“Equally good for business or pleasure.”

Stamford Marriott Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Stamford
Reviewed 6 March 2014

The Marriott Stamford has a great location near the train and shopping/restaurants and route 95. It's a quick trip to the city. I've used this location for business mostly but many of my colleagues from overseas stay here and love that they can get to and from NYC easily on the weekends. The atmosphere is relaxed yet professional and all the staff I've ever dealt with are truly helpful. Diane Denise, the corporate sales manager, that I deal with the most because of our company's location close to this hotel, is so easy to deal with and very quick to respond: since everything I tend to do for our corporate travel tends to be last minute! I recommend this property almost daily! The spa is a great amenity that most of the Stamford hotels don't have.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,204)

Reviewed 28 February 2014

We arranged a group event for clients of ours at the Stamford Marriott, their Group Sales Manager Robert Fusco, was extremely helpful and accommodating when dealing with several changes. The group thoroughly enjoyed their stay. The Stamford Marriott was a great choice for our clients.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

As a local Stamford resident, I use the Marriott for personal and business; usually occurs last minute. The hotel is gracious and accommodating especially during a last minute need. My experience has always been positive, and surprised each time I am there. The staff goes above and beyond, especially their Catering Director, Lynne Coppola.

Thank you for always making me comfortable on a personal and business level.

Kudos to The Marriott Stamford Hotel and Spa!

Reviewed 25 February 2014

The Stamford Marriott was extremely helpful with the set up, food prep, appearance, and clean up for our professional fundraising gala. Anything needed was provided in a timely manner and with professionalism. We have now held our event there two years in a row because of their great service.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

this is one of my favorite hotels to stay in. My 1st experience was for a wedding a few months ago. The staff was amazing, and everyone i encountered left a lasting impression, so i returned. My girlfriend and I stayed the Saturday 2/8/14. Immediately we were greeted by the over friendly doorman and Valet. Natalie at the front desk was over the top, i had asked for a room like the 1st time i stayed on the 16th floor. I knew it wouldnt be likely to get the upgraded room, but we got a deluxe king on the 15th floor, with the best shower (which is mainly what i requested). Kev from housekeeping also exceeded my expectations, and i would like to personally thank you for the bottle of wine :). We had a nice day at the mall, ate right around the corner, and took a cab to one of my favorite restaurants Val Bella. This hotel is perfect location and a nice escape from NYC which is where i live. I will be returning again, and again and again. I work for a hotel in NYC and when i stay at other hotels, i always compare our service to theirs, and let me tell you, i would be proud to work here!!! keep up the fantastic service, and friendliness, as we didn't want to leave

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank YodelB
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We had a 3 day business meeting at the Stamford Marriott and everything went really well - all of the staff that I worked with in planning/executing the event from catering to AV, etc. were very professional and were willing to offer creative ideas to help us work within our budget and make our event top notch. The rooms were really nice and the food throughout our meeting was fantastic. We did not have to worry about anything going wrong during the meeting, as we had a full staff of people at the Marriott to help us quickly if something came up. We also had an evening event at the Northern Lights Lounge and served upscale appetizers which was a hit - the hotel was able to set a part of the lounge apart just for our group. They helped us pick the menu for this event and made the lounge look great with candles on the tables, etc. We will definitely have future meetings here!

Room Tip: choose a room away from the elevator as it can be a bit noisy otherwise
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

We were passing through and chose Marriott because we can almost always depend on them being nice. We were greeted by the manager and quickly checked in. The lobby was attractive. Parking was secure and cost $18.00. A little high.
The room smelled musty, but after showering I can understand why. There was no ventilation. Even with the bathroom door open, everything fogged up.
The beds were very comfortable. Except for some traffic noise, it was quiet.
The fitness center had many machines and weight stations to choose from. Unfortunately, there were no towels in the gym or the pool area.
It was a short walk to many restaurants and a mall.
We did not eat at the hotel so I'm not sure how the restaurant there was.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
MarriottStamford, Manager at Stamford Marriott Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Thank you for choosing us while in Stamford, and for your very constructive review of our hotel. Your comments have been shared with our Housekeeping and Engineering teams so that we can learn from the issues you encountered and perform better in the future. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconveniences we may have caused you, and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stamford
Sheraton Stamford Hotel
Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center
Hyatt Regency Greenwich
Hyatt Regency Greenwich
#1 of 1 in Old Greenwich

Been to Stamford Marriott Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!