“Great food, great service”

Columbus Park Trattoria
Reserve with OpenTable
Columbus Park Trattoria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 466 Restaurants in Stamford
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: In the heart of downtown Stamford, Columbus Park is the destination for those who appreciate fine Italian cuisine. One of three family-owned restaurants in Fairfield County, Columbus Park was voted “Best Italian Restaurant in Stamford” and consistently receives high ratings from food critics. Known for its chicken Scarpariello, home made pastas, fine service and artwork, Columbus Park can accommodate private events with up to 65 people in its private dining room, overlooking the greenery of Columbus Park. An added benefit is the outdoor seating that allows “al fresco” dining. When in the mood for elegantly prepared Italian food with exceptional ingredients, visit Columbus Park. With an extensive wine list, warm service and beautiful décor, you’ll be assured of a wonderful dining experience.
Connecticut
“Great food, great service”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Went with my wife and daughter around 6:45 on a Tuesday. Small place, seated immediately. Delicious bread. Appetizer delicious too -- mushroom crepe with Bechamel. I had a veal with cheese and eggplant topping. Very rich but very good. Excellent sides -- roasted potatoes and string beans.

My wife has spaghetti with clams and loved it. Don't remember what my daughter had but she was happy as well.

The service was friendly and attentive. Bill around $110 without tip (only my wife had wine). The menu was similar but not identical to their online menu. I think their Winter menu is the one online today. The Summer menu has similar "base dishes" with more emphasis on adding seasonal vegetables.

Only downside is it's a small place so nose level a little high. But pluses outweigh by far. We will definitely return!

Newport, Rhode Island
“Charming”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

This restaurant is truly a gem. Great menu with excellent specials. Authentically Italian. Osso buco was delicious as was parchment steamed salmon. Top off your meal with a lemoncello.

Connecticut
“Premium service”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Took my mother-in-law (a Stamford native who had never eaten at this restaurant before) the Saturday before Mother's Day - the place was packed. The food was great. Great atmosphere in the relatively small dining area (there is also outdoor seating). But, the real lead story for us was the superior service we enjoyed from start to finish. We must have been blessed to meet at least five members of the staff and each seemed genuinely interested in the quality of our experience.
There is a reason it is ranked number one!

1 Thank tennistrip
Boston, Massachusetts
“real New York City Italian restaurant”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Couldn't ask for a better example of a really fine New York style restaurant with excellent food and service. Decor with typical Italian art work was gorgeous. Parking terrible in immediate vacinty, so go to nearby garage.

Visited April 2014
Middletown, New York
“Not bad if I am around I'd try something else and sit far away from the entrance”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We were seated in the room with the yellow paint. We were asked if we had a preference for water. We don't and I suggest you don't drink their tap water it tastes funny. We ordered Mozzarella Caprese for appetizer. That and the bread were very good. He ordered Lobster Ravioli and I ordered Penne a la Vodka with chicken. His was very good and I tried some. I should have ordered that instead of Penne a la vodka. Mine was ok it was more of a red sauce than pink sauce. They have an entrance to the restaurant through the hotel bar and a separate one. They should always keep that separate door blocked off when it's cold outside because that freezing breeze did not feel good from where I was sitting. For dessert I tried the Tiramisu and he tried cheesecake with coffee. He told me his tasted a little frozen. Mine was yummy and I wasn't too fond of his cheesecake dessert.

• Visited April 2014