Review of Spice Affaire - CLOSED

Cuisines: Indian
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: West Broad Street
Reviewed 23 September 2013

My husband and I were staying at the Hampton Inn, and did not want to travel far to have dinner. We decided to take a gamble on the hotel restaurant, called Shelly's On the River/Spice Affaire. It is actually 2 restaurants in one. We were a bit concerned when we first walked in, as there was just 1 other table of diners (but they were Indian, so that was a good sign). The waiter said that they are busier during the week, when the business travelers are in town. We ordered samosa appetizers (both the vegatable and the lamb), and cucumber salad to start - everything was fresh and delicious. My entree was the lamb roganjosh and my husband had the goat masala - both were full of flavor, absolutely delicious! We have had Indian food many times in the past (my brother-in-law is from India and we live in New York where there are many Indian restaurants), and this is the best we have ever eaten. By the time we left, there were 2 other tables each with 8 people at them, all of whom were Indian - that alone says quite a bit about the food! Our only complaint - we waited about 25 minutes for them to bring us our check - we told another waiter we were finished and asked for the check, but our waiter was outside on his cell phone, and apparently the other waiter was not able to handle totaling us up. Do not hesitate to try some great food at Spice Affaire!

Reviewed 17 August 2012

the most delicious indian food ever...I loved the hydrabadi murg with the naan. The gulab jamun was fantastic.

1  Thank star333871
Reviewed 17 June 2012

Not a lot of diners and that's a shame. The menu is extensive (I saw dishes I've never heard of and I've eaten Indian around the world, including in India) and the food was excellent. The service was also terrific. You can't go wrong!

1  Thank fivecontinentssofar