Crowne Plaza Stamford(Stamford)(Great Value!)
US$162
US$141
CrownePlaza.com
US$206
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$235/night.

US$240
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Stamford(Stamford)(Great Value!)
US$135
  • Restaurant
US$207
US$191
  • Pool
All reviewsfull kitchenseparate bedroomstop shopswimming pool ishalf mileunderground parkingcontinental breakfastroom servicestovefurniturecleanlinessnycgymshuttlechannels
Reviewed 11 March 2008

Very big and spacious suite, Great Location, Enjoyed every minute of our stay

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 24 March 2007

I stayed at this facility for just over three weeks. Pros - Very spacious rooms, good location. Parking is convenient. 24-hour coffee and pastries in lobby.
Cons - Staff is inconsiderate and rude - except to their frineds who hang out and eat and use the computer in the lobby at all times. The hotel is old and the wear and tear shows. The large crumbs behind the couch and the full can of Coors Light under the sofa sleeper were ammenities we did not count on. Our key cards stopped working every three days or so, very inconvenient... This hotel was for company business, which is why I stuck it out for so long, but I will recommend my company not send any more clients to them.

Stayed: March 2007
4  Thank Cheryl_n_Marc
alvin24, Front Desk Agent at Stamford Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2008

This review does not accurately reflect a current Stamford Suites experience as we've since undergone new management and enacted changes in policy to better serve our guests. An experience like the one describe simply would not happen anymore.

Reviewed 9 August 2005

With several nice hotels in the Stamford area, I would avoid this one if possible. I stayed here because the rate was decent and it was the only non budget hotel that was available that night. The one good thing I will say about this hotel is the rooms are very large. Each room has a seperate bedroom, kitchen, and living area. However, the room was not properly cleaned and the hallways were disgusting. One other reason why I chose this hotel was because they claimed to have a free "deluxe breakfast". What a joke. I guess they consider a deluxe breakfast a few old pastries and some OJ. I can deal with some of these issues, but the caper was the fact they charged me 150.00 for damage to my room that I didnt do. In fact, in the end it was determined that there wasnt even any damage to the room, but it was a simple "communication" issue. It took 3 weeks for the charge to be reversed. That is just flat out horrible service. I will give the hotel 2 stars though based on the fact that the rooms are probably 3 times larger then the average hotel room. But that doesnt make up for the number of other problems.

• Stayed: December 2003, travelled on business
6  Thank icem2829

This review does not accurately reflect a current Stamford Suites experience as we've since undergone new management and enacted changes in policy to better serve our guests. An experience like the one described simply would not happen anymore.

Reviewed 15 August 2004

While I wouldn't say the hotel is "disgusting" like the previous reviewer, it definitely could use improvement. Staff were not knowledgable on basic issues such as rate, check-out time, etc. This set a bad first impression. However, since it was late, I didn't know the area, and my girlfriend was tired and just wanted to sleep, I felt compelled to take what I could get. The one good thing is that the suites are large with kitchenettes and large king beds. However, the furniture is quite dirty- My girlfriend refused to sit on the sofa beside me it looked so soiled! It's quite pricey too, but hey, this is Stamford, CT. Another good thing is the location- walking distance to trendy downtown spots and restaruants. For a few dollars more you're better off staying at the Marriott, but the rooms aren't as large.

4  Thank err230

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 25 July 2004

This hotel is absolutely disgusting. There are rodent bait traps in the bathroom, and the staff did not inform me of this, even when they set up a crib for my baby in the room! I walked into the bathroom and saw her reaching for a black box that was filled with poison! When I called the fron desk, they conceded that they do have a rodent problem, and that they place these bait traps in all the bathrooms. I was very upset that I had not been told, even as they knew that I had a small child with me. The hotel clerk told me that it was up to me to watch my child, and that she would never have had this happen with one of her children. (Of course not, she knows the traps are there). She was very arrogant, and I never even received an apology. Apart from this, the smell in the room was horrible, the room was filthy and I wouldn't even use the bathtub as it was so disgusting. Take my word for it, find somewhere else to stay if you can. I travel frequently on work related trips, and I have never stayed in a place that was this horrible.

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member