Sheraton Stamford Hotel
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Stamford
Reviewed 13 June 2012

Great hotel. it has a free shuttle that will drive you in any direction 3 miles or less. Great food in the hotel restaurant. Great cafe.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 25 June 2012

We are pleased to hear that your recent stay was enjoyable. Our complimentary shuttle service definitely comes in handy, and we're glad that you were able to take pleasure in our food and beverage outlets. Thanks so much for your review and we hope to have you with us again soon.

Reviewed 25 May 2012

We got married at this hotel 3 years ago when it was a Holiday Inn (It was very nice) Now with the Sheraton it is even better. First off the beds were GREAT!!! Better than our own mattress :)
It is Pet Friendly and we bought our dog with us. The staff was very friendly room service was great and the breakfast buffet is out of this world. We will come back every year to celebrate our anniversary

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Brian A, Manager at Sheraton Stamford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2012

We are thrilled that you continue to enjoy our property year after year; thank you for the review. We are happy to hear that you found our new Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bedding extremely comfortable, our staff friendly, our breakfast buffet delicious, and that you were genuinely welcomed along with your pet. We look forward to having you with us again. Thank you again for the review, and happy anniversary!

Reviewed 16 May 2012

Very clean hotel with friendly staff; great beds and large flat screen tv's. I ordered room service and the food was great! My only problem/complaint is this hotel charges for Internet usage $10 per day. I could maybe understand a one time only charge. This is ridiculous as I brought my iPad for my trip and wanted to use it for business purposes in my room. I was certainly not going to pay 10 per day/ 4 days. $40 extra dollars just for internet? Oh and get this they charge 10 or 12 dollars per day for parking. So now 40 just for parking and 40 for Internet on top of the room price. If you go down the street a bit I'm sure there are plenty of hotels without the "hidden fees"

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Brian A, Manager at Sheraton Stamford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2012

We appreciate taking the time to send us your review. It's great to hear that you found the hotel overall an enjoyable experience including our guest rooms, meals, and customer service. You are correct about the charges for internet and parking, and in a city such as Stamford you will find these amenities at a charge at similar quality hotels. We do advertise all of these costs quite visibly, and apologize that you found them to be "hidden fees".

That being said, we do offer complimentary internet throughout our public spaces and even complimentary access to our new computers and printers. In addition, we are now part of the"Make a Green Choice" with Starwood which will award you with a $5 voucher at at check-out for each night you decline housekeeping (except day of departure). This can be applied to select outlets and can be used toward parking as well. We hope that these offerings, paired with our property and customer service, will have you join us for another stay in the future. Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 15 May 2012

This is a nice hotel, with a spacious lobby, bright, clean rooms, and a good location for Stamford. I had apps and breakfast at the SPG Lounge, which was nice and convenient. The room was not exceptional, but quite good.

What I was most impressed by, though, was the customer service at this hotel. Front desk staff was very warm, welcoming, and helpful. I had to make a last minute change to my reservation due to a family situation, and the staff went out of their way to make an exception for me so I could make the change. Really appreciated this gesture!

Whoever is hiring and training the staff here, keep it up.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear that you had a great experience and our customer service was able to accommodate you. The experience that our team provides is our priority and it is always wonderful to hear feedback. Thank you again for your review, and we hope to have you with us again.

Reviewed 15 May 2012

They've done a nice job renovating the hotel, with the exception of the rooms.

The lobby is nicely decorated. The staff is friendly and responsive. The place is clean.

They made BAD decisions with the rooms though. The pillows are WAY over sized. The beds are high and WAY too soft. This isn't comfortable plush, there's no support at all. This is too-soft foam mattress. I couldn't get comfortable. I felt like I was suffocating. Ultimately, I gave up and slept on the floor, using a pile of towels for a pillow.
Also, there's no light in the rooms from the small windows - It's an old building. The duvets may not be washed very often.

I'd only stay here if you really want to earn starpoints.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

We appreciate your time in sending us your review. It is always a great opportunity to learn and grow in such cases. We are very glad you found all of our staff friendly and responsive, and that the public areas were to your liking.

In regards to your comments about the guest rooms: all of our rooms feature brand new Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bedding which is similar to what you will find across the board in nearly all Sheraton properties. It is a plush-top spring mattress, and paired with all new linens and pillows it is normally a feature of rave reviews at our property. We do apologize that it wasn't to your liking. Also in reference to our duvet covers they are washed clean for every guest and changed upon check-out. Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 14 May 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a family reunion last year. The reunion was not at the hotel, but out of town family stayed here. They were dog friendly, had lovely areas to walk the dogs. The hotel was clean and the breakfast buffet was fabulous and I am fussy. It was $15, but it was delicious and hotels tend to be a bit overpriced. The rooms were very nice sized and comfortable. The hotel staff, every one could not be more helpful. They were doing construction here and there to change it into a sheraton. We stayed for several days and one day they told us they would have to move us to another room because we'd hear noise if we stayed. We were unhappy as we had so much stuff to move. They gave us 2 free meals at their really delicious restaurant- including anything we wanted to eat or drink! The food was fabulous. Our family who were staying in the hotel had supper in the restaurant the night of the reunion. I wanted to go elsewhere as hotels usually don't have good food. But everyone loved their foo. II can not say enough good things. We did not have a laptop with us, but as i remember there were computers to use somewhere in the hotel, I think for free. They were changing bedding, which I could not understand because our beds were perfect, Mom has back issues and I have had insomnia my whole life but we both slept wonderfully. The dresser had a drawer that stuck and I told them. Seems they still have that dresser as someone wrote that on a recent review. Read they charge a lot for internet now. Too bad. most places you go it's free. They should change that. They were very sweet with my small dogs. I had a pet sitter come in to walk them on the day of the reunion and they were very kind to her as well. The rate for our reunion was very good.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for your review of your stay with us last year. We are happy to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay during our conversion to Sheraton and found our restaurant surprisingly exceptional. You are correct that there is a nightly charge for in-room internet access, however it is always complimentary throughout the lobby and computers at our Link@Sheraton experienced with Microsoft. Our thanks again for your review, and should your reunion take place in Stamford again we hope to have you all with us to experience the new Sheraton Stamford.

Reviewed 7 May 2012

Spent 2 nights here getting 2 rooms for family stay. Great location in Stamford. Hop skip and jump to the malls. Got a great deal on Priceline compared to retail asking price from the Sheraton web site. Check in was pleasant and a breeze. Great Staff. Rooms are almost new. Very clean and comfortable. Great Beds but they were very high. My wife had to pole vault to get on it. lol. Tiny room and bathroom. Must pay for all extras such as in room internet, breakfast and parking. Good breakfast spread. Continental buffet was about 9.99 and full on "hot breakfast" buffet was more.My only compaint was the very loud air con unit. As it was April and cool temperature outside we shut it down after 2 hours in order to get some sleep and the room remained pretty cool. I would stay here again without hesitation but NOT during summertime as The loud aircon/fan is a deal breaker. To bad as this hotel is very nice.

Room Tip: Quality hotel but the loud fan/aircon unit ruined my good night sleep. Terrible oversight on manage...