“Needs an overhaul. Not up to Flagship Hilton standards”

Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Stamford
Reviewed 24 January 2014

The positives: Night check in team was excellent this time through. Compared to last few visits, which were not personable. Glad to see management listened!
The shower head. Good and powerful, and makes you feel better about where I just slept.
The negatives: The plumbing in the room was severely backed up, which effected the toilet, sink, and shower drain. Also, the sink drain had a leak under the cabinet, which could be heard dripping in the bedroom for about ten minutes, until all the water in the sink basin drained.
The beds fitted sheet had unexplained, faded brown stains above the pillow area, on both sides of the bed. Time to retire this one.
The air vent in the main room had an unexplained black "particles" on the vents. Hopefully this is not black mold.

Bottom line... I have stayed at this hotel a few times as I come into the city at least once a month, simply because I am Hilton Gold, and want to support the chain, but I will most likely go to the Marriott Courtyard next time, as it just seems cleaner.

Room Tip: I wish I knew how to get a good room myself!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank connecticutreviewer
StamfordHilton, General Manager at Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

The feedback we receive from our guests and members provides us valuable insight that we take to heart. I’m glad to hear that the night check-in was more positive for you and the team will be thrilled to hear the kind words you had for them. Our accommodations should be at their very best prior to guest arrival and this certainly does not sound like the experience we strive to deliver. I will review these points further with our housekeeping and maintenance associates, but if you have a chance, please contact us directly and let us know which room you were in so we can quickly address any plumbing issues. Thank you for your review and continued loyalty to our property and brand as a Hilton HHonors member. I hope we continue to be your go-to hotel when you are in the Stamford area.

Jim Marino

Write a ReviewReviews (1,235)

Reviewed 24 January 2014

I've stayed at this hotel many times and always thought of it as the way hotels and travel were and are supposed to be, but this time found the noise from surrounding rooms excessive and the lobby freezing.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank publichero

We’re always grateful to get feedback, positive or otherwise, from one of our loyal guests. While I am honored to learn that you have looked to our property as a benchmark for travel, we deeply regret that your last stay was not consistent with your usual experience with us. Our commitment to high standards and guest satisfaction is still our first priority, so I’m disappointed that we didn’t have the chance to attend to your concerns when it would have mattered most. I will personally look into your comments and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back. I’m confident that a future stay at the Hilton Stamford will feature the impressive guest experience you have come to expect and deserve.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Hotels in business parks always suffer in someway and sadly this hotel is a typical "business park" hotel.

The location is about a mile from Stamford city centre, which in the cold winter means it is unfeasible for walking into town. Whilst there is a shuttle service, the hotel pick up was easy enough, the town pick up was very unclear. In addition, the business park location meant that you were stuck with hotel room service for nights when you were too tired to do anything else. Room service for evening meals was attrocious! Food completely bland and in one case inedible. Most of it was left uneaten.

Bonus points for the hotel offering Hilton card holders free internet. This was VERY much appreciated.

Otherwise, a nice room if a little basic and kept very clean by the lovely cleaning ladies who were very cheerful in the mornings. Executive rooms give you access to the Executive Lounge on the 10th floor where breakfast was basic but very pleasant. The only complaint I have against my room is the location near the railway tracks where I could hear any train coming in or going out of the local railway station as I was trying to sleep.

Staff (with the exception of the night staff on arrival) were pleasant and helpful. Night staff on arrival were unusually cold and impatient which didn't make for a pleasant arrival from a long flight.

I would certainly want to explore alternative hotels in Stamford before returning here sadly.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank DiceyMorris1978

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, it was so great to hear how our staff made such a positive impact on your stay. They really love what they do and I’m glad to hear it shows! It was a surprise to read how disappointed you were with in-room dining and I will certainly share your comments with our culinary team. We want our guests to enjoy their time here and we encourage them to please reach out to our staff with any concerns so that we have the opportunity to ensure the best possible experience for you. We would be happy to help find the perfect accommodations, help you discover all that this area has to offer, as well as guide you on the best mode of transportation. Give us another try, we’re sure you won’t be disappointed!

Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

Love this hotel it's very clean and the people who works here are very lovely. Hotel is nice, clean and quite.
Personal is always on point.I love to go chill in member launch after work and have glass of vine.
John at launch is awesome always has everything ready for guests and his little desert are delicious :)
If you staying at Stamford Hilton is the place where to spend quality time!!!!

Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Veronica D
StamfordHilton, General Manager at Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

It is wonderful to read that you consider the Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center one of your favorites. We are happy you have had the chance to relax and unwind in our Concierge Lounge and we appreciate your kind comments. We are happy you had such a great stay and we look forward to welcoming you back soon. Thank you.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

I really enjoy my stays at this location. This Hilton is very clean and well kept. I will recommend this hotel to my friends whenever they come to Stamford. This Hilton is located next to the Stamford metro train station, I take this train into NYC every time I am there.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Trevor R
StamfordHilton, General Manager at Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Your recommendations are appreciated and we can't thank you enough for your great feedback. We are located near the Stamford Train Station and close to downtown Stamford. We appreciate your continued loyalty and we look forward to your next visit to the Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center.

Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

As usual, I stayed in the hotel for business trip and went to my favorite spot, the club lounge. What a surprise to find out John was not there (vacations). I told my colleagues to enjoy a meal in there but we missed John. He is always taking care of me, he takes my order if i want something from the restaurant, saving me waiting time in the restaurant, serves my drinks and makes my colleagues feel at home.

I hope to see him back pretty soon. Excellent person, employee and human being!!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Mitchael123

It is great to know that our guests continue to return due to the service they receive from our staff members. Thank you so much for your kind comments. I look forward to sharing your feedback. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to the Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

I attend an annual convention here and have always had a very good stay. For some reason, this year was exceptional. Our room was spotless. The bed was much more comfortable than I recall in previous years and the food was the best yet. I was very impressed with the service, cleanliness and quality of linens and towels. I did not use the gym, pool, etc. but would recommend based on the areas I frequented.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Dee Dee S

It is wonderful to read that we have been able to exceed your expectations while visiting the Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center. It is always a pleasure to welcome back our guests and we thank you for your kind comments. We look forward to your next stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stamford
Stamford Marriott Hotel & Spa
Hampton Inn & Suites Stamford
Hyatt Regency Greenwich
Hyatt Regency Greenwich
#1 of 1 in Old Greenwich

Been to Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center? Share your experiences!