“CONGRATULATIONS, GREAT SERVICE”

Courtyard by Marriott Stamford Downtown
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Stamford
Reviewed 2 May 2014

During my stay from April 22-25/2014 I met the Engineer Francisco, a man with such willing to solve any kind of thecnical problem, besides his overwhelming personality. He looks like a close friend indeed.

Also the ladies in the frontdesk, what a lovely attitude and always available to answer my questions.

But I want also to mention Roxy, the lady in charge of the Bar. What a wonderful smile, she always managed to have the right comment to make us feel better to enjoy our sharing moments with our colleagues. I did really enjoy my whole stay at advisable hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Luis P

Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

Had to stay here as my go to place was sold out. I'm happy to day it turned out great. It's in a pretty happening part of town with all types of restaurants to choose from for dinner. The staff is very friendly and they have a restaurant and bar on site of which I just had breakfast. The rooms are nice and clean. Plus they have a gym you can use that's across the street that is pretty good for a hotel. I'll be back.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 April 2014

This was a very average courtyard. What was crazy to me was the price, at north of $300 I have stayed in good hotels in Manhattan for less, and given the train service to Manhattan, will likely what I will do next time. Rooms were as expected, same as service. No complaints and no outperforms. Lots of sockets to charge electronics which was good.

Breakfast was tragic ... I order muesli and yogurt and got some smashed up trail bars and yogurt.

Room Tip: I found the room I was in, facing target noisy throughout the evening as car "shot" down...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank soapdodger73
Reviewed 9 April 2014

This marriott is pretty standard, it has everything you need for travel. The best thing about about this hotel though is the location--very central and convenient. Otherwise, nothing special but definitely a good option compared to other hotels in the area for similar price.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I'm getting very fond of Courtyard. But this one is unique. Seems to be a small downtown office building converted recently into an hotel. Right downtown with 80 (yes, 80!) bars and restaurants within 5 blocks. We got lucky, and were upgraded to a room on the 5th floor with a terrace & view of the area. The other rooms are higher, up to the 9th floor, but give me this terrace anytime. Courtyard seems to find the best staff. Friendly, efficient and very helpful. Front desk person Noel is just the best ever. The pool is a bit cool, and the jacuzzi is a bit hot, but I'm not complaining. Parking is an extra $10 but, hey! You're right downtown and can walk to anything. Target and the Palace Theatre are around the corner. And all those restaurants! We are here on the first evening of a two night stay and I'm already enchanted. We needed a weekend getaway and this is off to a great start. You should get away here, too.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TommyTurtleNYC
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I booked this room for friends coming to town for a special family celebration. The location is great - easy walk to local restaurants. Zenaida at the front desk made sure the room and stay exceeded everyone's expectations! I definitely recommend this hotel; staff, on-site restaurant, refrigerator in room - made it a great experience!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Colleen M
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Visited for business, the hotel is small, but surprisingly nice, with a great staff. I found them polite and very helpful. Good location and a surprisingly nice and well stocked bar. Clean with a refrigerator in the room a nice touch. The only complaint I had, was the towels were not the super fluffy ones that I sometimes find in hotels.

Room Tip: try to get a room looking out on the back of the hotel, I have to think that is quieter then the one...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business