“Inconsistent Food Quality”

Bedford Hall Craft Kitchen & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Bedford Hall Craft Kitchen & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #224 of 487 Restaurants in Stamford
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The physical space is nice - high ceiling, brick wall, fireplace, front wall of windows etc. Four of us went there two weeks ago and thought the food (burgers, margarita pizza and sweet/hot wings) was very good. We went back on Friday night and the pizza and wings were very different and not nearly as good. Pizza sauce was heavy and sweet; the crust wasn't like a puffy wood-oven pizza crust (as it had been before) - now it was like a frozen crust that was shiny and hard. Wings were much spicier than before and the skin was flabby and unappealing. The mgr stopped by before our food arrived to ask how "how's everything?" and we said fine; after the food, we told her that it was actually not fine and explained (we asked if they had changed chefs in the interim). No, and she checked w/the chef and came back to tell us that both dishes should have been the same as before. It's a shame, because we really liked it the first time but based on this recent experience, we won't return.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Food is excellent however the staff need training. When guests order a bottle, bring the unopened bottle to the table, not already open with 3 glasses poured. When checking on guests, remember to fill their empty glasses.
When payment is with cash never ask if guests need any change

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Very spacious, great atmosphere, staff is great n friendly. I had the ribeye it was so succulent, n flavorful,my friends had the salmon which was amazing also. Will visit again

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

On my way home from work one night I saw this place open. It was in the same location of a Mexican restaurant in which the food was so so, but it was too loud I don't need loud music when I'm trying to eat, especially if the dj used too much base. I saw the menu and said I will come back to eat here with my husband. I would have wrote my review sooner but I couldn't find you on trip advisor. So glad you are listed.
Now my husband and I just finished watching the Memorial Day parade in the rain, and the ceremony in Veteran's Park. Walking I suggested we try it. I loved the nice cool vintage decor, the service was good. It was their soft opening before the grand opening later on. They had a Bloody Mary bar set up in the corner like they do in New Orleans on Sundays. The menu had a variety of dishes. The chef must be from the South, because there were several Southern menu items. It's not a bad thing. We like Southern food. I had the Blue crab mac and cheese, and a side of fresh biscuits(with herb butter) my husband had the French dip. My dish was listed as an appetizer but it was very generous and perfect size for lunch. The french dip according to my husband was delicious. As a local I will be coming back again to try other dishes on the menu. I can't wait to try their cookie dessert, that looked amazing when I saw it on a person's table walking home from work on another night. As a bar crowd it caters to the 20 somethings and college students from what I saw. Give this place a try if you want something different. I hope this place stays open on Bedford Street for a long time

Reviewed 8 June 2018

Chill hangout on Bedford street.
At first blush it's Yet Another Pub on this stretch of Bedford street, but it does have a couple of things that set if apart from the others - mainly in that it's a bit more airy and spacious - especially with the front open - removing some of the "gloom and doom" feel that you get around the area.
The food and drink are about the same as elsewhere, albeit with a bit more variety on the wine/beer list than normal.

The bottom line is that the place is well run, and there isn't much to disappoint. Which, given that this is Stamford, is a pretty huge win...