I am a big fan of Starwood, with multiple years of platinum I've experienced a lot of properties, Stamford Sheraton was one of the worst.
1. Elevator lobby from the parking garage to the hotel was deplorable. Unclean, sticky floors, garbage littered.
2. Checkin person refused to give me access to the lounge despite 40+ nights in 2013 and multiple years platinum.
3. Room was extremely small, smallest I've seen since Hong Kong.
The manager assured me my next experience will be perfect. I'm willing to give them another chance and hope to have the opportunity to add a more positive review.
Of note, despite the downtown location, the hotel is a distance from the nightlife on Summer St. Other hotels are closer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Stamford Hotel is located near many corporate offices and the Town Center Mall. We are 20 minutes from the Westchester County Airport and less than a mile from the Metro North line to NYC. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Sheraton Stamford Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Stamford
- Stamford Holiday Inn