“Courtyard Classy”

Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Stamford
NYC
“Courtyard Classy”
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

I'm getting very fond of Courtyard. But this one is unique. Seems to be a small downtown office building converted recently into an hotel. Right downtown with 80 (yes, 80!) bars and restaurants within 5 blocks. We got lucky, and were upgraded to a room on the 5th floor with a terrace & view of the area. The other rooms are higher, up to the 9th floor, but give me this terrace anytime. Courtyard seems to find the best staff. Friendly, efficient and very helpful. Front desk person Noel is just the best ever. The pool is a bit cool, and the jacuzzi is a bit hot, but I'm not complaining. Parking is an extra $10 but, hey! You're right downtown and can walk to anything. Target and the Palace Theatre are around the corner. And all those restaurants! We are here on the first evening of a two night stay and I'm already enchanted. We needed a weekend getaway and this is off to a great start. You should get away here, too.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TommyTurtleNYC

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Stamford, CT
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I booked this room for friends coming to town for a special family celebration. The location is great - easy walk to local restaurants. Zenaida at the front desk made sure the room and stay exceeded everyone's expectations! I definitely recommend this hotel; staff, on-site restaurant, refrigerator in room - made it a great experience!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Colleen M
New York City, New York
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Visited for business, the hotel is small, but surprisingly nice, with a great staff. I found them polite and very helpful. Good location and a surprisingly nice and well stocked bar. Clean with a refrigerator in the room a nice touch. The only complaint I had, was the towels were not the super fluffy ones that I sometimes find in hotels.

Room Tip: try to get a room looking out on the back of the hotel, I have to think that is quieter then the one...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Bangkok
Reviewed 8 March 2014

The hotel seems to be fairly new and our room was spotless and comfortable - just what we needed after a day's traveling. The service was efficient and the only comment I would make is that because the bars in that area of town stay open fairly late, guests returning to their rooms can be quite noisy. The walls seem to be on the thin side too. Would definitely consider staying there again if in the area.

Room Tip: Away from the elevators!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Orlando, Florida, United States
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Clean, nice amenities (access to a gym across the street) and a ton of surrounding restaurants (and one attached) coupled with a very nice and helpful staff make this a great place to stay. I've stayed at the full service Marriott in Stamford, and I will stay here moving forward.

Room Tip: Room 629 was awesome...hot tub in room.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Solvang, California
Reviewed 20 February 2014

This is the 3rd or 4th time my boyfriend and I have chosen to stay at this hotel, and previously, we had been very pleased with the room, service, and location, though the quality of our stay seems to be decreasing with each successive visit. This time, we were more disappointed. While the room was clean, and the service was mostly good, this particular room, on the 9th floor, was quite small and had a bed whose mattress sank in the middle. We both woke up with backaches the two mornings we were there because the mattress was so incredibly unsupportive. On the day we were to go into the city, we requested a shuttle 2.5 hours in advance of our departure. However, the shuttle did not arrive, despite our early request. (in their defense, they did order a taxi for us, but it arrived about 20 minutes later, rather than the suggested 5). In addition, when we went into NYC for the evening, we were told that there would be a shuttle to pick us up from the station. However, when we called for the shuttle, we were told that it was no longer running (and not because of the weather). Overall, the hotel looks quite nice and clean, but we were disappointed by an unexpectedly uncomfortable bed (NOT like what we had experienced in the past) and an unreliable shuttle service.

Green Features: This hotel has signs about leaving towels on the rack to be not be washed if you would like, but when my boyfriend and I did so, the towels were removed and replaced anyway...kind of defeats the purpose!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Marie C, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Stamford Downtown, responded to this review, 22 February 2014
Dear InLoveWithThailand,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and sharing your experience with the Courtyard Stamford Downtown.

You indicated in your response that bed and shuttle service were unsatisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

Marie Cabral
Front Office Manager
Courtyard by Marriott Stamford Downtown
Marie.Cabral@marriott.com
2033588822
Woodstock, Connecticut
Reviewed 7 January 2014

OK - look at my prior review for Stamford Hotel & Spa. I have to be in Stamford 2-3 times a year and gave Marriott another chance in Stamford, but at a different property. This location is smaller, but just as convenient to all the business needs (Train, highway, shopping ect). It is clean, new and the staff was very attentive. I did not have a chance to eat here, but I did tour the facility and it looked clean, sharp and people seemed to be enjoying themselves. So until the other location does a complete face lift. Stay here.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business