“Excellent Oriental Food”
Review of Chinese Mirch - CLOSED

Chinese Mirch
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 20 January 2013

They serve Indian food with a unique Chinese flavoring. Nice size portions and you know it is good when you hear patrons speaking Hindi

Reviewed 26 October 2012

now its the favorite place to all my colleagues and friends. love this place. its a fusion of Indian and Chinese. love the Gobi Manchurian ( the spicy one.) and Singaporean noodles.

Reviewed 9 September 2012 via mobile

This my very favorite Indo-Chinese restaurant. Their Mumbai Gobi is true to the taste of what you'd get in Mumbai. I tried many more appetizers and each was very well prepared.

I am vegetarian and they have ample choices from appetizers to main course. I especially like the vegetable Manchurian, paneer chilli, Hakka noodles, fried rice and ginger rice.

2  Thank lv_roadtrip_4evr
Reviewed 29 June 2012

and I mean it, we don't plan to go back. I was expecting a lot more flavour given they have both Indian and Chinese food to work with, unfortunately it seemed the opposite effective with the food coming across very bland. Maybe others will have better luck with different dishes, we had the crispy szechuan lamb and the spicy hoisin paneer eggplant.

Reviewed 22 June 2012

Fusion shmusion...It's an Indian restaurant that has kept a specific menu for Indian food lovers (not a shocker if you know Indians ;-) ) and there were at least three tables when i arrived that had Indian patrons eating Indian dishes- which is cool- I'm just making sure that I call it as it is.

So where's the Chinese? Well there are some 'Chinese' ingredients like Lo Mein noodles peppered throughout the menu- but there is no real attempt to marry the flavours of both cuisines here....it's more about more or less spicy chili dishes- which is nice- it's just not Indian-Chinese fusion.

Feel free to read my other reviews if you want to see where I'm coming from on this.

I was further disapointed by the pleasant waitress who seemed incapable of telling me what was their specialty- I had to first tell her if I wanted fish, vegetables, chicken or lamb first....WHO CARES? Just tell me what you are famous for.....Instead I hear that the first dish listed on the chicken menu is what many people order- Really? Shocker!

At which point you start to think the whole thing is a bit of joke. So I looked for the words that repeated alot- Chili, garlic- and placed my order.

Chili garlic noodles with chicken....presented in a nice stir fry wok...tasted zippy and the flavors were there...albeit a tad greasy for my taste. For 12 bucks hard to fault.

Bathrooms acceptable but not 'really' clean. The whole sombre atmosphere makes this place more of a dinner than a lunch place....unless you like to eat in the dark.

Would I go so far as to call this a 'must see?' Not really. It's a vaguely interesting attempt at fusion that falls short though the service was pleasant (but not helpful) and the food pretty underwhelming.

Would I go back? No.