I couldn't recommend this place more highly for business people, solo women travellers or families. It's luxury on a more conscious budget.
After travelling from overseas for over 24 hours on little sleep, and still another 3 hours of driving, I decided to play it safe and find a room. I couldn't find any road signs on I95 indicated any motels. I took an exit in Stamford, having seen a Marriott in the distance and hoping there would be something more affordable. I came across a questionable motel, which as a lone female, alarmed me.
I used my Google Places app on my phone to find nearby hotels where I saw Hampton Inn and used my GPS Sat Nav to input the address to find it. What wonderful inventions, or I never, ever would have known about it or found it so quickly if at all.
My room, 224 had two double beds, a huge TV, microwave, free WIFI (great for making the calls on Skype), heater/air con, a huge bathroom with well thought out amenities (also a good hair dryer). The only criticism is that the inroom coffee/tea set up is not briliant. Coffee maker shold be on a tray to prevent damage to the desk worktop. The room is great for a person having to do computer work. It could use better lighting, as it has nothing to hide. Super clean. LArge closet space. Secure door with latch, lock and eye hole.
Breakfast was amazing in a cost-efficient world. Everything was disposable and self-service...and clean. Something for everyone (yogurt, cereal, scrambled eggs, fresh fruit, juices out of a machine (Apple juice tasted like water, coffee selections from a machine (excellent coffee!) with three tyes of milk. Coffee cups are disposable, and with take-out tops for those on the go. The cenre-piece was that you could make your own waffles! Smelled yummy.
Multi storey free car-park. Free breakfast.
Usual rate $99.00 plus tax.
Anyway, highly recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Inn at Mill River, located on the waterfront, is a hotel with peerless elegance, modern comforts & exceptional privacy. When the hotel opened in Year 1985 it had no parallel in the city and around. Although the hotel has seen much change, it has retained all of its original charm. For business or pleasure, hotel's spacious guest rooms & suites surrounded with residential ambiance offer an enclave of luxury in convenient downtown Stamford. Located on Mill River Street, easily accessible from I-95, I-287, Route 15, Route 1. Walking distance from downtown Stamford and local corporate offices. Five minutes from Stamford train station offering link to New York City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Stamford reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Stamford
- Hampton Inn & Suites Stamford Hotel Stamford