Hotel Zero Degrees
  • Restaurant
Stamford Suites(Stamford)
Amsterdam Hotel(Stamford)
  • Pool
All reviewsfree parkingstarbucks coffeedowntown stamfordtrain stationgreat boutiquehash brownsfree breakfastbars and restaurantsyogurthot breakfastunderground garageking roomgreat ratefront desk staffroom keyupon checkinto nyc
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

What a beautiful hotel. My room looked like a studio apartment. I like that you can't go up in the elevator without a key. So you don't have to worry about non guests getting up to the rooms.its very comfortable and super clean. The bed was extremely comfortable. I'd definitely stay here again.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Kevin_Gross, General Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear Risacapone,

Thank you so much for this review, we appreciate your kind words and for the gorgeous description. Our excellent housekeeping staff work very hard to keep the hotel clean and make sure all of our visitors are comfortable. I will surely pass this review along to our housekeeping manager so he can share it with the staff during their next meeting. Thank you again, we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Convenient even w/o a car if you have business or pleasure in Stamford or even NYC. Train into the city or Amtrak is a short walk but they have a free van service. Great restaurants very close. Breakfast & parking are free!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank MDGrandma_4

Dear MDGrandma_4,

Thank you for the great review, and for choosing to stay with us during your visit to Stamford. Our location, right in the heart of downtown Stamford, does make us a very convenient hotel for guests traveling without a car. We hope to welcome you back soon for a weekend in Stamford, or perhaps a trip to NYC.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

First of all, as a Stamford resident I can tell you with authority that this hotel has the absolute best location in the city. Only the Holiday Inn is comparable in proximity to nightlife. It's also by far the best value. Since I already live here I have very little need to stay in a hotel so when I do it's for an escape. Zero provides that beautifully. (I spent my wedding night here in fact.) If your looking for a getaway, stop looking. Book the "DATE NIGHT" package (available only on Zero's website,) for a minescule upcharge and you'll get a bottle of wine when you arrive along with two movie tickets (in giftcard form) good at either of the two Bowtie Cinemas in town, and BEST OF ALL a super lazy 2PM late checkout!!! Stamford is oozing with fine dining, nightclubs, and bars... many of which are less than a 5 minute walk to the right as you exit the lobby. Grand being one of them has an amazing happy hour from 5-7 btw. Don't like walking? No worries, after you park your own car for free (although garage is tiny and a bit awkward,) the hotel is happy to shuttle you around anywhere you like downtown FOR FREE. So in addition to providing 10% off at a pretty decent list of local restaurants, they'll bring you there as well. Then as long as you aren't too drunk to dial a telephone afterwards just phone and they'll come get you. Nobody else does this. The rooms and lobby are plushly decorated and everything looks brand new. There's nothing more depressing than a dated hotel room that has that tired and worn look. Everything is spotless here. You feel like it's yours. As a security bonus the elevator requires a room key swipe to go anywhere other than parking or lobby so only guests can access the rooms and only the floor they're staying on. I do recommend either a superior/deluxe king though as the room size is much better for very little extra. We had a Deluxe this time (#712) which has a pullout couch/seating area and a desk & chair. No tub which would have been nice but the shower had an all glass front & door and was exceptionally large. Nice comfy bed too! I might get the Exec. Suite next time just to try it out. WiFi is also free and unlimited which is pretty standard except that here it was pretty fast and was very reliable unlike some I've used. Starbucks coffee is available 24/7 in the lobby and there is breakfast although we were too busy snoozing to wake up in time. I was told it runs from 6am-10am. Staff is friendly and accommodating (especially the shuttle guy) although the morning lady did call us at 11:30am to ask when we were checking out. Guess she didn't notice we had the Date Night rate w/ 2pm late checkout but she apologized for the mistake. All things considered this hotel is the best value in town by a huge margin and my wife and I will most definitely be back. It's amazing how nice it can be to just ditch you're everyday routine for a night spent in style in new surroundings.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank LectroGlide

Dear LectroGlide,

Thank you for sharing your Date Night experience. I am glad we were able to provide you with such a beautiful escape right here in Stamford. It is great when our guest take advantage of all the amenities and promotions we offer. I apologize our front desk contacted you in the morning, perhaps they missed the note regarding the late check out. We do offer the Date Night package on our website all year, so hopefully we have the opportunity to welcome you back next time you need to ditch the everyday routine.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

I have been traveling to Stamford since 2012 and have been to a number of the area hotels. I decided to give Hotel Zero a try after an issue with my last visit at a nearby competitor. I had heard some good things from fellow travelers and always had some interest in staying, however my rewards program kept me in place. I can now say after staying at zero a handful of times, it is a great value. The staff are extremely friendly, and even remembered my name when I was checking in. The doorman Donnie is always a pleasure and always is available to give me a lift to the office or to get something to eat. The breakfast is excellent and the fitness center is much larger than most hotels I have been to. I have noticed some rooms are smaller than others but my last stay I was upgraded to a king bed room and it had a a couch and a refrigerator, very spacious. I have definitely found a new home when I'm in Stamford.

Room Tip: The rooms in the corners seem to be larger.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear PDarden,

Thank you for taking a moment to post this review, and for your new loyalty to Hotel Zero Degrees. There are some great hotels in the area, so we are honored you have chose to make us your new home in Stamford. We will do everything we can to make sure we continue to exceed your expectations. I am glad our staff has played such a major role in making your transition to Hotel Zero Degrees easier. I will be sure to share this review with Donnie, and congratulate him for providing such exceptional service. We look forward to providing you great service for all of your future stays.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Overall good experience. I can't complain about anything. The hotel is in a good location, not far from 95 but far enough to not hear any of the car traffic. The lobby is well-decorated. The room was clean and well-furnished, with a nice bathroom (huge shower!). Quiet room with a comfortable bed. Had a single-serve coffee maker and an iPod docking station alarm clock which was great since I forgot my charger. There's free parking under the hotel; it's OK to park in the spots labeled YMCA. Free full hot breakfast in the morning was amazing (eggs, sausage, bacon, breads, muffins, yogurt, fruits, cereal, juices, coffee, etc.).

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank KP_SpeakerFreak
Kevin_Gross, General Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Dear KP_SpeakerFreak,

Thank you for taking a moment to post this great review and for sharing in detail some of the amenities the hotel offers. It is always great to hear from our guests how clean, quiet and comfortable our rooms are. I am glad you enjoyed our hot breakfast, as it does offer plenty of options to start the day. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back for another wonderful stay in the near future.