“Not bad”
Review of SBC Restaurant Brewery - CLOSED

SBC Restaurant Brewery
Cuisines: American, Bar, Brew Pub, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Not bad”
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Always go to this simple Brewhouse after a movie and often get the flat bread style pizza. However, last time we notices that one of the India pale ales was flat and the server did not go out of her way to change it even after we subtlety hinted that it was not right !

Visited May 2013

Dallas, Texas
“Terrible service”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I've only tried this place once, but it was a terrible experience. I ordered a large appetizer for a meal, and after 30 minutes they came out with the wrong thing. I was about to walk out, but they promised to fix it. Another 20 minutes go by and I get what I ordered, which wasn't worth it. They didn't even discount the meal. Ridiculously poor service, so I haven't been back. Much better options on the street.

Visited November 2012
Connecticut
“Nice place”
Reviewed 31 March 2013 via mobile

The location is great because is cross front the movie theater. The food is good and their beers are tasty. I wish they are more faster serving the food.

NY
“Great service, unexpected and pleasent variety in menu for a brewery type resturaunt.”
Reviewed 2 March 2013 via mobile

Food was great, atmosphere was great, menu was varied. A bit of a wait on a Saturday night which of course is a good sign. If in the area, I would definitely go back again.

Upstate NY
“Sour beer, service more so”
Reviewed 28 January 2013

Walked in to a place about 1/3rd full, a few couples and small parties scattered at the tables by the windows, and 3 people sitting at one end of the bar. The "bartender" was focused solely on them, and after about 5 minutes, she finally detached herself from her friends. Instead of greeting me, she never even glanced at the rest of the bar, and disappeared into a back room/kitchen. Another 5+ minutes pass and she reemerges and goes straight back to her buddies and pulls out her cell phone. I was about to get up and leave when she finally notices me and lumbers, slack-jawed, in my direction. Being a brewing bar, I dared ask a beer question: "do you have anything nice and hoppy, a pale ale or something?" She says :"they all have hops, I think. This one is on special", and she points to an unlabeled tap. Never being one to fear a strange beer I asked for a pint of the one suggested. It was obviously soured, bordering on skunked, and almost as flat as a Guinness. Revolting would be a polite term. Not having many other options, I was about to ask for a menu, and something in a bottle, when I overheard the couple behind me say: "this tastes like it was fried last week, and microwaved". I paid my $8 tab (yes, I still tipped the pop tart), and went to Bobby Valentine's. Considering what is available in downtown Stamford these days, this place should be the flagship of the square, instead it's an embarrassment.

• Visited February 2012