Comfort Suites Southington - Cheshire
US$176
Doubletree.com
US$75
US$137
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewslake compouncetruck stopwould stay againfront deskhome depothot breakfastwasher and dryerthird floornice breakfasteasy accessclean hotelbusiness hotelwedding partya great stayinterstatectfridge
Reviewed 4 August 2012

Comfort Suites in Southington was a perfect choice. We were minutes from the major cities, just off the highway but a small section of woods made the hotel seem remote. We had a quiet stay and the staff was very friendly. There was a nice indoor pool. The rooms were also nice, updated and clean. Our nine yr old pointed out the security cameras everywhere. The security made us feel we made the right choice staying here. On future New England trips we will use this as a stopover hotel!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2012

This was a great Comfort Suites (and we've stayed at many). Even though this is an all-suite property, "suite" is a bit of a stretch since the rooms aren't super-spacious or fully divided, but there is a half-wall separating the bed from the sofa area, and we love having a place where both of us can sit. Very clean and located on a quiet side street (as close as it is to I-84, you'd never know it). The breakfast is generous and varied - scrambled eggs, breakfast potatoes (one morning), sausage, the usual waffles, etc. - more choices than many Comfort Inn and Suites. Large reception/breakfast area, and there are two computers available (with printer) for guest use. Even has a pool! Very friendly, professional staff. There are actually quite a few restaurants within easy distance if you get back on 84 and get off on Queen Street (downtown Southington has some really charming eateries). We will definitely stay here when we're in the area again.

Room Tip: You might want to ask for a room away from the pool - we were several rooms past it and could hear the kids enjoying themselves pretty clearly.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2012 via mobile

I wish tripadvisor had a good rating. This is a solid hotel that gives cookies upon check in. I grew up with Comfort Inn's so I always have a soft spot for them.
However, this is more of a family hotel than business hotel. My room was good but was nothing memorable. The bed was big but not overly comfy. Nice tv, but fridge was broken and made a loud dying noise. It took my hot water in shower three minutes to get warm.
Lastly, and this is one that got me good, there were multiple 12 inch hairs under my sheet (on top of mattress pad) and I could see them underneath. I took the sheet off and removed them but I was very grossed out. Long female hair in my bed upon check in is a deal breaker.

Lastly, staff should ask guests upon check out how their stay was. I did run in to a housekeeper who was very friendly. Maybe she should be at front desk! Kudos for keeping breakfast open until 1000 am.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Anthony G
Reviewed 23 April 2012

My toddler sons and I traveled here to visit some family. The hotel was nice-clean, efficient, quiet. My main gripe is it's not much of a family hotel (which is certainly not a downfall if you're traveling solo). Average breakfast selections. I did like how large the bathroom in our room was-made bathing two children much easier than in some hotels. I would stay here again if we needed to though.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 March 2012

We stayed here in July of 2011 during our week long vacation to CT. The hotel staff were very welcoming, the rooms and lobby were clean and modern looking, and the breakfast was great. There were lots of foods to choose from......waffles, eggs, sausage, cereal, yogurt, fresh fruit, etc. Our son enjoyed the hotel pool.....the temperature was nice and warm.....perfect for relaxing after a day of sightseeing.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family