“Favorite business hotel”

Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Stamford
Austin, Texas
“Favorite business hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

I wanted to share with you my continued impression of Ms. Rosa in the Concierge lounge during breakfast. I have been coming to the Stamford Marriott several times a year for the last 4 years and while I find all your staff friendly, including the front desk staff, I am most impressed with Ms Rosa. She is consistently friendly and professional. Always reaching out and available for assistance. The utmost professional.

Just wanted to give credit where credit is due.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
  • Thai first
Long Island, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

This hotel has all the amenities of a large hotel, but you are made to feel comfortable and "home-like".
The guest rooms are large and comfortable, as was the king-size bed.
We were on the third floor and had a quiet room.
We had a wonderful breakfast at the Sam's Café, where our waiter, Christian, was a joy.
He gave us excellent service and some delightful conversation, as well.
My wife is a swimmer and enjoyed the use of the indoor pool.
The location is convenient to some excellent restaurants and a large, indoor, shopping mall.
We are Marriott regulars and were treated to free newspapers, comp drinks at the bar and late checkout, which was very snappy and efficient!

Room Tip: You may want to ask for a handicapped room, so that you can have a larger bathroom with more safety...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FiOS-Dave
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

Our recent one-night stay was an excellent opportunity for the Marriott Stamford staff to shine! We travelled with our daughter's family, including a toddler and an infant, who had just been rear-ended on the Geo. Washington Bridge! Our connecting rooms were ready, the crib was set up, room service obliged with tasty morsels, and the level of cleanliness was excellent!! In our room, when we discovered the refrigerator was not working, the technician was prompt with a new replacement. We are appreciative of the staff and GM's efforts to comply with this grandmother's anxious requests. Since our son and family live in Stamford, we often make this hotel our home when we visit. THANK YOU! Just one negative: our Rewards Profile request for a feather-free room was NOT fulfilled - achoo!!!

Room Tip: Upper floors are quieter; stay away from elevators; h/c accessible rooms are out-standing but do not...
Green Features: I was too busy to notice during this visit but in the past, we appreciated the hotels compliance and efforts.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Alexander L
MarriottStamford, Trip Ambassador at Stamford Marriott Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel. We always aim to please, and I am happy the room service was prompt and ready with treats for you. As per your request for a feather- free room, it is a request, which means it is not guaranteed, however if you had told us about this once you realized it we would of happily switched you into a feather- free room, or at least provided you with other non- feather pillows. We look forward to seeing you again at The Stamford Marriott Hotel and Spa and thank you for you staying with us.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

I used to stay in this hotel many years ago on the way to family business a bit further up I-95. A Marriott is still a Marriott, but this place has updgraded over time. It is exceptionally clean, the rooms are fine, the beds are comfortable, the staff is very good. The parking is excellent if a bit expensive ($18 per night). They have added a SPA. There are all the usual amenities including a bar/restaurant staffed by some of the coolest bartenders and waitpersons around. The area of Stamford around the hotel has also livened up. I wouldn't call Stamford a destination place but there is enough to do and its location conveniently south of the Bridgeport/Fairfield/New Haven area and conveniently north of New York City is central. It is a bit expensive, considering you are not in New York City (About $250 a night). We were visiting someone in Fairfield but rooms in more modest hotels up there were booked. I'd stay at the Stamford Marriott again, but considering I can stay at a decent Best Western in Fairfield for $109 a night with a decent breakfast thrown in I'll stay at the cheaper place when visiting Fairfield County again.

Room Tip: Some higher floor rooms have a view of Stamford, the Long Island Sound and the blinking lights of I...
Green Features: This was an environmentally friendly hotel, though not as extremely so as some other hotels. Towels could be changed regularly
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank TommyBoy94
South Dartmouth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

I have stayed in a lot of hotels. The ones I like the most make me feel at home by the people I am surrounded with. This hotel makes me feel like family. Every person I have met has been generous and welcoming. It is a fantastic feeling to have the Management Team (including the GM) as well as the front desk attendants, valet drivers, bartenders, and even the maintenance staff know my name and spend time continuing to get to know me--a characteristic I haven't experienced at many hotels. It is that level of service and family-like experience that keeps me coming back every day and sharing my experience with my many colleagues and friends. Thank you Stamford Marriott!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Bradford C
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

My visits are business trips. What a disappointment this was. My company had sponsored a small group of clients for a stay in the US and we chose Connecticut as our base. Stamford Marriott being the choice.
From the front desk staff, to the restaurant and bar- Shame on you. A rude front desk attendant, who could not properly configure our reservations, restaurant and bar servers who did not speak English!!!!
Food arriving cold and tasteless. Service very slow. Unkept and sloppy surroundings throughout the hotel. What an embarrassment. I never like to have to write things like this, the management should take notice. Stamford is a lovely city and should have a better landmark hotel to accommodate guests. Shame on you.
Aziza Morfat

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank aziza f
MarriottStamford, General Manager at Stamford Marriott Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 5 January 2014
Mr. Morfat,

Please accept sincere apologies on behalf of myself and our entire staff for what you experienced during your recent visit to the Stamford Marriott Hotel & Spa. I do want to do some additional research so if you could provide me with some more specific information regarding the date of your stay it would be greatly appreciated. Also, if you could let me know the names or times you spoke to folks that let you down I will be sure to take corrective action to see that it does not happen again.

I take great pride in our product and service and want you to know that when I let valued guests such as yourself down, I invite them back as my guest so that I can show them what real Stamford Marriott Hotel & Spa hospitality is all about. This not only applies to individual guests, but groups as well.

All you have to do to take me up on my offer, is email me directly at rantonucci@stamfordmarriott.com or call me on my cellphone at (724) 513-4221. I look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience.

Ronald A. Antonucci
Ozone Park, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

I checked in Christmas evening for a one-night stay. The front desk clerk was very pleasant and efficient. The room was very nice and was very clean. I had a good breakfast the next morning at Sam's American Bistro; the restaurant staff were also very pleasant

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo