“A regular stop for Italian dinner”

Sergio's Pizza Restaurant
Ranked #78 of 481 Restaurants in Stamford
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Greek
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed 12 February 2012

We go to Sergio's regularly, at least a couple of times a month, for consistent, tasty dinners. Lasagna, Baked Ravioli and Chicken and Veal Parm are to meals of choice, lots of cheese and good gravy (sauce), and a choice of salad, and very reasonable prices. Not a fancy place, we come back time and again for the food!!!!

Reviewed 21 November 2011

Great pizza and salads. Great prices. Don't expect a fancy dining experience. Take-out is the way to go.

Reviewed 1 November 2011

They have an amazingly delicious $5 grilled chicken salad. Their pizza is just the way I love it. Ask for the steamed brocoli with garlic & oil (sometimes not on the menu) - superb. It's a casual, family-run place. Doesn't look too special from the inside or out, but it's always busy and people like us keep going back.
Only thing I don't like about it is the snarly waitress that's always there. She seems annoyed at any request ever made of her and I think it's super rude to carry around that kind of attitude to paying customers. However - the food is so good we always so back.
Also a lot of people call ahead and get an order for pick-up.

Highly recommended.
Just ignore the lousy waitress.

1  Thank Parsely115
Reviewed 14 June 2011

This place is a local favorite and it pretends to be nothing more than it is. A low-key, local spot for good pizza. The deeper-dish pizza may not fit the style of everyone, but they offer a decent and consistent menu which I would suggest if you are looking for simple take out or eat in fare. It is the type of place that you might miss as you drive by, but give it a chance and the down to earth and friendly wait staff will serve you.

Reviewed 8 May 2011

Food:

What can I say about this pizza at this joint? Well the pizza is AMAZING, I can guarantee anyone that goes to Sergio's for Pizza well not be dissapointed. The salads are great even though they load up the salads with vinegar, the garlic bread with cheese is great, their pasta though is rather lacking. The other little appetizers they have: the fries, chicken wings, mozzerella sticks, etc. Come straight from the box and put into the microwave, which I would say is rather a big dissapointment.

Atomsphere:

Well the restaurant is rather small and in need of a major update. The tables, chairs, table cover all need to be replaced. THE MENU AS WELL NEEDS TO BE REPLACED as it is a little piece of paper in a cheap plastic container that you can tell hasn't been replaced in years. As for the people that come in, well its all of mix of locals, a lot of whom are the local cops that come in for lunch or for a quick pizza and salad, and a lot of folks coming from NY.

Service:

This is without a doubt going to be my favorite subject to talk about. THE WAITRESSES ARE HORRIBLE, AND THEY PROVIDE HORRIBLE SERVICE. I am by far an unbiased person when it comes to talking about restaurants, since I have always though it is unfair to go off of one experience, and I have kept the same train of thought for Sergios. I really love the pizza here and I held off writing a review on Sergios because when I first went I just thought I had a waitress that was having an off day, unfortunately I was wrong, dead wrong. I can say I've been to Sergios probably near 15 times and every single time I go the waitresses rather socialize then do their job. They do not introduce themselves, they don't even SEAT YOU, they just say sit anywhere and someone will be with you, but they don't tell you how someone will be with you after they're finished talking about their personal lifes with the other waitresses. When the service does come around though, they're rather laggish meaning they'll take your order for a drink and even though the restaurant has 2 fridges one on each side it'll take the waitress 10 mins+ to get the drinks. Getting the appetizers is another thing, when you get there your suppose to get your little basket of bread but I have only gotten this basket of bread ONCE, the bread itself isn't that important but its the concept of my waitress paying enough attention to me to get the bread that every table should get just not the local friends they have and the cops. And another thing is the appetizer won't get to you until your entree, which to me ultimately kills the meal because I have seen my own appetizer sit on the counter until my entree is ready and the waitress has to come over with the food.

Additionally the service has no uniform code and the waitresses could use lessons on personal hygiene.

Overall Summary:

I would say Sergio has some of the best pizza I have ever had, and the rest of the food is ok. The service is utterly disgusting, and kills the dining experience of eating at Sergios establishment. The reason I gave Sergios three stars is because they have great pizza and decent food at a very reasonable price. My last words for a person that's considering Sergios is to order out, and save yourself the mediocre dining experience.