“Great ambiance and great glatt kosher food” 4 of 5 bubbles

Kosh
Dining options: Reservations, Waitstaff
Dining options: Reservations, Waitstaff
Long Island, New York
“Great ambiance and great glatt kosher food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

This may be the only Glatt kosher restaurant in the state of CT but it stands on its own even if it were one of many. The ambiance of the restaurant is great. You really feel like you are in a fancy NYC restaurant. It is clean, modern furniture. The help was excellent ; very attentive and very quick with good service. The food was delicioius. We ordered turkey burghers and chiken kababs and both dishes were excellent. The only negative is that the portions were a bit on the small side. I easily would have paid a bit more for larger portions but this is a gourmet restaurant and in this day and age overeating is a not condidered a good thing. Hence this may explain the smaller portion sizes. I would go back to this restaurant the next time I am in teh Stamford area.

• Visited July 2013

Monsey, New York
“connecticut kosher”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

Love the place! Nice Ambiance, and the food is really excellent. We always see people we know, and the speculation of whom it will be is exciting. The Kosher community in Connecticut is small, and I hope they are able to survive. Its a nice place, and my only complaint is that they keep the big screen TV'S mute.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank desperado265
Stamford, Connecticut
“Had so much potential, but sliding downward”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2013

I have eaten at Kosh around 20 times. Mostly for lunch or later night snacks. I was there a day after opening about every 3-4 weeks after that. The decor is fine, the ambience ok, and its not a bad place to watch a sports game.

The good? I think they do a nice job for lunch. Lunch plates are reasonably priced, there is a good variation of entrees, and you can get in and out relatively fast.

The bad?

Where do I begin? As far as I have seen it, the menu has gone through at least 5 major changes since opening. When they opened, they had FAR too many items on the menu. That just meant that everything was going to be mediocre to poor; which it was. They have slowly pared down the menu (specifically the dinner menu) until now it is at the point that there are a good number of high priced items ($60 for a double cut sirloin steak???). I haven't been there for lunch recently, so I am not sure if they have removed certain items there (which would be a travesty).

Last night, my friend and I ordered wings. The waitress (very nice, though not experienced) had to check and see if they had any wings left - at 8:30pm. Yes, she said, we get the last order (something tells me getting the last order of something is not good?). There is a "but" to the order. We can only have a choice between two of the sauces (when the restaurant opened, it had around 18 different wing choices, last night it was around 6 on the menu, of which only 2 were available).

The wings were brought out nice and hot with carrots and celery on the side. It took at least 5 minutes for the waitress to bring two small plates so we could start digging in. And it took another 10 minutes to get some wet naps to manage the sauce. The good part is that the wings were decent. Not great, but decent. I would have them again as long as they brought a small plate for bones out and wet naps along with the wings.

As I was hungry, I decided to order the Kosh burger. I've had it before and have never been disappointed....until last night. Sidenote: I am a foodie. I grill all kinds of food. I know how a burger should be served. It came on a dried out roll, closer to well done then medium, and with a piece of beef-bacon that was so over cooked, I could have used it to stop a low velocity bullet. If you can't cook a burger properly the first time, there is no need to send it back and see if they can do it again. I ate it begrudgingly as it was expensive and I am not one to waste food.

I hope they read this review and can pull it together. There is only one other large kosher restaurant in town (its Indian and they do a great job). The food at Kosh is not pretentious. They are not trying to be upscale. So the prices need to come down and they need to learn how to cook the basics well (burgers, steaks, etc). Because at the end of the day, if I am going to spend money on kosher meat, I want it cooked properly, be properly seasoned, and be joyful to eat. Looks like I need to stick to my own kosher home grill for now.

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Fairfield, Connecticut
“Lousy service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2013

My husband and I were celebrating our anniversary tonight and decided to attend Kosh. We have gone there before and loved the food and loved the service. That is until tonight. We had reservations for 6:15 PM. Got there on time. We ordered appetizers, I ordered soup which arrived without a spoon. By the time I managed to get a server to bring me a spoon, my soup was cold and my husband never got his appetizer. We waited 45 minutes for our server to come back but she never did. We decided to leave. I mentioned to the manager that we were there for quite a while that I never got a spoon with my soup and that by the time one of the wait staff brought me a spoon it was cold. I also mentioned to him that my husband never got his appetizer. All he said was sorry. This left such a bitter taste in my mouth. I will think twice before coming back to this restaurant. This is the only kosher restaurant around and we wanted to celebrate a beautiful occasion. Sad that it ended like this

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Stamford, Connecticut
“Great Kosher in Stamford, Ct.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2012

You don't have to be Jewish to love Kosh.! This very attractive restaurant and sports bar has something for everyone. A bit more casual during the day, it is still perfect for a business lunch. Great deli sandwiches and a variety of wraps. Try the amazing Kosh burger. Perfect chicken soup. Huge salads. Many hot selections. Even vegetarian selections. Service is efficient and friendly. By night the menu expands to great steaks, chicken dishes, pastas, and a veal chop that was so outstanding even by New York standards. For those who keep kosher in Fairfield and Westchester County, Kosh is a dream come true. And even if kosher isn't important to you, you would still enjoy this fine contemporary establishment.

• Visited October 2012