“Excellent choice for Thai food!”

Ocha Thai Japanese Cuisine
Ranked #84 of 471 Restaurants in Stamford
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Japanese, Thai
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 19 August 2011

Pleasant inviting atmosphere.
Staff was courteous and accommodating.
Food and drinks were fresh, beautifully presented and tasteful.

Reviewed 27 August 2010

Since it opened, I’ve become an Ocha “regular”. I go there at least once a week for Sushi rolls with one of my friends. She loves the Sakuro roll, which is presented like a flower. And, I love the House Roll with all its deep fried goodness! Other favorites include the Crunchy Dragon and Godzilla rolls.

Service is quick and friendly. On occasion, the dish took too long, and they gave us something free to make up for it – I think edaname or a salad – without even a complaint from us. We had to ask why we were getting a freebie?

There is metered street parking available, and a parking lot out back. Every time I’ve gone, I’ve gotten a spot out back.

For Thai, they are average – you can get better in the area. However, there is one dish that is Delish! - The chicken in Black Bean Sauce. Order it and you will NOT be disappointed!

Delivery is free but has a minimum of $15. It is pretty quick. Once you get delivery, your information is stored in their computer making consecutive calls even faster.

Reviewed 24 April 2010

Very nice service, and better than usual asian restaurant atmosphere. Had better sushi and thai, so would keep looking for another.

Reviewed 3 March 2010

I've been eating here since they've opened.

Food is consistently good & reliable. Generous portions.

Staff is friendly & makes you feel welcome.

Decor is not as contemporary as Ocha's other competitors. Wine list is weak.

That being said, it gives you the biggest bang for your buck, especially if you bring coupons from the Clippers.

Reviewed 5 January 2010

I am always satisfied by the quality and selection of food, service and price at Ocha. Authentic Thai (so my boyfriend says- he has visited the country) and great sushi! Its my favorite casual eatery.