“depressing”

Stamford Suites
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Stamford
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We are unable to understand why this very rundown hotel can be rated as number two in Stamford. While our suite was clean, every part of it was falling into disrepair. And it had a bad aroma when we entered. The one employee at the desk was not well informed about our room and particularly unhelpful about the operation of the TV. We were glad to see a brand new Residence Inn is under constrcution closer to downtown. And the Courtyard by Marriott looked absolutely elegant. We urge all travelers to seek a more recently built or renovated hotel and leave the Stamford Suites to others.

Room Tip: upper floor if you simply must stay in this old and dreary hotel
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rchard PB B
stamfordmanager, Manager at Stamford Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear Rchard PB B,

Thank you for taking the time to review our business as we truly value the opinions of our guests. I apologize that we did not meet the expectations for your stay and we will do everything we can to try to improve on the aspects you bought up. We do our best to give a home away from home sensation while staying at our establishment and our team of front desk agents are passionate about that aspect of their daily work.

If you ever choose to stay our Stamford Suites again, I would love to have the opportunity to speak to you directly. Please ask for me at the front desk and I hope to see you again in the future.

Best regards,

Vincent I.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

i stay there 8 night
very nice rooms big rooms
staff were so nice the manger took me to see all rooms
you have all you need for long stay parking is free
if I need to come again I will do it
Brekfest is poor

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank eli9648028
stamfordmanager, Manager at Stamford Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear Eli,

Thank you so much for taking the time out to leave us a review. I hope that we get to see you back again as soon as possible and we all look forward to your next visit.

Cheers,

Vincent

Reviewed 18 March 2014

From the beginning to the end, loved the big clean rooms, the calm and nice place, the receptionist fana is the best ever, look, if you want a get away, and you want to be sure the money is well spent, look no further, here in Stamford suites you have got it all! loved it!!! The gross family :-)

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Dannygross

Dear Dannygross,

Thank you for taking the time out to write that glowing review for us. We pride ourselves on our room size, cleanliness, and hospitality and I am glad that our team here came through for you. Fana was very happy to see your comments and she thanks you for leaving them for her.

We hope to see you back again soon!

Cheers,

Vincent

Reviewed 12 March 2014

It was second time when I staying in that hotel. Both of times were excellent. When I was needed to stay in Stamford I didn't doubt which hotel I choose. It's located in Downtown, there are a lot of space in the living room and in the bedroom, nice kitchen with everything you need. I was with two kids and they were pleased as well. Very polite and friendly staff are ready to help at any moment. At the first time I particularly memorized a woman who checked me in, her name is Fana. And I was very happy to see her again two years later when I again stayed at this hotel with my family. She is very responsive and always is ready to help you, she always tries to find a way to solve your issue or answer on your question. I recommend that hotel to everyone who is going to Stamford, CT.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Vladimir L
Sansani F, General Manager at Stamford Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear Vladimir L,

Thank you for being our guest once again and for taking your time to share your experience with other travelers. We are happy you have chosen us as your home away from home when you and your family visit Stamford. And thank you for recognizing Fana, one of our best Front Desk Agents who is always, as you said, ready to help. I'm glad that you and your family enjoyed our spacious suite. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 7 March 2014

I saw this got good reviews and had to be in Stamford for business overnight. The room was clean and the young lady who checked me in was pleasant. She explained the system of inserting the key card into a holder on the wall in the room, That activated the lights and heat. (Get it, the heat isn't on even though it was in the teens.) The room thermostat read 57 when I got there. I decided to 'man up' and wait for the heat to kick on.
The room was very worn: heavy water damage to the accoustical tile ceiling in the kitchen, some missing trim pieces, cabinets that had seen better days and I lamp in the living area who's switch was broken (one of two sources of light in that room), So I headed out to dinner and figured I'd let the room warm up in my absence.
I came back almost three hours later and the room was up to 64 by the thermostat in the bedroom. From working at the desk in the living room (that was up against the outside wall), my feet could attest that the temperature under the desk never got up to 64. I considered asking for a new room, but couldn't see packing everything back up at that hour.
In the morning the thermostat never registered anything above 64. (which I swear was the warmest spot in the place.) I mentioned the very cold nature of the room when I checked out and they said they would look into it. Big Deal!
If you look at other reviews I have submitted, it is a rarity that there is a negative rating. That said, I'm back in Stamford for two nights in a couple of weeks. Guess where I'm NOT staying?

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Sansani F, General Manager at Stamford Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Dear Roycethevoice,

Thank you for taking your time and writing a review for Stamford Suites Hotel. We apologize for the inconvenience during your stay. We wish that we had a chance to fix the problem while you were staying here so that you would have more pleasant stay and comfort. We hope that you would give us a chance to improve and make your future stay better.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

I am very happy with my stays at this site. This is my second week longstay and this room like my last is very large but clean not just clean enough its OCD clean I will be back to stay here again aslong as they are not sold out. Even the room with the elevator in the middle of it like mine can't hear the elevator

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Sansani F, General Manager at Stamford Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Dear Darrell B,

Thank you for being our guest at Stamford Suites Hotel. I'm glad you liked our spacious suite. Thank you for noticing the cleanliness of the room. I'm happy to hear that you will be back again. We look forward to welcoming you back here soon!

Reviewed 29 December 2013

Everything I asked for I received with so much urgency. I felt like a queen. The staff was very accommodating and my requests were all completed in a timely manner. The concierge was very pleasant informative. They have excellent restaurants near the hotel

Room Tip: I had a corner room. I had a great view.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Sansani F, General Manager at Stamford Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Dear Elnora M,

Thank you for being our guest at Stamford Suites Hotel. I'm happy to hear that our staff team was able to deliver their service per your requests promptly and up to your satisfaction. And yes there are plenty of great local restaurants within walking distance from the hotel where you could enjoy breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

We hope to see you again soon!