“Third visit”

Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Stamford
Kingston, Canada
“Third visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

This is my third stay at this location and I normally book well in advance ( king single room) but my plans changed last minute and I found myself in the area late in the day . I got a king single suite as all others were taken for the rate of the normal room and it was as always just what I needed . One small detail was all the curtains were closed and I did not see the great view and balcony until just before I left !? Seems silly to walk In and not be wowed by the view they had from this room . Also the complimentary breakfast is great and in a nice setting . Always cookies or cakes or some treat awaiting my check in . Nice touches keep the guests happy .

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Stamford, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Thank you for being a return guest here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Stamford. Your business is greatly appreciated. Your review is appreciated and we hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Polish first
Bullhead City, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

Great service, wonderful facility. I would stay there again. Beds were very comfortable and free wireless was great. Bathrooms were elegant and nice amenities as well. Great Italian restaurant on site too!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Stamford, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Thank you for the kind words regarding our staff and hotel the Hampton Inn & Suites Stamford . We pride ourselves in being service professionals and we will be sure to let the staff know your words regarding them. We hope to see you again soon.
San Francisco, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

Great property, good full breakfast and helpful staff. These are all key elements I like to see for my business trips. The attached bar and restaurant are also convenient. I enjoyed the first part of my business trip so I decided to stay at the property for my return trip shortly thereafter. The staff is very helpful and the property is one of the nicer Hampton properties. I would recommend this property for both business travelers and personal travelers.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Stamford, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
We are happy you decided to spend the second part for your business trip with us here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Stamford. Thank you for your nice review and for your business.
Buffalo, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

Very nice clean rooms, very accommodating staff and quality restaurant on site. Parking was very convenient in an adjacent parking garage. I think most patrons would appreciate a little better effort in cleaning maintenance in the garage.

Thank Craig E. B
I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed in the parking garage and we will be taking your idea into consideration at our next meeting. Thank you for your business and for your nice review.
Oceanside, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

This is one of the last hotels where one can call the hotel directly and speak to someone about making a reservation. The staff actually wants to make your stay the best it can be. Great lobby and public areas. The newly reconstructed Italian restaurant and bar are a hit.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Stamford, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Thanks for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. I’m happy to read from your review that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. I was especially glad to read that you had an efficient check-in. Our main concern is for all our guests to have a welcoming stay and I am thrilled that we were able to make your stay enjoyable. Thank you very much for your business and I do hope that next time you are in town, you stay with us again here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Stamford.
Wappingers Falls, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

I stayed at the Hampton Inn Stamford for one night on a business layover and was very pleased, until I wanted to have a seat. Don't get me wrong, the room and bathroom were very clean, bed was clean and very comfortable and the room was big enough and very quiet. But when I went to sit at the desk, there it was, this huge whitish stain on the armchair. Right smack dab in the middle....between the legs.
Needless to say, this completely skeeved me out, so I had to sit and work (uncomfortably) on the bed all night. I was very tired and the armchair looked so comfortable but I just couldn't bring myself to sit on it, not knowing the origin of that stain.
I should've just called the front desk and switched rooms - I'm sure not all of their rooms and all of their furniture have that problem - but, I was exhausted and needed to prepare for the next morning and just go to bed, so I stayed there.
I actually like Hampton Inns and I sought this one; I am not bad-mouthing them. I just think hotel chains should have an occasional inspection of the housekeeping staff's work and follow up so that these random things don't happen and if they do, resolve it before the next guest checks in.
I would definitely stay here again and would recommend this hotel!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Stamford, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
We are disappointed to hear of your experience at our hotel and appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. The problems you mentioned with the chair are being broughtt to the attention of our housekeeping department for further review. We are happy to read you will be staying with us again and look forward to giving you a much better experience. Thank you.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

This hotel was clean and the staff were friendly and helpful. The bed was so comfortable. Would recommend. The parking was free. Walking distance to downtown Stamford in nice weather. The room had windows that opened.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Stamford, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
We always enjoy hearing from our guests! Thank you for posting such a pleasant review of our hotel the Hampton Inn & Suites Stamford.