The place needs renovation, Paint at a minimum. The worst experience was with the restaurant/food. The quality of the food was awful. First night I ordered room service. The salad was old, brown leaves; the shrimp was bad, the bread was completely dried out, and the soup was luke-warm. I complained and the restaurant manager came up to my room and ended up deleting the charge because I didn't eat any of it but she (blonde Woman w/accent, maybe Russian) argued with me. Over the phone she said their bread is always fresh. I said please come up and see the bread they served me and judge for herself. She did come up and she admitted the salad was brown and the bread was old and said usually it's good but they were off the mark tonight. I asked her if she actually eats this food herself. I couldn't believe how bad it was! On another occasion with room service, I ordered a Spinach salad and they brought me mixed greens. I called once again and spoke first with the front desk. I explained to the attendant who answered the phone and he said "we don't have a mixed green salad." So he said i'd need to speak with the manager. Again I spoke with the manager (a different woman, more helpful this time) and she sent up an actual Spinach salad but I couldn't eat it because it was all wilted and old! Breakfast was just as bad: cold coffee, runny eggs, egg whites that tasted like chemicals. The only positive part of breakfast was the fruit! The fruit was very good quality. The service at breakfast was also lacking. They were very disorganized and just kind of wandered around, no professionalism at all. In addition, the menu at the restaurant offered very few vegetarian options. The fish was "Atlantic" which means farmed which means awful quality (look it up...) This last item about the fish is a particular item that I wouldn't expect a Hilton to notice but it would show me excellence if you were to notice. It would mean that the Hilton knows how to cater to people who expect the best. However! I'm not even talking about "the best" in my comments. I'm talking about just average or slightly above average expectations, which i think is fair for a Hilton. I was shocked by the poor quality I saw everywhere. I stayed at a Marriott afterwards and immediately noticed how much better they were. Okay: back to room service: couldn't believe all of the extra charges!! Two separate "delivery" charges? Extra to bring up alcolhol? 20% included for service? Then the bellboy doesn't even give you a copy of the receipt unless you ask for it!! WOW. Okay -- also, the television wasn't working when I first got there. It was fixed right away so that was fine. However, the options on the television were lacking in that I really wanted to see a show on PBS that night and the only PBS station available was the kids' station! PBS is a standard station -- why wouldn't that be an option? I spent lots of time on the phone with the front desk about that. The front desk staff was usually friendly enough but they just weren't very knowledgable or efficient. They didn't go out of their way for sure. When I asked someone if she would check with my airline to see if flights were delayed due to the storm her first response was that I need to do that myself. I protested and she said she'd find out and call me. She never called. Overall I just spent way too much of my time dealing with issues that shouldn't have been issues to begin with. As I said, I was very disappointed in the Hilton and I will not stay in a Hilton again, if I can help it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located outside of New York City -- with access to Amtrak, Metro-North and I-95 — the recently renovated Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center offers the ideal combination of convenience, comfort and courteous service. Following a multimillion-dollar renovation, our hotel boasts newly refurbished guest rooms, spacious suites, and state of the art event and meeting space. Unwind after a long work day at our restaurant and lounge, serving American cuisine and cocktails throughout the day. Or relax in our sparkling swimming pool or heated whirlpool. Surrounded by dynamic businesses and local attractions, our upscale accommodations will enhance your upcoming visit or corporate gathering. A popular choice among Stamford hotels, the Hilton is a landmark destination with easy access to both Boston and New York City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda, Hilton Hotels Direct, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Stamford Hotel And Executive Meeting Center
- Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Stamford
- Hilton Hotel Stamford
- Stamford Hilton