“DON'T DO IT...I REPEAT..DO NOT STAY IN THIS HOTEL!!!!!!”

Americas Best Value Inn Stamford
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Stamford
Reviewed 30 December 2013

After a long night of driving we, reserved this room online from the road just due to its location not far from our destination. I have no words for how disturbing and disgusting this place is. If it wasn't for the freezing cold temperatures outside, I'd have slept in my car as opposed to this filthy space. Quick run down: Dirty wall, dirty bathroom doors, desk looked like someone smeared what i hope is soda all over and just wiped it with their hand, dried blood on bedspread, lamps that don't work, headboard is filthy...there is not one good thing I could say about this place. We slept in our full clothes on top of towels and got outta there at first light. Do yourself a favor and stay someplace, ANYPLACE else. This is not an exaderation, if anything its an understatement. See photos.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
13  Thank g1stratus

Reviewed 20 November 2013

I booked a couple rooms here for a few of my associates and I. Usually my deciding factors on a hotel are on breakfast offerings in the morning and reasonable rates. Both we found here. First night one room had an issue of smokers next door and the scent seeping in our room was moved to another without hesitation. By the end of the trip i forgot my watch in the room, I was very grateful that the staff did retrieve it and safely returned to my wrist days to follow. All in all it was great value and I'd stay there again if in Stamford.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Darnel D
Reviewed 23 October 2013

The price is reasonable and the room is clean. But It's kind of noise since it is so close to highway. The free breakfast is very simple but is OK. Suggest book the room via internet travel sites that will give the most discount.

Room Tip: Rooms on north side is much quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Yong P
Reviewed 27 May 2013

After driving 13 hrs from Canada my husband and I found this by searching our GPS for local hotels, we had stayed in another Americas Best Value Inn in another city on a previous trip and it was comfortable and clean so we thought this one would be the same. We pulled up to the office/lobby just after 7pm and it was a little dated looking but so was the previous one. We paid the gentleman on the front desk and he gave us our room key and told us our room was on the ground floor around back. We drove around back and as soon as we rounded the corner my husband spotted 2 rats fighting beside the dumpster, trying to ignore this we drive to the other end of the parking lot to our room. Our room had a musty smell as if it hadn't been used or opened in months. There was a condom floating in the toilet, the underside of the bedspread had blood splatters and there were large blood stains on the pillows that we could see through the pillowcase. My husband packed our suitcases back into the car and I walked back to the front desk to return the key since there was no way we were staying there. On the walk back I noticed an Escalade in the parking lot with the side window smashed out and a bullet hole in the door. The clerk didn't seem surprised when I told him we were not staying, guess he is used to it.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank TVHurley
Reviewed 22 May 2013

Stamford residents know this motel for what it really is: a quick fling spot. This is NOT a place where anyone should take their children. As for the neighborhood, it is safe. Unfortunately, the hotel and the trash that rents rooms by the hour, give a false impression of the entire neighborhood not being safe. This place switched ownership a couple years ago and it is going downhill very quickly. It's amazing that the manager has so much time to respond to former guest complaints, yet has no energy to actually fix those same complaints. If price or convenience are a factor for you, then La Quinta or Motel 6, both which are just off 95 (Exit 6) are a much better buy, and two whole levels better (even though both of those places are not great, they have no where near the reputation in Stamford as America's Worst Value Inn). If you are willing to travel a little more north, then the Doubletree in Norwalk (Exit 13) is worth it, and is usually priced at or slightly above Stamford's dump -- America's Worst Value Inn. As for the owner, rather than lying to past and/or future guests on how concerned you are or how you are fixing the problems, neither of which are true, maybe you need to lower your price down to $30/night, where they belong, or even better yet, just call in the bulldozers.

Room Tip: Stay away from this dump at all costs.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
7  Thank John_B33936
Reviewed 3 March 2013

Well the front looks okay but once you pay and are sent around back you change your mind! There is an array of broken down vehicles and trailers and trash everywhere. My husband myself and my girlfriend went to Stamford to see the jerry Springer show ...you'd think we wouldn't be to piicky lol!?! However upon entering the room we were horrified!! There was BLOOD spray on the ceiling! !! YES BLOOD! We also found blood in the bathroom along with a dirty bathtub with used soap and scum in it!! We pulled back the sheets to find black soot wipings which puzzled us at first until we opened the desk drawer to look for menus for local restaurants and a crack pipe rolled to the front!! Yes I said it a CRACK PIPE! I new it was kinda scummy but that blew the top. We were going to alert management were worried since we were out of towners we might be blamed! Had my children been with me it would've been a different story! My friend and I decided to do a little investigation and found SYRINGE CAPS!! AND EMPTY DRUG BAGS littering the hallways! My friend went to see if the desk or vending machine had tampons as she ran out and what we found were condoms for $1.50 no tampons! But a prostitute house wouldn't have those I doubt girls work on there period!!! Needles I mean needless to say we slept on top of the bed spread and wrapped the pillows in towels and shirts we brought! I would NEVER AGAIN STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!"! EWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!

Stacy February 25,2013

• Stayed: February 2013
4  Thank mikey7310
Reviewed 28 January 2013

Let me cut to the chase--- the only people I can imagine wanting to stay here are prostitutes, drugs addicts, or High School kids who cant get into anywhere else. Or perhaps the unfortanate high way traveler who just need a place to crash and donest know any better. The place is downright seedy. The rooms in themselves are disgusting. I would imagine that back in 1980 or so the place might have been passable, but it's a joke now. Disgusting old bathrooms, unclean rooms, old beds and TVs, shady characters everywhere, scary and unsafe hallways, a bulletproof check-in counter, ect ect. And what makes me laugh is that prices are still pushing $100, with "hourly" rates availabe. I would think that even for someone brave enough to stay here, paying anymore then $40 would seem outrageous. A tip for Americas best value--Either take your name off this hotel, or clean it up. You dont want to be assoticated with this place. There are a couple other 1 or 2 star chains in Stamford that are miles better then this place, and at similar prices.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank icem2829
AMALSAD, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Stamford, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2013

Dear Icem 2829.

Thankyou so much for Your last visit with us ,thankyou so much for taking time share your concern with us.every day we serve many guest in our hotel .many guest when they check out with smily and happly face .our process is to improve what we doing we always need input from our valuable guest and our goal is to improve. we already took the necesary corrective action for your concern .
thanking you.