I travelled there at thanksgiv wkend with my husband .. had a very painful experience:
1. I requested for a microwave when booking - never got it - there was a young Indian woman who promised me everytime to get it to my room - she was the greatest lier I have ever seen in my life
(this is not any sort of racist comment..but being an Indian myself, I was expecting better & responsible behavior from this lady)
2. None of the food vending machines in this hotel worked...it was very rainy that day & even for small snacks, we had run to the nearest gas station in the torrential rain
3. The TV remote didn't have any battery (although they provided one when asked for..that the only thing we thankfully got from them)
4. Due to consistent bad service, we checked out earlier than what we booked..when we asked for a refund, there was again this Indian woman who kept on delaying on one pretext or the other...asked us to come at 10am to her office when she herself was not there..the person who was there instead told us that he cannot help us unless she returns
Now is that what you call a "responsible behavior"?
Overall, that was one of the worst exp ever..I have been to similar priced hotels in many places, but this one was unbearable (not to speak of their "continental breakfast" that has only buns/cereals/apple juice)
Avoid this hotel at any cost ..you will get better service (& behavior) at other similar priced hotels
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Americas Best Value Inn is conveniently located off of I-95N Exit 9, in the beautiful shoreline city of Stamford, Connecticut. Our hotel is within minutes of the area's most popular attractions including Stamford Town Center Mall, Landmark Square Cinema, Lockwood Mansion, Island Beach, Bartlett Aboretum, University of Connecticut Stamford, Dolce Convention Center, and Stamford Museum and Nature Center. Enjoy a delicious meal at our on-site restaurant "Exit 9 Cafe" or visit one of the restaurants within a mile of our hotel including Subway, Smokey Joe's BBQ, Brasitas Restaurant, Villa Italia Ristorante, and Giovanni's Serious Steak House. Our 24-hour staff is here to make our pet friendly hotel your home away from home. Guests are treated to free wireless high-speed Internet access, free daily continental breakfast, free local calls, free parking, use of our on-site business center, Rooms feature a radio, desk with lamp, alarm clock, satellite/cable TV, in-room safe, and wake-up service. At Americas Best Value Inn Stamford, We've Got You Covered from the time you hit the road until your head hits the pillow. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Cancelon so you can book your Americas Best Value Inn Stamford reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Value Inn Stamford Hotel Stamford