“Mixed bag”

Barrique Bistro and Wine Br
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

Visited during Stamford restaurant week. Had reservations, but ended up waiting 5 minutes to be seated at a more than half empty restaurant.
Decor is minimalist, but okay.
Service from start to finish was not very good. One waiter for the whole dining room, even as the restaurant filled up. Barely saw him, empty wine glass sat for 15 minutes.
The food was good. Well presented, flavorful, and decent portions.
Salad on menu did not match salad presented.
I guess I would give the restaurant one more try for the standard menu, since the food was good. We'll just hope for better service.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

The food, service, and ambience are all perfect. Best meal I have had in a long time. My wife is a connoisseur of eggs benedict and she reported these as the best! My salad nicoise was also the best, better than what I have had in Nice. The chocolate cake was not really perfect, but it very good. The bloody marys were a bit unique as they has cucumber juice in them-we liked them.

Reviewed 31 January 2014

Attracted by great PR in local magazines and advice of colleagues I ate with. They regretted their recommendation. Lets start with the decor which is cold, loud and unattractive. Service ranked right up there with the worst I've come across: a refill of a water glass over 90 minutes was too much of an expectation.

As to the food, I had scallops in a corn puree for $28 and expected a decent size serving but received four small bay scallops in a plate fit for an appetizer. It tasted good but I had a sandwich when I got home. The courses chosen by my three colleagues were ruled uninspired but not bad.

We skipped dessert and Ieft.

1  Thank Jean-Pierre D
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Decided to try Barrique- ok who decided to name this restaurant? We were pleasantly surprised. All of the food was delicious, not the typical processed food served at so many Fairfield County restaurants. They were extremely friendly, very accommodating and the meal was thoroughly enjoyable. There were times the dining room noise was a bit loud but sometimes that's just the energy of the restaurant.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

The seafood, salads, and veal were perfectly cooked. Though, $32 for a veal chop in a nondescript restaurant like this is too much money. The bread is good. The tables are well spaced, and they have a nice bar. The downside is that they rush you to order even when the place is empty. Also, the wines by the bottle begin in the $40 price range which is too high for a casual place with little vibe.