“Do not stay at the Stamford Hilton”

Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Stamford
Wadsworth, United States
“Do not stay at the Stamford Hilton”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

The wait staff in the restaurant repeatedly fell below expectations from apathy and lack of training, by getting orders wrong from myself and other attendees from our group and on 3 separate occasions with separate servers they did not know what the menu offered .I repeatedly asked for receipts and was told “Sorry I already closed the drawer" Happened 3 times .When paying for breakfast with 20 dollar bills I watched wait staff make change in the tip jar at the bar. Again could not get receipt. 2 separate occasions I was given the wrong change. One of those, I had to tell the waitress the correct amount. During lunch on Saturday we were told we could not sit with friends in the dining room and would have to sit in bar. The bar was full . The dining room had approx. 20 people. After complaining to desk staff I sat in dining room anyway and had to wait 35 minutes for order to be taken. The order was wrong and had to be remade. I was told by desk staff that no management was in the hotel at the time to file a complaint and that someone would contact me. No call back was ever made . Staff that did speak English had no knowledge of immediate area. The bed was made with sheet only during entire stay no blanket or comforter. Dirty linen in front of door for 2 days blocking room entry. Found dinner trash in hall at approx noon on Friday and not removed until approx noon on Saturday There was trash in hall near elevators for entire stay. The room seemed to have a musty smell that would not go away. Overall very disappointed would not return to the Hilton .

3 Thank Dale C
StamfordHilton, General Manager at Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
I appreciate you sharing your feedback with us. This is not the experience we expect for any of our guests and I thank you for bringing these points to my attention. I will review your comments with our team as we continually refresh our commitment to our guests. We sincerely regret any difficulties you may have encountered while here. It is our hope to welcome you back to experience our hotel from a renewed perspective and so we may restore your trust in us. Thank you.

Jim Marino

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 20 February 2014

The quality of this Hilton location is very disappointing. One towel in the bathroom had makeup stains on it and another had a luggage tag stuck to it. Also, the bed sheets had a slight mildew-smell to it. I did not feel like the room I had was very clean, and therefore could not enjoy a comfortable stay. Even though the travel was for work, I will be looking into other hotels in the area next time.

When I called the front desk to ask a question, I had to call 4 times before someone picked up.

It is also worth noting that the fire alarm went off at 12:30am (on a Wednesday night) and all guests had to evacuate to the lobby and wait. Apparently their explanation was that a sprinkler head broke but I heard another guest say that there had been another fire alarm the week before.

3 Thank Laura K
StamfordHilton, General Manager at Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences with us and I sincerely regret any difficulties you may have experienced. I will work with our housekeeping team to ensure our guest rooms are properly cleaned and refreshed. I understand your concern with the fire alarm, however, when an alarm sounds it is mandatory that we evacuate the building to ensure the safety of all of our guests. While we know this may cause an inconvenience, until we receive the proper clearance, guests cannot return to their rooms. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel so we may restore your confidence in us. Thank you.

Jim Marino

Travellers are raving about these Stamford hotels

Newport Beach, United States
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Highly recommend the Seabass entree here at the hotel restaurant. It is served very hot and cooked perfectly! Breakfast buffet is also excellent with a wide variety of choices including omelet bar, hot cereal, and a terrific selection of fresh cut fruits as well as fresh pastries.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you so much for your comments regarding your dining experiences. We are delighted you enjoyed multiple meals in our restaurant, Senses. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center.

Pueblo, CO, United States
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Nice hotel with a very healthy breakfast. Rooms very very clean and the beds were VERY comfortable. Only issue was getting two queen beds when a king room had been booked and each morning at breakfast it was time consuming to get water and coffee from the staff. Staff was very nice however.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

It is great that you were able to enjoy your visit and were able to start your day with a healthy breakfast. Thank you for bringing your concerns to my attention. I regret we missed the mark on ensuring every aspect of your visit was excellent and I will share your comments with the team so we may work to refresh our commitment to our customers. Thank you and we hope to welcome you back the next time you are in Stamford.

Beijing, China
Reviewed 18 February 2014

staff and food are good there, but the access to internet is complex, and the charge for in room dining is not clear. You should be ware of every service fee before you place your order. I forgot two bags of my clothes when I checked out. I called 3 times in two days to reach the right staff who can help me figer out what to do next. Finally, they found my bags and mailed them to me. However, the process was a little complex to me.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for sharing your perspective. When ordering room service, all of our fees are clearly stated and we regret any inconvenience. I am happy we were able to retrieve your items, however; this is not the experience we expect for any of our guests and I will review your comments with our team. It is our hope to welcome you back to enjoy our hotel from a renewed perspective.

San Francisco, United States
Reviewed 18 February 2014

The place needs renovation, Paint at a minimum. The worst experience was with the restaurant/food. The quality of the food was awful. First night I ordered room service. The salad was old, brown leaves; the shrimp was bad, the bread was completely dried out, and the soup was luke-warm. I complained and the restaurant manager came up to my room and ended up deleting the charge because I didn't eat any of it but she (blonde Woman w/accent, maybe Russian) argued with me. Over the phone she said their bread is always fresh. I said please come up and see the bread they served me and judge for herself. She did come up and she admitted the salad was brown and the bread was old and said usually it's good but they were off the mark tonight. I asked her if she actually eats this food herself. I couldn't believe how bad it was! On another occasion with room service, I ordered a Spinach salad and they brought me mixed greens. I called once again and spoke first with the front desk. I explained to the attendant who answered the phone and he said "we don't have a mixed green salad." So he said i'd need to speak with the manager. Again I spoke with the manager (a different woman, more helpful this time) and she sent up an actual Spinach salad but I couldn't eat it because it was all wilted and old! Breakfast was just as bad: cold coffee, runny eggs, egg whites that tasted like chemicals. The only positive part of breakfast was the fruit! The fruit was very good quality. The service at breakfast was also lacking. They were very disorganized and just kind of wandered around, no professionalism at all. In addition, the menu at the restaurant offered very few vegetarian options. The fish was "Atlantic" which means farmed which means awful quality (look it up...) This last item about the fish is a particular item that I wouldn't expect a Hilton to notice but it would show me excellence if you were to notice. It would mean that the Hilton knows how to cater to people who expect the best. However! I'm not even talking about "the best" in my comments. I'm talking about just average or slightly above average expectations, which i think is fair for a Hilton. I was shocked by the poor quality I saw everywhere. I stayed at a Marriott afterwards and immediately noticed how much better they were. Okay: back to room service: couldn't believe all of the extra charges!! Two separate "delivery" charges? Extra to bring up alcolhol? 20% included for service? Then the bellboy doesn't even give you a copy of the receipt unless you ask for it!! WOW. Okay -- also, the television wasn't working when I first got there. It was fixed right away so that was fine. However, the options on the television were lacking in that I really wanted to see a show on PBS that night and the only PBS station available was the kids' station! PBS is a standard station -- why wouldn't that be an option? I spent lots of time on the phone with the front desk about that. The front desk staff was usually friendly enough but they just weren't very knowledgable or efficient. They didn't go out of their way for sure. When I asked someone if she would check with my airline to see if flights were delayed due to the storm her first response was that I need to do that myself. I protested and she said she'd find out and call me. She never called. Overall I just spent way too much of my time dealing with issues that shouldn't have been issues to begin with. As I said, I was very disappointed in the Hilton and I will not stay in a Hilton again, if I can help it.

4 Thank Maria G
We appreciate the time you took to share your experiences with us. This is not the level of service we expect for our guests and I thank you for bringing these points to my attention. I will share your feedback with our dining staff to ensure our customers receive quality products and service. We sincerely regret any difficulties you may have encountered with in-room dining. When ordering room service, our fees are noted and we apologize for any miscommunication. I hope to have the chance to welcome you back to our hotel so we may restore your trust and confidence in us and the Hilton Brand.

Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

I came back to this hotel after some time, and I really feel it was my best choice. Rooms are great but my fav is the executive lounge: I can be comfortable, watching tv, eating, drinking or working, but always is a great experience... John is always great and is wonderful to see how he can remember me after long time. He makes me feel I was here yesterday. I hope he never leaves!!!

• Stayed February 2014
StamfordHilton, General Manager at Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
It is great that you were able to enjoy so much while staying at the Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center. We appreciate your kind comments regarding the team. It would be our pleasure to continue to welcome you back when you are visiting the Stamford area. Thank you.

Jim Marino
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stamford
Hotel Zero Degrees
#5 of 14 in Stamford
Sheraton Stamford Hotel
Sheraton Stamford Hotel
#1 of 14 in Stamford

Been to Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center? Share your experiences!