“Great Venue, Great Service!”

Sheraton Stamford Hotel
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Stamford
“Great Venue, Great Service!”
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

My Foundation held a movie screening with a reception. The staff was super professional & helpful. The food was great! Chris Frazza, my catering manager, is the best! Professional, but funny & a pleasure to work with! I would highly recommend them for all your banquet needs.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Elaine C, Manager at Sheraton Stamford Hotel, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Thank you for your kind review and recommendation! The banquet and catering team works very hard on all events to ensure all the attendees have a pleasurable evening. We are so please that they achieved that for your event. We also shared your comments with our Food and Beverage team, who were delighted that their efforts on the food was also recognized. We deeply enjoy hosting such events, and look forward to seeing you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Sheraton is known for a great bed. This is no exception. Great night's rest. Staff was very attentative and friendly. Breakfast was yummo! Rooms were clean and bathroom was spacious. I look forward to my next stay.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank 219heatherf
Thank you for your kind review! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and your night was comfortable. Our team works hard to try to exceed our guest's expectations. We are pleased we were able to achieve that for you. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Carleton Place, Canada
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Stayed for a quick overnight stay and it was good. Front desk staff was very polite and got us checked in right away. Helped us with directions to Manhattan (hotel shuttle driver took us to the NJT transit station and it was a short 50 minutes using the non-express subay into Grand Central Station). Taxi from station back to hotel was under $10.00. Clean large rooms. My only complaint, and it really isn't a fault of the hotel .. is the fact families had their children running up and down the hallways very early in the morning and the doors / walls are very thin. Don't get me wrong, I have three children myself but I've taught them to be somewhat respectful of the other guests in the hotel and have 'trained' them not to scream up and down the hallways (same as one would expect living in an apartment). Unfortunately we didn't check out the pool or fitness room. Had no problem parking at all - I think it was $10 or $15 to park. Happy with our stay, would stay again if we were in the area. We did get a great price using Hotwire as well.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your kind review and recommendation. We do apologize for the noise that you encountered. We do try to request our guests remain respectful of each other. We thank you for your own understanding and patience with this. We are so pleased that our own team was helpful and courteous during your stay, and that your trip to the city was easy and quick. We will be happy to see you on your next visit to the area!
Champlin, Minnesota
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Reservations could not guarantee that the two rooms we booked would be on the same floor. They said I had to work it out with the hotel when I got there. I found this odd and problematic since I was traveling with 4 small kids and really didn't want to end up walking out after the fact if I ended up on two different floors. I was booking directly with the hotel, not Priceline or something so you'd think they could make that happen before I trekked over there.

Then when we arrived it took the guy 15 painful minutes to find us rooms on the same floor. My kids were sleeping on sofas in the lounge while we waited. He was very nice and professional however and comped us free breakfast in the morning. The rest of the stay was fantastic. The rooms were great and breakfast was particularly delicious. Made to order omlettes and waffles, strong coffe. A really restorative stay.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Elaine C, Manager at Sheraton Stamford Hotel, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Thank you for your review. We appreciate all the feedback we receive from our guests. We apologize for the issue you encountered with Reservations. We can certainly appreciate traveling with small children and needing the accommodations to be secured in advance. The property refers the bulk of reservations to a centralized reservations department. Thus, the central department cannot guarantee specific room information, because they are not on-site. You may always contact the property directly, and request to speak to an on-site agent. Our team would be more than happy to assist. We are very pleased that once on property you were able to enjoy your stay, and found the service and accommodations met your expectations. We hope that you will visit the property again in the future.
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Very clean and quiet. I was happy to receive free upgrade with access to club lounge. Great complimentary happy hour and breakfast. Perfect for solo business traveler. Easy access to highway, short walk to train station and large mall area.

Stayed August 2013
Thank you for your kind review! We are so pleased that you were able to enjoy the many features of the Club Level. The property also provides complimentary transportation to and from the train station and the Stamford Town Center Mall, as well as several other locations within a 5 mile radius, if needed. We look forward to welcoming you again soon!
West Chester, PA
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Stayed two nights. Great hotel but terrible parking.

First night, hotel’s garage was closed because of being full. Drove around the neighborhood to find alternative parking that I was comfortable with. Found none and went back to hotel. Staff said that garage would open after a few people left (from special events at hotel).

From arrival time until being able to park, 70 minutes driving neighborhood and then waiting for a space = 1 hour 10 minutes.

Next night had the same problem. Waited 40 minutes to find an available space. (Cars were waiting ahead of me and I had to wait for my turn.)

I drove the garage from top to bottom several times. I counted 141 obvious new cars taking up parking spaces. Spoke with hotel’s GM several days later, and he said that they lease out 200 spaces for the storage of new cars. I am offended that they would lease out so many spaces that guests sometimes have to wait 40 to 70 minutes just to park their car.

In summary, this is a very beautiful hotel. If you stay there without a car, this hotel is top of the line. If you intend to bring a car, I strongly recommend that you stay somewhere else.

Steve McEvoy
West Chester, PA

Room Tip: Read all reviews.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Elaine C, Manager at Sheraton Stamford Hotel, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Thank you for your review. We deeply apologize that you had difficulty finding adequate parking in the parking garage on your arrival. It is rare for the property to have any issues with parking. As you indicate, the property does lease space to a local dealership for it’s new car inventory. We are able to work with this partner however, and arrange to have their cars re-distributed to allow for additional parking for our guests. On this particular occasion however, the need for additional spaces was not communicated to the team. The team also makes arrangements for alternative parking at the nearby church. Again we do apologize if this was not communicated to you. Recently the hotel has been completing upgrades to the garage, and there are more planned for the upcoming weeks. We hope that should your travels bring you to the area, you will try us again and see the improvements we have made.
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I stayed here while on a 2 night trip to New York City for a youth group of high schoolers with about 30 kids. When we got there I was really annoyed because it took them around 45 minutes to get my friends and I our room keys but I can understand that there would be confusion. Besides that, it was good. There are rooms on the 2nd floor that are very nice that you can rent out and we had one for the full 3 days and it was very nice, also the staff are extremely nice. The rooms are nice too, and although we didn't eat the hotel's food, it looked good as a lot of the people seemed to be enjoying it. The lobby is really nice, along with the pool and fitness center. I think it would be a great place to have a business conference. It is a good option for a trip to NYC, but if you need to get to the city at, say, 4:00, and leave at 3:00 on the weekend or during rush hour, you will not make it. The trip with not traffic would probably take 45 minutes-1 hour. But there is terrible traffic. It took about 2 hours and 45 minutes to go from the hotel to Bryant Park. There is a solution though. Just take the train, and the Stamford Station is probably a 10 minute walk from the hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank pschnee5
Thank you for your review! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Yes, checking in large groups can be difficult, particularly if the group all wants to be together, or needs particular rooms that are not ready. We do our best to try to accommodate everyone as quickly and efficiently as possible. Your patience is greatly appreciated. We have several meeting rooms available on our Mezzanine level, as well as two large ball rooms, and the atrium for meetings, banquets, etc. And thank you for the tip regarding the train to Grand Central- as you state a train trip is generally 45 minutes to an hour, while traveling by car in traffic can be much longer. We are pleased that your group enjoyed it’s time with us, and look forward to having you back again!