“Can't beat the price for a Marriott”

Stamford Marriott Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Stamford
Orlando, Florida
“Can't beat the price for a Marriott”
Reviewed 10 May 2012

This was a great location for me being just a block or two from our office and close to many good restaurants. It is also within walking distance to the harbor.

The room was clean and nicely appointed - up to the standards you expect from a Marriott. I especially liked the free bottled water and the shower. Also a nice fitness center.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are ________ Corner suites are _______ Higher floors have less ________
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Tracy P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
  • Thai first
Attleboro, Massachusetts
Reviewed 7 May 2012

My daughter and I stayed at the Marriott in Stamford, CT recently when we were going to New York for a baby shower. You can't beat the location. The hotel is easy "on/off" from Rt. 95, and right across the street from a very large mall and superior outdoor restaurants, like The Capital Grill and P.F. Changs. And, of course, you are very close to the New York border. The hotel was consistent with Marriott standards. I disagree with TraciP that the extra fees are hidden. Marriott made it very clear when we made our reservation that parking was an additional fee and that WiFi and breakfast were not included in our rate. When I got onto the internet with my iPhone it looked like I could have used the lobby WiFi for free (it was unlocked); but, I didn't try to access it since I had my 4G network and I had no need to stay on the internet for any length of time.
We stayed on the second floor near the spa and the hallway smelled amazing as the scents from the spa wafted through the hall. Unfortunately, the room itself, although very clean, smelled a bit on the musty side. But, the room, as I said, was very clean and spacious; and, the beds were very, very comfortable. The folks at the reservation desk were very friendly and welcoming. We did not have a chance to enjoy the restaurants or the spa at the hotel. If you are parking in the garage, beware - the parking spaces are very narrow.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank HappyTraveller1166
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed 6 May 2012

What else can I say? This was our third stay at this hotel and we've always found it to be adequate for our needs, until now... I took my daughter and nephew to the pool for a swim, and what we found was utterly disgusting. The worst hotel pool I've ever seen. Giant clumps of hair floating in the pool and scattered on the concrete nearby. At least 10 clumps with very murky water. No pool employees were in sight, so I searched for a skimmer to see if I could clean it myself (my daughter and nephew really wanted to swim!) Unfortunately I couldn't find anything to clean the pool with so we left (completely skeeved out). The experience put a damper on the rest of our say.

Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank travel141
Tremont, Maine
Reviewed 5 May 2012

The price for this hotel was good, but they failed to mention a few hidden fees. For the price you pay for the room, parking should be included, but it's an extra $12.00 per day. WiFi wasn't free, either, but they had a "special" going. Continental Breakfast was also not included! It was $12-$20 per person! We were on the 12th floor, and it was mostly quiet, but the AC unit was very loud. If I came back, I'd probably find another place to stay...

Room Tip: The higher up you get, the quieter the room!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank TraciP
pgriffith, Director of Sales at Stamford Marriott Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 7 May 2012
Thank you for staying with us recently. You are correct in stating that there is a charge for wi-fi and continental breakfast. Full service Marriotts such as this property do charge for these services, while 'limited service' properties like Courtyards do not. Our extra services like an indoor/outdoor pool, meeting rooms, full health club and Spa, make these charges worthwhile for most guests. Rates are posted on our corporate website, onder Hotel Facts.
Currently we are featuring free wi-fi in all guestrooms from April through June, and of course it's always free in the lobby, bar and Sam's American Bistro restaurant.
Parking rates vary in most Marriotts, from a little (Stamford) to a lot (like NYC).

Thank you for your comments, and I hope we can welcome you back again someday soon.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 5 May 2012 via mobile

Here for a conference. Additional charge for wifi is unreasonable today. No hot tub but pleasant pool.
Very clean; friendly & accommodating staff; all spaces freshly renovated.
A good location for trips into the city.

• Stayed May 2012
Johnstown, New York
Reviewed 3 May 2012

I stayed here for two days for a conference. In the past I have been somewhat disappointed with Marriotts overall; but I was pleasantly surprised with this one. Free internet, the room was impeccable, the bed was comfortable, and the food was delicious (at the conference for both breakfast and lunch) and room service (for dinner). I didn't hear any noise from my room like a previous reviewer mentioned; and my bed was extremely comfortable. I travel a lot for work and hardly ever get a good night's sleep while on the road; but I did at this hotel. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Lewes, Delaware
Reviewed 3 May 2012

My daughter and I arrived at the hotel at 2:30 on 4/20 and were told our room was not yet ready and we would have to wait until three or three-thirty. Since check in time was 3:00 we were not concerned and found a place in the lobby to wait. Since my daughter was experiencing a stomach virus, she was somewhat uncomfortable. I checked again at 3:30 and was again told that our room was not yet ready, so we waited another hour. Friends of ours, Tom LoPresti and Janet Shaw Mariano were also waiting with us but they finally secured rooms and as we waited there we saw numerous others from our group arrive and secure rooms. At 4:30 I again approached the desk and was told the room was not ready yet. This time I spoke to a gentleman by the name of Gaston and he said he would try to find me another room. He finally gave us room 507 which was in an area where there were numerous young adults who were quite noisy when they arrived. Our room was fine when we finally got in to it and the chaperones and security saw to it that the other occupants on the floor respected the fact that they were not the only ones on that floor and our sleep on Saturday evening was not disturbed.
We have been to your hotel with this same group -- Joel Goldsmith/Ken Lazdowski/Infinite Way -- at least two other years previous and never had a problem and our stay was pleasant except for the unusually long wait in the lobby. One other comment on the water provided for our group outside of our meeting room. There was a brand name on the container which I can't r, ecall at the moment but the water was loaded with chlorine and we were not able to drink it.
I did mention this to someone at the desk and they said they were going to check on it but we left that day, Sunday and I don't know the outcome of that. Hopefully next year's visit will be better. Sincerely, Joyce Longordo, 30965 Sandy Ridge Drive, Lewes, De.

Room Tip: I don'tknow.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stamford
Hotel Zero Degrees
Hyatt Regency Greenwich
Hyatt Regency Greenwich
#1 of 1 in Old Greenwich
Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center

Been to Stamford Marriott Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!