“Great, low-priced pizza.”

Cuisines: American, Greek
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed 14 June 2011

This place is a local favorite and it pretends to be nothing more than it is. A low-key, local spot for good pizza. The deeper-dish pizza may not fit the style of everyone, but they offer a decent and consistent menu which I would suggest if you are looking for simple take out or eat in fare. It is the type of place that you might miss as you drive by, but give it a chance and the down to earth and friendly wait staff will serve you.

Reviewed 8 May 2011

Food:

What can I say about this pizza at this joint? Well the pizza is AMAZING, I can guarantee anyone that goes to Sergio's for Pizza well not be dissapointed. The salads are great even though they load up the salads with vinegar, the garlic bread with cheese is great, their pasta though is rather lacking. The other little appetizers they have: the fries, chicken wings, mozzerella sticks, etc. Come straight from the box and put into the microwave, which I would say is rather a big dissapointment.

Atomsphere:

Well the restaurant is rather small and in need of a major update. The tables, chairs, table cover all need to be replaced. THE MENU AS WELL NEEDS TO BE REPLACED as it is a little piece of paper in a cheap plastic container that you can tell hasn't been replaced in years. As for the people that come in, well its all of mix of locals, a lot of whom are the local cops that come in for lunch or for a quick pizza and salad, and a lot of folks coming from NY.

Service:

This is without a doubt going to be my favorite subject to talk about. THE WAITRESSES ARE HORRIBLE, AND THEY PROVIDE HORRIBLE SERVICE. I am by far an unbiased person when it comes to talking about restaurants, since I have always though it is unfair to go off of one experience, and I have kept the same train of thought for Sergios. I really love the pizza here and I held off writing a review on Sergios because when I first went I just thought I had a waitress that was having an off day, unfortunately I was wrong, dead wrong. I can say I've been to Sergios probably near 15 times and every single time I go the waitresses rather socialize then do their job. They do not introduce themselves, they don't even SEAT YOU, they just say sit anywhere and someone will be with you, but they don't tell you how someone will be with you after they're finished talking about their personal lifes with the other waitresses. When the service does come around though, they're rather laggish meaning they'll take your order for a drink and even though the restaurant has 2 fridges one on each side it'll take the waitress 10 mins+ to get the drinks. Getting the appetizers is another thing, when you get there your suppose to get your little basket of bread but I have only gotten this basket of bread ONCE, the bread itself isn't that important but its the concept of my waitress paying enough attention to me to get the bread that every table should get just not the local friends they have and the cops. And another thing is the appetizer won't get to you until your entree, which to me ultimately kills the meal because I have seen my own appetizer sit on the counter until my entree is ready and the waitress has to come over with the food.

Additionally the service has no uniform code and the waitresses could use lessons on personal hygiene.

Overall Summary:

I would say Sergio has some of the best pizza I have ever had, and the rest of the food is ok. The service is utterly disgusting, and kills the dining experience of eating at Sergios establishment. The reason I gave Sergios three stars is because they have great pizza and decent food at a very reasonable price. My last words for a person that's considering Sergios is to order out, and save yourself the mediocre dining experience.

Reviewed 21 September 2010

Great spot for a quick salad or pizza. VERY casual, but good service and good food. I don't think the prices have changed in over 10 years!

2  Thank vvwalk
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed 8 February 2010

I've only been once, but the food was very reasonably priced and was pretty yummy for the price point.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 24 May 2009

Food is great. The pizza is tasty, salads are generous, the grinders are awsome and the service is top notch. Big cop hang out guaranteed to see cops all over the place. It's like a pizza restaurant in your own living room very welcoming. Bathrooms coud do with some work for sure.