Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Stamford
“Go Hilton”
Reviewed 20 March 2013

This hotel have excellent service,the shuttle drivers are great they take you anywhere downtown stamford and pick you up no long wait,the hotel is very clean, the rooms are nice size&clean.the staff make sure the guest are happy

• Stayed March 2013
StamfordHilton, General Manager at Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center, responded to this review, 28 March 2013
Thank you! It is great to read your positive review of the Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center. We are glad you enjoyed your spacious, comfortable, clean accommodations and that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary shuttle service, which takes our guests anywhere within five miles of the hotel, for free. Please come back and stay with us again. We’ll make sure you have another superb experience.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
North Yarmouth, Maine
Reviewed 19 March 2013

I had a wonderful 5-night stay with my dog Astro while we attended Clicker Expo! Staff was friendly and efficient and the room was very nice and comfortable. Lovely grounds, too - great for walking Astro and getting him some exercise. Easy parking and easy to get around. Thanks!

Room Tip: If you have a dog, ask for a room at the end of the hall... ours was perfect!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
We were happy to have you, Astro and all of the attendees at Clicker Expo – four legged and otherwise – as our guests at the Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center. We are glad that you enjoyed your comfortable, clean room and that you received professional, friendly service from our staff. We are committed to making each guest feel welcomed and making each conference held at the hotel a success, and we trust you and Astro both enjoyed your conference. As a pet-friendly hotel, charging a one-time fee to guests traveling with their pets, we invite you both back to stay with us again for another wonderful visit. Thank you for your feedback.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 18 March 2013

As a Hilton Diamond member, I find the Stamford to be one of my favorites. The Executive Lounge is very comfortable - and John (the evening Lounge Attendant is terrific. Parking is usually easy. The rooms are consistently clean and quiet. And the wireless service is great.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your kind words and positive feedback after your recent stay at the Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center. We are happy to have you as a regular guest and a Hilton Diamond member, and we are so pleased to be on your list of favorites. It is great to hear that you enjoyed professional, friendly service from our staff since customer service is a guiding principle for us. We are also glad you took advantage of our free Internet in the lobby and conference room meeting areas. It’s a bonus designed to make our guests’ visits productive and successful. Finally, we trust you got the rest you needed in our clean, comfortable accommodations. We hope to see you again for more outstanding hospitality and service.
Batesville, Indiana
Reviewed 15 March 2013

I am a Diamond level Hilton member and stay at this hotel atleast 60nts/yr. They must have changed coffee brands but its horrible!! Tastes burnt and not even drinkable. Not a good thing for a tired traveler. Change the brand back!!

• Stayed March 2013
StamfordHilton, General Manager at Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center, responded to this review, 21 March 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We understand that a good cup of coffee is a necessity for many travelers and will take your comments under advisement to see if changes are needed. We value you as a customer, especially as a Hilton HHonors member, and want every element of your stay to be the finest. We trust that as our regular guest, you enjoyed the same high quality accommodations and customer service to which you are accustomed. We look forward to your next visit when we will hope to please in every way.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 13 March 2013

This is my second time staying in CT and i would recommend this hotel to everyone, i previously stayed at the stamford plaza and it was nothing but issue after issue. The HIlton rooms were very clean and the staff was exceptional,from Gary the bellman to Cesar in room service my stay was great and cant wait to go back.

Room Tip: Do not get any room near the ice machine it will keep you up all night
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your great review of the Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center. We are happy to have you as a regular guest of the hotel, and we are so pleased that we impressed you on many levels – from our comfortable rooms to our customer service. We will pass along your kind words to our staff, particularly those mentioned by name. We can’t wait for your next visit. Once again, we’ll show you how highly we value you as a customer and what a privilege it is to have you as our guest.
Reviewed 13 March 2013

I stayed in this "Hilton" for three nights and it did not live up to its Hilton name. The lobby looks modern and the bellmen are very nice but the carpet in the hallways smell horrible, the latch on my door was broken, my room smelled like it had been smoken in, and the food was super expensive, I ordered breakfeast through room service, and for eggs and coffe it came out to be 42 dollars that's outragous but my server Cesar was very courteous and professional overall my stay wasn't too bad just needs a lot of improvement in appereances staff overall great

• Stayed March 2013
We are glad that you received courteous and professional service during your stay with us, but regret that other elements of your visit were not what you had expected. It is our hope that our recently completed multimillion-dollar renovation and newly refurbished guest rooms provide clean, modern, comfortable accommodations for all of our guests, and we are disappointed that wasn’t the case for you. In addition, we are completely smoke-free, so none of our rooms should smell like cigarette smoke. Kindly let us know of any such issues, and we will address them immediately. Please come back and stay with us again. We are sure we can make it a great experience.
Methuen, Massachusetts
Reviewed 10 March 2013

Date of Stay: 08-10 March 2013

I've stayed in many Hilton hotels in my travels but this has to rate among the bottom of the list. In the effort of full disclosure, I am a HHonors Sliver member and got a "discounted" pre-paid rate through my company's account, though it was a pleasure trip for my girlfriend and I for a Theater weekend in NYC. The decent rate, proximity to NYC express trains at Stamford Station, and my HHonors account were driving factors in the selection of this hotel.

My room was on the executive level 10 of the hotel. Unfortunately, the room was nothing that I would call executive; in fact, I've stay at other chains which has normal rooms which were more "executive" than this one. The rooms are very dated, shower curtain had seen better days, and the bed was probably around 10-20 years old. It was very uncomfortable and my girlfriend woke up in pain. In fact, I didn't see much difference between this room and a standard room other than the king bed and rather disappointed.

Received no complementary continental breakfast and told the executive lounge and express elevator was closed due to a dog trainer conference. Even if possible, we would not have been able to use as she's allergic to dogs.

The shuttle service ends strictly at 1030 PM. We requested a shuttle in the morning to the Stamford Train Station and the desk clerk was able to provide a shuttle time and a Metro North schedule to NYC. However, she did not mentioned that the shuttle ended at a certain time. When we came back to Stamford at 1045 PM, I call the hotel and explained I was a registered executive guest. The desk clerk mentioned that the "shuttle service and ended for the evening and that our only options were to walk or for us to hail a cab at the station". Not quite the customer service I would expect; had they hailed a cab for us, I would have gladly paid for it.

The cherry on the sundae if you will was an incorrect folio. We were charged a fee for Internet access for our stay though neither of us brought any devices, I did bring the attention to the front desk who reversed the charge but really was rather unsympathetic and surely about the mistake and that it happened to "a good number of people".

The restaurant does have good food and beverage (Saturday breakfast), but the $19 charge for the complete buffet is far too much, one can find much better values in and around Stamford. We only ate at the restaurant as a matter of convenience as we had a full day in NYC. The waiter did have a hard time with my order and forgot a portion of it. When I brought the matter to his attention he claimed "he didn't understand me" but didn't ask for a clarification or to repeat the order. I told him to pass on the forgotten portion. The quality of the food and its preparation was first rate and the "highlight" of the stay. In fairness to the kitchen staff, they should be recognized for a job well done.

Summary: I believe there is a stark difference between executive during the week and during the weekend. Needless to say, we won't be staying there again for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: Don't prepay for a room.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
It sounds as if things did not go as you had hoped during your stay with us, and we are sorry to hear it. Customer service is a top priority at the hotel – something in which we take great pride – and we always strive to give each guest an outstanding experience. We will continue to do that, referring to your comments to determine if any changes are needed in our procedures. We are glad your bill was straightened out to your satisfaction and regret any confusion over our shuttle hours, which are outlined on our website. We value all of our guests, most especially our HHonors guests and hope to win back your trust. Please stay with us again so we can demonstrate our dedication to customer service and customer satisfaction.

Travellers are raving about these Stamford hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stamford
Hotel Zero Degrees
#5 of 14 in Stamford
Sheraton Stamford Hotel
Sheraton Stamford Hotel
#2 of 14 in Stamford

Been to Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center? Share your experiences!