“Great hotel, great breakfast, great location...just great!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Zero Degrees

Hotel Zero Degrees
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Stamford
Parsippany, New Jersey
“Great hotel, great breakfast, great location...just great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Friendly staff, nice room, great breakfast and fantastic location! When looking for a hotel for a girls weekend, I was pleasantly surprised when I came across Hotel Zero Degrees. The price was right and I was pleased to find out that it included a hot breakfast and free parking too.

Room Tip: The only downside was getting a room close to the elevator. The other guests were very loud!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jordan S, Front Office Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Jenny O,

Thank you for taking a moment to write such a wonderful review! I am happy to know you had a great stay during your girls weekend and were able to enjoy our complimentary full breakfast each morning. I apologize for the room being close to the elevator, for future stays request a room away from the elevator and we will be able to accommodate you. Safe travels!

Warmly,
Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
New Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

My recent stay at Hotel Zero was excellent. As an experienced traveler/jaded hotel "guest" it surprised me that I actually enjoyed staying at Hotel Zero so much this is the very first time I am writing one of "these". It is very possibly one of the overall BEST HOTELS I have ever stayed at and I have stay at some "Big Name-High Priced" places all over the world through the years. The Staff are really what made "the difference". They were sincerely friendly in a quiet and discrete way, a consistent pattern I noticed, not just a single person’s character trait. Hotel Zero managed to impress me by finding “The Balance”: (1) the staff were discrete but available, helpful without being intrusive. I did not hear the word "NO" a single time during my stay (2) the rooms had unique furnishings, colors and big CLEAN WHITE bedding (3) the "breakfast" was a reasonable and inviting balance of hot/cold and “room temperature” food and drinks (4) the overall modern and sophisticated decor was bright, cheerful and subtle. In the final summary, it all comes back to the "people" at Hotel Zero. Hey, I just realized, I might have experienced genuine, sincere REAL HOSPITALITY in the "Hospitality Industry" for the first time ever! Thank you HOTEL ZERO for the unexpected and great experience! Anita Steenson

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Kevin_Gross, General Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Dear Anita S,

Thank you for writing such a detailed and honest review. The balance and real hospitality you reference in your post are service standards our staff have been striving to reach for a long time. Good hospitality and genuine hospitality are two different things, so it is very rewarding to read your review and know our staff has such a positive impact on the guest who stay with us. I must say your review has been a pleasure to read, and it will be a pleasure to share with the entire team here. I look forward to congratulating them all on providing genuine hospitality, and look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Zero Degrees to experience that balance and hospitality again.

Cromwell
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed one night in April. The hotel's pick up service from the train station was wonderful. We were upgraded to a large, quiet room on the third floor. A short walk around the corner and we found several wonderful restaurants. We felt very safe. Breakfast the next morning had a wide variety of both hot (eggs, bacon, sausage, toast) and cold (fruit, yogurt, juices) items. Parking spaces under the hotel are very tight. I would definitely recommend the Hotel Zero Degrees to others. You can't beat the price.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Cynthia G,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experience with us on TripAdvisor. It is always great to hear positive feedback regarding our complimentary breakfast, especially when it is described as outstanding. We put a lot of time and thought into making sure our breakfast provides all guests with plenty of variety and a good balance of healthy options to start the day. I am glad you were able to enjoy the area and some of the great local restaurants and nightlife just around the corner. Parking does fill up from time to time on the weekends, however our staff is always willing to assist our guest in finding a space if the parking is completely full. Than you for the future recommendations, we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Clean, modern, cheerful. If you find yourself stuck in Stamford for business, this is a convenient location. Desk staff was extremely helpful with storing luggage for us prior and post checkout. There's only one elevator, though, so if you're in a rush in the morning, might want to consider the stairs.

Dear Michael W,

I am happy to hear you had a satisfying stay, we are always open to storing luggage complimentary before and after check-in. Thank you for your feedback and safe travels.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

First time in Stamford - loved this hotel! Great rooms, breakfast and in a great area. Close to the train station, bars, restaurants and the mall. Decor is lovely. Would stay again and highly recommend!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear dk0406,

Thank you for posting this five star review, it seems you had a great overnight stay in Stamford. I am glad you were able to enjoy our complimentary full breakfast in the morning. It is nice to take advantage of all the things to do in the surrounding area, we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back for another wonderful stay in the near future.

Melbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

Stayed at Zero Degrees on my first night in Stamford, arriving after a 22 hour trip from Melbourne and I made the right choice. Was in town for an event at the Marriott, but so glad I chose Zero Degrees to settle in.

It has the perfect balance of the 'no frills' approach but feels totally classy, sophisticated and is ultra comfortable.

The location is great, perfect for Stamford. Should I come back to town, this is where I will stay without a doubt.

Dear energise_ross,

Thank you for taking the time to post this great review, I am glad after a long trip you were able to feel right at home here at Hotel Zero Degrees. The location is very convenient as we are just steps from many restaurants and shopping options. We look forward to welcoming you back for another wonderful stay in the near future.

Warmly,
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

Hotel was easy to access and in a great location. Staff was friendly and helpful with providing info about area restaurants. Best hotel bed I've ever slept in. Room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was much, much better than expected. Love that parking was included, as well as the delicious breakfast. The only downside, if I had to be picky, is the one elevator. There's only one! There was often a wait for it, as it had to stop at every floor, since it was the only one.
Would definitely stay there again--just might request a lower floor so I could take the steps.

Room Tip: Staying on a lower floor would lessen the elevator drama.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Kevin_Gross, General Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear Elizabeth W,

Thank you for taking a moment following your stay to post this wonderful review. It is great to hear our breakfast exceeded your expectations and our bed was so comfortable. I apologize if you encountered any extended waits for our elevator during your stay. We would be more than happy to make sure your assigned to a low floor for your next visit should you request it. We hope the elevator did not cloud your stay too much, and hope to welcome you back again soon.

Kevin Gross
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stamford
Stamford Marriott Hotel & Spa
Hyatt Regency Greenwich
Hyatt Regency Greenwich
#1 of 1 in Old Greenwich
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,218 reviews

Been to Hotel Zero Degrees? Share your experiences!