“A good stay”

Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Stamford
Milton, New Hampshire
“A good stay”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Had an overnight stay at Sheraton Stamford for a business trip the evening of 2/20/14. Check-in was very smooth. Had a room on the Club Level, so the happy hour was nice to arrive to and unwind after a long drive.

Because of more work that needed to be done that night, we dined in the hotel restaurant rather than go out. It was pretty much abandoned, but it was a Thursday night. Meal was very nice, and the matrie d was very attentive.

The guest room was welcoming and comfortable. Perhaps Wi-Fi connection could be beefed up, as I was collaborating with someone online prior to the next day's meeting and it was a bit slow.

Wonderful bathroom with a magnifying mirror, which is great for a woman who has to rock the "granny glasses" these days. And loved seeing a small puff available in the shower! The shower was wonderful, but the pressure from the shower head could not be adjusted. After washing my face, kinda splashed water on it to rinse, as the pressure was pretty intense.

Breakfast in the morning in the Club Lounge was perfectly suited to loading up for the coming meeting. Check-out smooth. I must call out our shuttle driver who took us to Starwood HQ around 8:00 that morning. He was quite cool. Didn't get his name, but I'm hoping someone has a record of who he was, so he can get proper kudos.

Ultimately, would recommend.

Room Tip: If you're able to expense a Club Level room while traveling on business, I'd recommend it. T...
1 Thank mvngye
Elaine C, Manager at Sheraton Stamford Hotel, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Thank you for your kind review and recommendation! Our team works very hard to try to exceed our guests’ expectations, and it would seem we achieved that for you on this visit! We are very pleased that the team was attentive, efficient and pleasant! Our Engineering team is already investigating the shower pressure, thank you for bringing it to our attention! We have passed along the “kudos” for our shuttle driver on your Friday morning commute. He was quite pleased for the attention! Thank you again, and we look very forward to seeing you on your next visit!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I was pleasantly surprised with many aspect of this hotel. First, the lobby area is fresh and the staff are very helpful. Second, the room I stayed in was spacious for a city hotel, comfortable, clean and the bathroom was nicely designed. The free water was also appreciated. My only suggestions for the hotel would be to make the restaurant and bar area a little more intimate and warm - while airy, they don't have a lot of atmosphere. also, the hallways between rooms could do with a refresh. I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Elaine C, Manager at Sheraton Stamford Hotel, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Thank you for your review. We appreciate all the feedback we receive. The property is scheduled for the “refresh” you refer to, and will begin the process later this year. We are very pleased that you found the team welcoming and helpful, and that the rooms were comfortable for you. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future!
Lausanne, Switzerland
Reviewed 7 February 2014

The only reason this review is not 'poor' is because the hotel is well maintained amd the room was up to par. The overly scented airfreshner in the lobby and often loud background music does cheapen the vibe when one enters and leaves.

This review is just a gentle feedback to the team at this hotel that their approach fell flat with me.

SPG Gold, 300 USD per night and I found myself on the second floor, by the elevator and with two beds rather than one king- there was nothing they could do. I even pointed this out 10mins after check-in and informed the team I was deeply unimpressed and as such would be shortening my stay & checking out the next morning. Still nothing. I got a friendly smile and asked if I needed a wake up call.

I took my business to the Hilton for the next two nights where they seemed far more interested in my patronage- I am now am HHonors member and will make sure I become status level.

Taking loyal customers for granted and being dismissive only turns them into more loyal nay sayers on your product. Bravo to SPG for turning me into one of those. Such a comeptitive industry...tsk tsk.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your review. We appreciate all the feedback we receive. We deeply apologize that you did not find our team responsive. This is highly uncommon. It is very disturbing to arrive at the property and not be recognized as a member of the company’s preferred program. This has been brought to the attention of our Front Office team for additional training, and follow up. This is not your first review regarding our property, and we are disappointed that we do not seem able to meet your expectations. Starwood is a wonderful company with a variety of brands around the globe. While our particular property does not seem to meet your tastes, we certainly hope and encourage you to stay among the full complement of brands offered. We are certain there is one that will fully satisfy your needs.
Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

I have been staying in this hotel ever since they become Sheraton. I was one of the first guests here. Never have problem! Rooms are always 100% clean, no street noise. Everything always perfect!!!!

My friend Saul from restaurant bistro downstairs is really nice and he always make sure that I'm taking care of. Also girl Jamie who works at front desk is really nice she always helped me with everything I needed.

Wanna say big "THANK YOU" to Sheraton !!!!!! I will always come back here

Stayed January 2014
Elaine C, Manager at Sheraton Stamford Hotel, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Thank you very much for your wonderful review, and recommendation! We are so pleased that your stays have been comfortable, and the team welcoming. We have shared your comments with our team. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I stayed for one evening en route to Massachusetts. Check in was quick and easy,and the receptionist went through the trouble of double checking to make sure my request for hypoallergenic bedding had been filled. The unfortunate part of which came to be when I found that my "hypoallergenic" bedding was a rough blanket that felt like sandpaper.
The room was very large and had a huge bed. The bathroom was clean and modern, though is lacking a bathtub. A little disappointing for someone who has spent all day in a car and would have loved a bath. The room was very quiet, though the hotel didn't seem to be too full.
Self parking in attached garage was $10 per night with free in and out for guests, which was great as I ventured over to the mall to find some dinner.
All in all a decent stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review! We appreciate all the feedback we receive from our guests. We are reviewing the “hypoallergenic” bedding you refer to and have asked our Housekeeping team to provide better alternatives to our current option. Thank you for bringing this to our attention! We are pleased that the remainder of your stay was comfortable, and hope you will stay with us again in the future.
Freehold, New Jersey
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Arrived at hotel after a lacrosse showcase only to find that there was NO parking available in their parking garage. Upon check in , room with 2 double beds that I had reserved was NOT available. Staff at the front desk not very friendly. Worst experience at hotel

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Lynn P
Elaine C, Manager at Sheraton Stamford Hotel, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Thank you for your review. We appreciate all the feedback we receive. We deeply apologize for the difficulties you encountered upon your arrival. There was an event at the hotel that over grew it’s original intended capacity. Our team has met to discuss the issues from that evening and how to better pre-plan for such an occurrence. It is unusual for our team to be less than courteous and friendly to all our guests. This has been brought to the attention of our Front Office team for their review and discussion. Thank you again, and we do hope that should your travels bring you to our area again you will stay with us to see us at our best.
New York, NY
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I was here for 2 nights as part of my wedding weekend. I was in a suite and it was quite roomy. There was a separate living room area with a couch, side table and chairs, tv, 1/2 bathroom, microwave, refrigerator/freezer and coffee maker. I had 10 people in the living room the morning of my wedding to give you a better idea. There was a full bathroom between the living room and bedroom - it wasn't the biggest bathroom but it worked. The bedroom had another tv, desk and chair. Each room had its own temperature control and closet which was nice. The bed was comfortable and I didn't hear any outside noise.

We ordered room service for lunch and it came in about 30-45 minutes. The food was good, and the breakfast buffet we had that morning was phenomenal too. Lots of choices and great service. We had a breakfast buffet for our wedding guests the last morning courtesy of my in-laws. The food was good, but we were set up in the Atrium which is an open area down the stairs next to another group's event. Unfortunately, there were a few uninvited guests who took food. One couple tried twice and I spotted another couple high tailing it out of there with pastries in hand. That was really unfortunate. Our area should have been roped off to prevent that. And people - buy your own breakfast. How cheap can you be that you have to steal from a private party?

Other than that, we're glad we had our block at the Sheraton. The lobby and space is really open and inviting, where our guests were able to have an after party and hang out. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Sheraton to anyone else planning an event.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Elaine C, Manager at Sheraton Stamford Hotel, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review, recommendation, and congratulations on your nuptials! We are very pleased that we were able to be part of your special day. You touched on many of the features for our rooms and property. The atrium is a lovely area for special events, like a “morning after” brunch, reception, or even the wedding ceremony itself. We deeply apologize that you encountered any issues on your special day! We have brought your observations regarding outside guests involved in your event, to the attention of our Banquet and Catering team. We generally station someone at such an event to make it clear to our other guests that it is a private event. Our team is also investigating other alternatives to prevent your experience from occurring again. Again our deepest apologies, and our best wishes for many future years of happiness together!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stamford
Stamford Marriott Hotel & Spa
Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center
Hyatt Regency Greenwich
Hyatt Regency Greenwich
#1 of 1 in Old Greenwich

Been to Sheraton Stamford Hotel? Share your experiences!