Hotel Zero Degrees
US$108
US$77
US$209
  • Pool
All reviewsfree parkingstarbucks coffeedowntown stamfordtrain stationgreat boutiquehash brownsfree breakfastbars and restaurantsyogurthot breakfastunderground garageking roomgreat ratefront desk staffroom keyupon checkinto nyc
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 December 2011

We arrived here after our drive down the Connecticut coast late one evening..This hotel is right in the middle of downtown Stamford....We chose it on trip advisor reviews, primarily because of proximity to the train station. It is about a 5 minute walk, maybe 2-3 blocks....
We originally had booked a queen room.. Got checked in quickly and up to our room we went. The room was fine, but if you are claustrophobic, do not book this room.. kind of reminded me of our cruise ship room.. Other than my claustrophobia,,the only thing we found was that the tv had nothing but snow.
We took a trip down to the desk to tell them about the tv and while we were there ,I asked if all the rooms were this small.... The girl at the desk, immediately excused herself and was quickly back offering us a free upgrade to a king room. I would have to give the desk staff an "A" in customer service.
Our king room was very large and the whole hotel was very clean.. the lobby was decorated nicely for Christmas and felt very festive.
The breakfast that is included, was very good... Lots of choices, and filled us up.
The only reason I gave this hotel a 4 out 5 was due to the very small queen room...Other than that I was more than pleased with facility and service.

Room Tip: Don't choose a queen romm if claustrophopbia is a prolem for you.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 December 2011

My husband and I decided to save a few dollars by staying in Stamford, CT for our weekend visit to NY. As I always do, I checked out Tripadvisors for reviews of various hotels. Going on what I read about Zero Degrees, we decided to book this hotel for two nights. The hotel is very modern and very, very clean. The bed was extremely comfortable. One of the biggest plus factors was the efficiency and friendliness of the staff. The included breakfast was adequate with a selection of hot foods as well as the standard fruit, pastires, cereal ect. I had read that the rooms were small and this is true, but I knew that going in and was not bothered by it. We were looking for a comfortable place to crash after long days in NY and this hotel fit the bill. Also, as far as the room is considered, the bathroom is very roomy with a large shower. The complimentary toiletries are all natural and upscale. They even provide a wonderful terry robe. There is also free parking directly below the hotel, which is very convenient. The train station was a short 5 minute walk. Bottom line, this is a very nice hotel and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 December 2011

Free parking in underground garage; immediate vicinity can be sketchy at night; large breakfast selection; lots of bars and restaurants nearby; new hotel shares building with reconverted YMCA; noise on lower floors from adjacent basketball courts can be annoying; only 1 elevator; room decor is chic and trendy but the materials appear rather cheap; room sizes and views differ significantly (our first room faced a brick wall while our second room overlooked the rear parking lot).

Room Tip: Try to get a room on a higher floor to avoid sounds from the attached YMCA
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 December 2011

We stayed at Hotel Zero Degrees for 10 nights during our adoption when we had to stay with our newborn in CT, and we could not have been more pleased. Everyone at the hotel was so friendly and accommodating from members of their management team, sales director Krista Ruggles; front desk manager Nate; housekeeping director Carlos to their bellhop/concierge, who Brandon was so helpful with our luggage and driving us in the complimentary car service. The hotel is conveniently located nearby a countless diversity of restaurants, most of which deliver to the hotel. Target, a six-story mall with high-end stores, and a movie theatre are within a few blocks walk, and the Hotel is within easy walking distance to the MetroNorth train station, although the hotel driver will also take you there in their car. The hotel even drove us to the bank! The rooms are very nice, especially the suites on the 8th Floor. There is ice and vending on each floor. The common areas, including the lobby are trendy and clean, including a few computers and sitting area where they serve a FANtastic complimentary breakfast (you could NOT be disappointed). They have Starbucks coffee available in the lobby throughfut the day. The hotel has complimentary underground parking, and we never had a problem finding a parking space. However, if you do have a problem parking, they will let you park in hotel's driveway. Also included in the hotel is a complimentary YMCA with access from the building, another invaluable service for a couple "living" in the hotel with a newborn baby. Our was an exceptional experience at Hotel Zero Degrees. I can't imagine a nicer, more convenient hotel filled with amenities in Stamford.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the ice machine, elevator and housekeeping room. The suites and superior king rooms (with extra sitting area) are excellent.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 November 2011

Stayed for one night (at a very reasonable $79!) when I got a bit too drunk and did not want to drive home. This seems to happen a bit often than I would like, but it is what it is....

Besides being right behind my favorite bar, the location can't be beat! You can easily get to other Downtown Stamford hotspots by foot, and they also offer a shuttle service for places off the beaten path.

Staff were pleasant and helpful. Free access to the Y, which was recently renovated (the Y actually used to own the building and had their own rooms, but had sold it to a developer who created this masterpiece of a hotel.)

Definitely planning on staying again!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends