“A solid Marriott”

Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Stamford
Rogers, AR
“A solid Marriott”
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

I like Marriott for its consistency. Room was excellent: clean, quiet. Fitness room was nice, a bit small for a hotel of this size but no one was working out when I did. Pool is indoor/outdoor. Room service was good but I didn't eat in the hotel otherwise.

Stayed July 2014
MarriottStamford, Manager at Stamford Marriott Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Thank you for staying with us. We hope to see you again soon at The Stamford Marriott Hotel and Spa!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
  • Thai first
Shelton
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

First time staying at this great hotel. It was the host site for the 2014 Tang Soo Do National Championships. Be sure to find and talk to Joe Devita. Anything we needed he was able to help. He truly went above and beyond with his hospitality and also had great restaurant suggestions. Hotel is clean and is within walking distance to lots of great restaurants, entertainment and local attractions.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thank you so much for staying with us. I will personally commend Joe on a job well done! We hope to see you again soon at The Stamford Marriott Hotel and Spa.
providence
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Often on my travels from Rhode Island to NYC, I find it convenient and less expensive to stay in Connecticut. My favoriet spot is the Marriott resort and Spa, The hotel itself is a great proerty and is convenient to restaurants and shopping. The rooms are first class.

The big stand out is the level of service. Check was immediate and friendly. The front desk gave ideas about dinner. The next morning I worked out in their there very up to date gym. Ample equipment and in very good condition. The breakfast buffet is a treat, and again the restaurant staff is friendly and accomodating. Sometimes buffet means "on your own". Not here. I have been and will continue to be a regular.

Room Tip: No bad rooms I'm aware of, but enjoy the highway view.
Green Features: They do give you the option of not changing sheets and towels every night.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
MarriottStamford, Manager at Stamford Marriott Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Thank you for choosing as a favorite hotel destination. It is always refreshing to hear that. I am very pleased you have enjoyed your stay with us this time, and also in the past. Thank you for your patronage, and being one of our regulars. If there is anything we can ever do for you to make your stay even more memorable please do not hesitate to call. Safe travels.
tennessee
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We were traveling to Block Island RI so we wanted to find a place to stop just out of the craziness of New York City. We found the Marriott on Hotels.com. It was a great price and a very nice room. I wasn't too happy about the $18.00 they charged me to park but aside from that it was clean, the beds were great and the staff was very helpful. I listened to the concierge help several people from England and New Zealand. The were asking about safe places to go, Where not to go and how to get there.He was a true asset to the hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
MarriottStamford, Manager at Stamford Marriott Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Thank you so much for your positive feedback about our hotel. I do hope you come to see us again in the future. Stamford, CT is lovely in the summertime. I am also happy to hear of your kind words about the concierge. It is so important to know where to go, and where not to go especially when you are unfamiliar with the area. I agree he is a true asset to the hotel. I will let him know of your compliment. Thank you for your patronage.
Brambleton VA
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for my cousins wedding, and it was amazing.

Service was great. They we all very friendly and made is feel at home.

Our first night, we relaxed at the pool before the wedding. The pool was very nice and warm. Then we went to have lunch. They didn't have many options for kids on the menu, which was a bummer.

In the morning, we went to the brunch at the cafe. The food wasn't very good. It either tasted weird or was burnt. The only good things were the French toast and oatmeal.

Overall it was a great vacation.

Stayed July 2014
MarriottStamford, Manager at Stamford Marriott Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
It is nice to hear you had a good time at the wedding and relaxing by the pool. Thank you for complimenting our staff. I am sorry we fell a little short in the breakfast department, though I am happy you did enjoy the french toast and oatmeal. Should you need anything in the future please do not hesitate to call. Safe travels and thank you for your patronage.
Clinton, New Jersey
Reviewed 21 July 2014

From check in with Stefanie to William painting the trim on our floor upon arrival, each and EVERY person we encountered at this location was friendly and helpful, to excess. Gaston helped me check out, and was also a pleasure.

I had lost my atm card, Stefanie went way above and beyond to try and help me find a local bank branch, search for and print directions, many other places would have said, "sorry I dont know where to find a branch".. which is what I have come to expect.

William greeted me as I came off of the elevator with a big smile and asked if I needed help finding my room and/or help with my bags. Again, something I would not have expected.

The helpful tips for the area, etc. from Gaston upon my departure were appreciated, friendly and again, above and beyond.

I wish I could recall the operator name at guest services who accommodated three requests when we called 55.

Last but not least, there was not ONE person of at least a dozen more that said hello, asked if we needed anything, or was pleasant in general.

Room was clean, lobby nice (some guests were laying with their feet on the table which was rather nasty - but not the hotels fault) Would visit again,also appreciate the double head shower!! amazing!!!! Thank you!!

Room Tip: High floor
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
MarriottStamford, Manager at Stamford Marriott Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us recently. I am so pleased you had an amazing experience with us from start to finish. I see that you traveled to our hotel for business, it would be wonderful to see you back for a pleasure get away. Stamford, CT had such wonderful shopping, attractions, and several outdoor concerts in the park. I am not sure you used our complimentary shuttle service that will take you wherever you would like to go within a three mile radius. It is a wonderful service the hotel offers to you. We hope to see you soon at the hotel. If you should need anything to make your next stay even more memorable or to book please feel free to reach out to our wonderful front desk hosts whom you have come in contact with, they will be happy to assist you. Take care and safe travels.
Bridgeport, Connecticut
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel was alright the view was okay, i usually like to go to hotels because of there pools but this Marriott pool wasn't that great the walls were stained, and the pool was shallow and no one was allowed to jump in cause then whats the fun part but the restaurant was great, and the beds were alright

Stayed August 2013
MarriottStamford, Manager at Stamford Marriott Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Thank you for providing us feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I'm sorry that you had to experience our pool deck in its current condition. We are almost finished giving the deck a good facelift, and it should be completed this Friday, July 25th. I am otherwise pleased that you enjoyed our restaurant and hope you have an opportunity to visit us again soon!