.) Right off the highway, I84E, the hotel was surprisingly clean and bright - perhaps it had been recently renovated, carpets at least, but it looked and smelled clean. Nice clean-smelling room with a desk, couch and bed, pretty standard. Coffee maker and fridge. Free WiFi. Low quality typical free breakfast, but its there.

The cons - no food for purchase. The only eateries close by are a Burger King and a Subway. There is a truck stop and a Dunkin' Donuts across the main road. Nothing around for miles except liquor stores and one-table pizza joints that I came across. Could be a problem in the snow or bad weather or if you arrive late.

Note: They call it Southington but the GPS puts it in Cheshire. Semantics, but that's what you need to enter it in for a search.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the interstate.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 November 2011

We stay at this hotel a couple times a year when we visit family nearby. We stayed for 3 days over the Thanksgiving Holiday and had a fantastic stay. The first morning (Thanksgiving Day), my wife said that the shower drain was running slowly (she was up to her ankles in water). We reported it at the desk and they said they might not be able to get the maintenance crew to come in on the holiday but if they weren't able to, they'd switch our room. We came back at 9PM after a LONG day and they told us that the maintenance crew came in to fix the drain. We couldn't ask for better service. The lobby, the elevators, halls, and our bedroom/bathroom were immaculate. Keep up the good work!!!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Southington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Southington
Comfort Inn & Suites Conference Center
Econo Lodge Plantsville
Econo Lodge Plantsville
#1 of 1 in Plantsville

Been to Comfort Suites Southington - Cheshire? Share your experiences!