“Great value for such a nice hotel”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Stamford
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Stamford
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I was visiting my daughter for the first time in CT. I looked at the choice of hotels on Trip Advisor and picked Holiday Inn for the location and value. My husband and I were so pleasantly surprised at how much we got for the price. The front desk staff (all of them) were friendly and helpful. The room was large and so clean. The 2 double beds were so inviting and very comfortable. The bathroom was very clean and the shower in perfect condition. It was nice to have the choice of breakfast in the morning. The choices were limited and the pancake maker wasn't working. But the Cinnamon rolls were to die for and we both found something to satisfy our appetite. We couldn't believe we could get so much for less than $100. We definitely will return.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Hanithah M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Stamford, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Dear ckmcjd,
We are extremely grateful for this amazing review. Thank you so much for taking time to write it. It is our greatest pleasure to get comments like this, as this is the motivation we need to keep working hard. We will continue to improve and try to make your next stay even more enjoyable.
Hanithah M.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

Hotel was obviously under construction , but a little attention to detail would go a lot further.
For the nights I stayed the bath room was not cleaned. The floor in the shower was slimy Glad I brought flip flops. Water leaked from shower, notified desk person and was not addressed . Oh well I can't make them handle it. I decided to check out. No Drama.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Stamford, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Dear KM101712,

Firstly let me offer my sincere apologies for the problems you experienced in your room and for not living up to your expectations. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future, and hopefully on such occasion we can start to rebuild your trust in our hotel.

Once again, thank you for your time and staying with us.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 17 September 2013

We stayed here for one night on IHG priority club points on our way to NYC. Arrived around 2pm, check in was quick, although I had to return to the front desk as my keycard did not work. I was not identified as being a Priority Club member, but service was fine and quick at check in. Room was a king and was very nice. Looked to be newly renovated and very clean. Bed was comfy and had a good night's sleep. Breakfast is average at best, but suitable and filling. Only problem we had was with the valet. We chose the valet option for parking as it is only $2 more than self park. The first valet that greeted us was fabulous - very pleasant and personable - you really felt like he genuinely care about the customer. When we went out that evening for dinner, we returned around 9pm to find an empty valet stand. I went inside to the desk where someone was checking in, so I waited. I did see a gentleman in the breakfast room off the lobby on his cel phone, speaking quite loudly. I came to find out after about a five minute wait, that this was the on duty valet. When the front desk agent was done with the previous guest she called him over and he finally came out to park our car. If you are the valet, I don't think you should be on personal phone calls out of site of the front entrance. Other than this episode, our stay was very nice and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Arrived on a Friday afternoon in September, could not find the underground parking lot ( it was attached to the next door hotel ) and not labeled. Once parked, there were no signs leading us to the Holiday Inn Express so we wandered around for 10 minutes looking for someone to guide us out. At 5PM while in the shower the piercing sound of the fire alarm caused me to throw on something and leave the hotel. The fire department showed up and we were advised that a child in the attached hotel pulled the alarm. After an evening out and resting in our room, at 11:30 PM, the now familiar sound of the fire alarm sent us scurrying our onto the street with many others in various states of undress. Children in PJ's, women in nightgowns covering themselves with blankets, etc. Again, no fire or explanation. We then looked forward to the morning breakfast which was minimal at best. I waited patiently to use the new pancake machine which was inoperative when my turn came. The woman running the breakfast room said it happens all the time. The room was neat and nicely furnished, the employees seemed to try hard, but I would not stay there again, nor recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pejayLI
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Stamford, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Dear pejayLI,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the behavior of other guests prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Enjoyed staying here. Central location, clean rooms that have been updated and are beautiful. Wish there was a bit more of a restaraunt/store there but there is plenty around to supplement. A big mall is just about 5 mins down the street. The buffet was nothing to write home about but it was helpful.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night after a long drive from Virginia. As far as the area is concerned I wish we would have stayed at least another night to experience what Stamford has to offer. Looked like a beautiful little town.

Check in was quick however, we usually receive a little better service with being part of the IHG membership. I felt like we were kind of pushed to our rooms and maybe a little more of a burden rather than a customer. Either way, the relatively quick check in was nice.

The room was very nice. We had a very comfortable king size bed and had a great nights sleep. The breakfast the following morning was pretty good as well. They had the typical sausage and eggs, biscuits and gravy, coffee and juices. Pancake machine instead of waffle maker. Not a bad way to start out the morning I have to say. The only thing I missed was that they didn't have the french vanilla / hazelnut coffee creamers. They just had half & half, etc. Otherwise, breakfast was nice too.

The question being would we stay here again? Yes, we would if we were ever to go to Stamford again. We woke up well rested and started our day well fed. You won't be disappointed I'm sure.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I had hoped to send this right after our return from our trip to Stamford in July, but sadly am just now getting to it. We stayed at the Holiday Inn for a week at the end of the month for some house and job hunting in the area. We had so many things going on and little went as planned, but the service we got that week was great. The free shuttle helped my husband and I get to interviews and other activities, our room was always immaculate and promptly cleaned each day. The fridge and microwave in our room was a huge help as well as we were able to heat up leftovers some nights. The staff were exceptionally helpful and really went the extra mile to help us with a few things.

My only suggestion, and it is truly a small one is to provide a few more healthy options at the breakfast bar, like more fresh fruit. We stayed at another holiday inn recently that had more variety on the breakfast bar, but, again, this was a small issue in an otherwise fabulous experience.

In a really hectic week, it was so nice to come back and to a clean comfortable room with great service.

I would definitely recommend them

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business