All reviewsclub floorlobby barcomfortable bedbreakfast buffetsales managertrain stationfront desk staffrooms are cleanfree shuttlecomfortable stayhome away from homevery nice hotelparking garageinto nycstamford town centershuttle serviceper day
Reviewed 15 November 2012

As I entered, I was pleasantly surprised by a very spacious lobby and very pleasant attendants; as I went into my room, I realized the the furnishings are just a step above a college dorm, but everything was clean and functional. However, I did not realize that the furnace in the room would be a noisy room-mate, as I am a sound sleeper, but it was. A pity. Traveler beware: turn it off.

The following morning I was tired and grumpy, despite the comfortable bed, but the swimming pool and the fitness room calmed me down and allowed me to give this hotel a three star rating. I decided to hurry up with the review before I change my mind.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Brian A, Manager at Sheraton Stamford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2012

Thank you for your recent review. We appreciate your feedback and use this to continually improve our offerings. We are happy to hear that you had an overall enjoyable stay, however we are not satisfied until we are able to exceed your expectations. We apologize that you did not find the guestroom accommodating. You can see from many of our other reviews that this is not the norm and the majority of guests are pleasantly surprised by our in-room amenities. From our marble bathrooms, brand new Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds and bedding, LG HDTVs, and ample work space, we feel our guestrooms are highly appointed and renovated as of 2011.

We do sincerely apologize about the heating unit in your room. Although we hope it is never needed, our engineering team is always ready and able to take care of any deficiencies in your guestroom. I'm not sure if you had reached out to them in regards to the noise from your heating unit, however if that is ever the case please don't hesitate to contact us and we will rectify the issue right away. We do appreicate your review and your feedback, and we hope you are able to join us again in the future so we are able to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 6 November 2012

We stayed here one night for a chess tournament my son played in. The hotel was packed due to the storm prior to our stay and there were a lot of dogs as well but even with them things were quiet. Even though it was packed the hotel was very well run. The rooms were very clean and the beds comfortable loved the pillows wanted to take one home. The manager Linda was very good when I had a minor crisis with my son and did everything she could to make the stay a good one. The food was excellent too. The fire alarm went off close to midnight but everything went smoothly with the hotel evacuation and the staff seemed to be on top of things......there was no fire! I would definitely stay here again if the need arises.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family

We are thankful for your review and glad to hear you and your son both had an enjoyable stay. From the guest rooms, to dining, and even the chess tournament itself, it is great to know you were impressed with our property and everything went so well. Our apologies for the inconvenience of the fire alarm: we did have a guest who pulled the emergency station, however we always do whatever possible to make these experiences as brief as possible. Thank you again for your review, and we hope to see you for the next tournament.

Reviewed 6 November 2012

Made reservations night before the storm hit as my daughter was having twins and I wanted to stay near greenwich, Ct. Service was great and the rooms were very comfortable with great beds. A very nice place to stay.

Room Tip: 10th floor was noisy during the hurricane because it was the top floor.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for your review of your recent stay. We are glad you were able to weather the storm at our property and you remained safe during your stay. In such a difficult time for the Northeast we made sure to have the appropriate amount of coverage and provide a comfortable environment for anyone who was visiting down to those displaced from their homes. We are happy to hear that everything went well, and we hope to have you with us again.

Reviewed 4 November 2012

I stay here every visit to Stamford. Great location, friendly and helpful staff and wonderfull breakfast buffet. Room service fast and good. Rooms are very comfortable and clean. If you stay at a few of the other hotels close by you will find that they need upgrades, stay at Sheraton and you will be pleased.

Room Tip: Get the King bed, very comfortable
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank CollegeStudentParent

Thank you for your recent review and recommendation. We are thrilled to hear you were impressed by our team, our property, and our amenities. We certainly appreciate your endorsement for your hotel of choice while in Stamford, and we hope to have the opportunity to have you with us again.

Reviewed 21 October 2012

Stayed at the Sheraton Stamford for an overnight on our way into NYC. The Hotel was easy to get to (I love being able to see the red S from the highway), check in and parking were pleasant and efficient. Great beds and the room was fine. We were traveling with our dog , the staff couldn't have been nicer and they didn't have an extra fee for the dog. I always look forward to the Sheraton breakfast and this one was great-fresh fruit, juice and tasty coffee. Thanks for a safe and quiet night.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Brian A, Manager at Sheraton Stamford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2012

Thank you for your review and recommendation of our property. We are always delighted to hear of such wonderful experiences and you touched upon many of our key features. It is our goal to make your stay as exceptional as possible, and of course that also includes pets as part of the family. We are happy to hear you were able to enjoy our full buffet breakfast during your stay and that it lived up to your expectations of a delicious Sheraton breakfast. Thank you again for your review, and we hope to have you with us again sometime soon.