This is my second stay here and I was even more pleased this time than last time.
Location: The hotel is located just west of Downtown Stamford about a half mile from the train station and the UBS Buildings. It's in a somewhat disconcerting neighborhood as the area a couple blocks south of it seems a little dodgy as our fine folks over the pond would say. They have a shuttle to downtown and the train station but it only runs weekdays from 7:30 AM to 9:30 PM.
Hotel: The hotel feels more like an Garden Inn than a Hampton. The lobby itself is spacious and large with a nice sized breakfast area and attention has been paid to details to make it seem business oriented and nice.
Check In:Very efficient and friendly check in with the nice touch of offering to explain things like breakfast and parking to me. There's a display of snacks and Gold and Diamonds are invited to choose two from them (I had Diet Coke and trial mix).
Room: Without asking I was upgraded to a suite (I'm Hilton Gold) and it was really nice. Very large as you can see from the pictures with lots of little things I like, such as FOUR outlets on the bedside table! My only complaints are that the TV is a little hard to see from the bed and that the toilet needed some coaxing to flush.
Other: No time for breakfast this trip. Parking is in an adjacent parking garage, no tag or anything needed, there were plenty of spaces. Note: the attached restaurant is currently changing owners and is not open.
My rate was $89.10 (AAA) and I'd gladly stay again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Inn at Mill River, located on the waterfront, is a hotel with peerless elegance, modern comforts & exceptional privacy. When the hotel opened in Year 1985 it had no parallel in the city and around. Although the hotel has seen much change, it has retained all of its original charm. For business or pleasure, hotel's spacious guest rooms & suites surrounded with residential ambiance offer an enclave of luxury in convenient downtown Stamford. Located on Mill River Street, easily accessible from I-95, I-287, Route 15, Route 1. Walking distance from downtown Stamford and local corporate offices. Five minutes from Stamford train station offering link to New York City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Stamford reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Stamford
- Hampton Inn & Suites Stamford Hotel Stamford