“To be young”

Cross street: Between Broad and Spring Street
Bronx, New York
“To be young”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

The amount of stars I gave this place is purely because my taste have refined too much more elegant places.... That being said... If you're looking for a bar to hang out in with good drinks great atmosphere and very good food this is the place to go.... The crowd may be on the underside more of a college crowd but it's still a fun place to stop and have a beer...

• Visited May 2014

Stamford, CT
“I really wanted to give this place 4-stars, but gave 3-stars.”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

The food is way, way too inconsistent. One day I have great braised beef ravioli, then the next time, they screw up chicken. Maybe the real chef has a few off days. Their menu is decent, and I have had many good meals here, but again- I have had a few poor meals here that has prevented me from going back.

Visited May 2014
New York
“Great Happy Hour”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Love going to happy hour here. Food is tasty, the prices are reasonable, and the bar is stocked with plenty of beers and drinks.

It's a nice change from the local places around. Normal prices are a bit high for my taste.

Most times the bar staff is displeased that I am there for happy hour only, even though I tip well when they do their job.

• Visited December 2013
Stamford, Connecticut
“Butterfield Restaurant and Bar”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Unless you are a 20-something person looking for the opposite gender, STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE, esp. at night. I have seen bouncers on the sidewalk, and police cars making regular visits. It is OK for lunch, I enjoyed the times I went there during the day.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank MikeL157
Stamford
“Food gone downhill”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

As another reviewer stated, this used to be a great place to eat but the food has gone way downhill. The menu is now pub type food and takes a long time to be served. I ordered the fried calamari because it used to be one of my favorites here, but what came out was clearly straight from a freezer bag. Beer on tap is plentiful and the late night crowd is good, but if you're looking for good food, don't go there.

Visited September 2013