“Great access to NYC”

Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Stamford
Gig Harbor, Washington
“Great access to NYC”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Stamford is about 50 minutes from NYC and this hotel is an easy and safe 10 minute walk to the Metro and Amtrak station. Rooms are spacious with close amenities. The mall code by has everything you would need.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Litiskat

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
  • Thai first
Randolph, NJ
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

I had an early morning call, so with no time for breakfast I decided to make use of the small coffee maker provided. First, in a double room there was only coffee for one cup. The other was decaf. Then, to my amazement I found the kind of creamer/sugar package with a powdered creamer! I'd expect that at Motel6. But a Marriott? In Connecticut?
The room was nice, bathroom modern and well designed, beds very comfortable, service superb. I really liked the pool. It was hard to find and under construction, but I liked the indoor which flew into the outdoor. Very nice. Gym was small but functional. Restaurant breakfast buffet not impressive.
What makes me give this Marriott only 3 stars is poor soundproofing. I95 traffic was rather bothersome at 4am. AC from the room next door was loud. Hotel's primary function for me is sleep quality. And this one didn't pass the marks

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Anna_Sarah
MarriottStamford, Manager at Stamford Marriott Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you for your constructive feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am very sorry you were unable to rest due to some noise issues and have shared your concerns with our Maintenance team so that they can ensure noise issues that you described are prioritized as they perform preventive maintenance on our guestrooms. I can also understand your disappointment with the powdered creamers we currently provide in our guestrooms, and will look into upgrading this service for the future. In the meantime, we do have regular creamers available upon request. If we have an opportunity to host you again in the future, please feel free to contact our Manager on Duty directly and we'd be happy to update your local profile to ensure you receive additional coffee and creamers in your room upon your arrival.
Marblehead, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stay at this hotel frequently. The staff is lovely and responsive. The location is perfect in Stamford because the train station (express trains to NYC) is less than a mile away, guests can walk to numerous restaurants and shopping (a large mall) and it's directly off a major highway (I-95). We also prefer to self-park a car in a secure garage and this hotel offers that (whereas the Courtyard Marriott nearby - which is a little bit newer - requires you to valet a car and that can cause a wait or delay in getting out the door). I can recommend this hotel as a great option for both business travelers as well as others who want consistency and great service.

Room Tip: If you can get a room on the Concierge level, they have a lovely lounge with a great staff (weekdays...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Elko11
Michigan
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This hotel is truly geared to the business professional. After trying several others, this has become our fallback: easy parking, caring staff, decent food and amenities. I get a package deal that comes with parking and breakfast/concierge level access. Nice.

1 Thank jjjpsc
Fresh Meadows, New York
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Hey all,
I just got back from a weekend getaway at the Stamford Marriot and I must say it was outstanding. The service was extraordinary, the rooms were spacious and clean, the staff was friendly, and the hotel was beautiful. The price was great, especially for everything we got! The pool area was a nice touch, especially because we caught some hot weather finally!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ryan F
Melbourne
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Had three days here for a conference and really enjoyed it. The staff are all excellent, friendly and made my stay super-comfortable. The room was big but cosy and the facilities were great. It's really well located, just across the street from the mall (and loads of good shopping/restaurants) and only a short walk into the main town (less than five minutes).

Really enjoyed my short trip and these guys made it great.

Sydney Australia
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Stopped here for one night while driving from Maine to Virginia. Easy on/off I95. Front desk staff was friendly. Room was ok. Not great. Clean enough, but not spotless. Beds were comfortable and room was quiet. Didnt use any of the hotels spa facilities,as I was only there for about 9 hours. Slept, showered, ate breakfast and got back on the road. Breakfast at the hotel was good - much better than food you get at Residence Inn. I would stay there again, but only if rates were low/discounted. Cant say I'd recommend anyone go out of their way to stay here.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
MarriottStamford, Manager at Stamford Marriott Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Thank you for your candid and constructive feedback regarding our hotel. If your travels do bring you back to the Stamford area in the future, be sure to check marriott.com for the best rates or packaged offerings that we have available at that time. We hope to see you again soon.