“Executive Lounge”

Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Stamford
“Executive Lounge”
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

I came back to this hotel after some time, and I really feel it was my best choice. Rooms are great but my fav is the executive lounge: I can be comfortable, watching tv, eating, drinking or working, but always is a great experience... John is always great and is wonderful to see how he can remember me after long time. He makes me feel I was here yesterday. I hope he never leaves!!!

• Stayed February 2014
StamfordHilton, General Manager at Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
It is great that you were able to enjoy so much while staying at the Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center. We appreciate your kind comments regarding the team. It would be our pleasure to continue to welcome you back when you are visiting the Stamford area. Thank you.

Jim Marino

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 13 February 2014

I've been a Preferred Hilton member for over 15 years and have stayed at this hotel many times when I visited Stamford, Connecticut. I have had great experiences with the hotel staff and always thought of this hotel as an example of what hotels and travel was supposed to be -
That changed after January 2014.
I always was able to book their Deluxe King rooms which provided special accommodations, including a hot tub and refrigerator, but is now only available on a first come, first serve basis - without guarantee (this what the front desk staff indicated when I spoke to the directly). And prices for their regular rooms have risen DRAMATICALLY, while other hotels in the area have maintained competitive prices without cause. I have sent a letter to Hilton's corporate management to find out what is going on with this facility and I am awaiting their response.
In the meantime, I would highly suggest to travelers looking for accommodations in the Stamford, CT to book yourself with another hotel and avoid this facility.
What a huge disappointment....

Room Tip: If you must choose this hotel, double check to make sure the type of room you book is guaranteed - O...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank petehz
We value our loyal guests and I appreciate you for taking the time to share your perspective. Our rates are competitive with other hotels in the area and most of our room types are guaranteed. There are times when a preferred room is not available, however, we try our best to provide our guests with their preferred choice. Our team is always available to answer any questions you may have and it is our hope to welcome you back to enjoy all the things that have made the Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center your hotel of choice over the years. Thank you.

Jim Marino

Travellers are raving about these Stamford hotels

Wilmette, Illinois
Reviewed 10 February 2014

This Hilton is perfectly placed for all the finance related businesses in Stamford and a 5 minute walk to the train station to New York--about an hour away. It is a full service hotel with restaurant, full-time bell boys, underground parking with valet, and the 10th floor provides Hilton honors with breakfast in the morning and drinks/heavy appetizers in the evening. A very practical place to stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Bruce P
If you are visiting the Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center, for business or pleasure, we are located near many corporations, museums, restaurants, shopping and much more. The Stamford Train Station is just a short distance from the hotel and we offer complimentary shuttle service. We are delighted you were able to enjoy so much while here and we thank you for your wonderful review. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back the next time you are visiting the area.

Lausanne, Switzerland
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Found myself discovering this hotel thanks to rather attrocious customer service from Sheraton Stamford.

The lobby is far more elegant
The rooms however cleraly could benefit from a refurb- door handles and bathroom fixtures- but bed, bedding amd clmate control were great.
Always a tad short on the bathroom amentities but acceptable- moisturizer doesnt overpower - which i liked
Good sized rooms and a pleasant staff rounded out my experience.

Would return and recommend.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank LeDude13
StamfordHilton, General Manager at Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Thank you for sharing your experiences with us. We are happy you were able to enjoy your accommodations and you had the chance to relax while here. Our team strives to provide all of our guests with a positive experience and we thank you for your kind comments. I appreciate you bringing these points to my attention and I will share your feedback with our team. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center the next time you are in the area.

Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Stayed here to attend a company meeting. Room was up to date with electrical plugs at bedside. Appreciated the magnifying mirror in the bathroom for putting on makeup. Concierge lounge was wonderful with lots of good food --one of the better I've enjoyed recently. Bed was comfortable, room was clean. The only problem I encountered was the desk chair, which was stuck in one position.

Meeting room and food served at the meeting was very good. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
StamfordHilton, General Manager at Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your feedback of the Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Conference Center. It is great to know that your visit inspired your positive comments. Our hotel offers the perfect meeting facilities for groups both large and small, as well as luxurious and comfortable accommodations. I am so happy you appreciated the use of our Concierge lounge, as we hope to make our guests feel well cared for. Please know that someone is always available to help in any way they can. I will be sure to have our Engineering team look at the desk chair. Your comments are of great value to all of us and we hope to welcome you back again for another great stay.

connecticutreviewer
Reviewed 24 January 2014

The positives: Night check in team was excellent this time through. Compared to last few visits, which were not personable. Glad to see management listened!
The shower head. Good and powerful, and makes you feel better about where I just slept.
The negatives: The plumbing in the room was severely backed up, which effected the toilet, sink, and shower drain. Also, the sink drain had a leak under the cabinet, which could be heard dripping in the bedroom for about ten minutes, until all the water in the sink basin drained.
The beds fitted sheet had unexplained, faded brown stains above the pillow area, on both sides of the bed. Time to retire this one.
The air vent in the main room had an unexplained black "particles" on the vents. Hopefully this is not black mold.

Bottom line... I have stayed at this hotel a few times as I come into the city at least once a month, simply because I am Hilton Gold, and want to support the chain, but I will most likely go to the Marriott Courtyard next time, as it just seems cleaner.

Room Tip: I wish I knew how to get a good room myself!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank connecticutreviewer
StamfordHilton, General Manager at Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
The feedback we receive from our guests and members provides us valuable insight that we take to heart. I’m glad to hear that the night check-in was more positive for you and the team will be thrilled to hear the kind words you had for them. Our accommodations should be at their very best prior to guest arrival and this certainly does not sound like the experience we strive to deliver. I will review these points further with our housekeeping and maintenance associates, but if you have a chance, please contact us directly and let us know which room you were in so we can quickly address any plumbing issues. Thank you for your review and continued loyalty to our property and brand as a Hilton HHonors member. I hope we continue to be your go-to hotel when you are in the Stamford area.

massachusetts
Reviewed 24 January 2014

I've stayed at this hotel many times and always thought of it as the way hotels and travel were and are supposed to be, but this time found the noise from surrounding rooms excessive and the lobby freezing.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank publichero
We’re always grateful to get feedback, positive or otherwise, from one of our loyal guests. While I am honored to learn that you have looked to our property as a benchmark for travel, we deeply regret that your last stay was not consistent with your usual experience with us. Our commitment to high standards and guest satisfaction is still our first priority, so I’m disappointed that we didn’t have the chance to attend to your concerns when it would have mattered most. I will personally look into your comments and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back. I’m confident that a future stay at the Hilton Stamford will feature the impressive guest experience you have come to expect and deserve.

Jim Marino
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stamford
Hotel Zero Degrees
Sheraton Stamford Hotel
Sheraton Stamford Hotel
#4 of 14 in Stamford
Hampton Inn & Suites Stamford

Been to Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center? Share your experiences!