“Unprofessional Manager”

Barrique Bistro and Wine Br
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 March 2014

We were disappointed in the attitude of the manager. This was our first visit. The waiter was nice and the food ok but when my wife's finger was burned by a piece from the broken candle glass (a safety problem in itself----why would a candle holder break into pieces in the middle of the table?) the manager offered a free desert. The manager's attitude was unprofessional. We did not argue but we left with a feeling that we will "never come back again".

1  Thank Wendell M

Reviewed 12 March 2014

This restaurant should not be in business anymore. You can not trust this place, specially one of the manager .

1  Thank agerola
Reviewed 1 March 2014

This restaurant is almost good, but lacks something in all the usual places; the menu is substantial and promises much, but so many dishes are a little bland and too small. Prices are high, which is OK for Stamford, but not when the servings are miserly. Decor is bland, clean, but a little boring. Service is as usual these days; young inexperienced folks chatting to each other and more concerned with the computer system than the customers - you know you're in trouble when the bar service changes the TV channel to their favorite station without asking the customers a the bar. Beer selection is varied and eclectic without being any good. Wine selection looked OK, but they serve brandy in a whiskey glass instead of a snifter. All small stuff, I know, but for these prices they really should get it all right! It was a cold night on my second visit. Came in cold, and left feeling rather cold.

Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

Visited during Stamford restaurant week. Had reservations, but ended up waiting 5 minutes to be seated at a more than half empty restaurant.
Decor is minimalist, but okay.
Service from start to finish was not very good. One waiter for the whole dining room, even as the restaurant filled up. Barely saw him, empty wine glass sat for 15 minutes.
The food was good. Well presented, flavorful, and decent portions.
Salad on menu did not match salad presented.
I guess I would give the restaurant one more try for the standard menu, since the food was good. We'll just hope for better service.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

The food, service, and ambience are all perfect. Best meal I have had in a long time. My wife is a connoisseur of eggs benedict and she reported these as the best! My salad nicoise was also the best, better than what I have had in Nice. The chocolate cake was not really perfect, but it very good. The bloody marys were a bit unique as they has cucumber juice in them-we liked them.