Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center
Good 3.5/5
US$77
Average 3/5
1,265 results
All reviewsthe executive loungetrain stationbusiness travelshuttle servicenew yorkfree shuttlevalet parkingsensesnycdoormaneventctstarbucks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 February 2014

There is Nothing nice to say about this hotel! There was literal garbage in the hallway for the entire four days I was staying there. The gift shop closed randomly throughout the day, so you could not get bottled water, etc.. The screaming Sorority girls running through the hallways all night almost made me forget the lumpy uncomfortable bed!

2  Thank Marjorie H
StamfordHilton, General Manager at Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

It is truly disheartening to read that your stay with us was not as you expected. We strive to provide all of our guests with a comfortable and relaxing stay and it appears missed the mark on ensuring your entire visit was as you had hoped. I will review your comments with the team to ensure our commitment is to our customers. It is our hope to welcome you back so we may restore your confidence in us. Thank you.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

The wait staff in the restaurant repeatedly fell below expectations from apathy and lack of training, by getting orders wrong from myself and other attendees from our group and on 3 separate occasions with separate servers they did not know what the menu offered .I repeatedly asked for receipts and was told “Sorry I already closed the drawer" Happened 3 times .When paying for breakfast with 20 dollar bills I watched wait staff make change in the tip jar at the bar. Again could not get receipt. 2 separate occasions I was given the wrong change. One of those, I had to tell the waitress the correct amount. During lunch on Saturday we were told we could not sit with friends in the dining room and would have to sit in bar. The bar was full . The dining room had approx. 20 people. After complaining to desk staff I sat in dining room anyway and had to wait 35 minutes for order to be taken. The order was wrong and had to be remade. I was told by desk staff that no management was in the hotel at the time to file a complaint and that someone would contact me. No call back was ever made . Staff that did speak English had no knowledge of immediate area. The bed was made with sheet only during entire stay no blanket or comforter. Dirty linen in front of door for 2 days blocking room entry. Found dinner trash in hall at approx noon on Friday and not removed until approx noon on Saturday There was trash in hall near elevators for entire stay. The room seemed to have a musty smell that would not go away. Overall very disappointed would not return to the Hilton .

3  Thank Dale C

I appreciate you sharing your feedback with us. This is not the experience we expect for any of our guests and I thank you for bringing these points to my attention. I will review your comments with our team as we continually refresh our commitment to our guests. We sincerely regret any difficulties you may have encountered while here. It is our hope to welcome you back to experience our hotel from a renewed perspective and so we may restore your trust in us. Thank you.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

The quality of this Hilton location is very disappointing. One towel in the bathroom had makeup stains on it and another had a luggage tag stuck to it. Also, the bed sheets had a slight mildew-smell to it. I did not feel like the room I had was very clean, and therefore could not enjoy a comfortable stay. Even though the travel was for work, I will be looking into other hotels in the area next time.

When I called the front desk to ask a question, I had to call 4 times before someone picked up.

It is also worth noting that the fire alarm went off at 12:30am (on a Wednesday night) and all guests had to evacuate to the lobby and wait. Apparently their explanation was that a sprinkler head broke but I heard another guest say that there had been another fire alarm the week before.

3  Thank Laura K
StamfordHilton, General Manager at Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

I appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences with us and I sincerely regret any difficulties you may have experienced. I will work with our housekeeping team to ensure our guest rooms are properly cleaned and refreshed. I understand your concern with the fire alarm, however, when an alarm sounds it is mandatory that we evacuate the building to ensure the safety of all of our guests. While we know this may cause an inconvenience, until we receive the proper clearance, guests cannot return to their rooms. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel so we may restore your confidence in us. Thank you.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Highly recommend the Seabass entree here at the hotel restaurant. It is served very hot and cooked perfectly! Breakfast buffet is also excellent with a wide variety of choices including omelet bar, hot cereal, and a terrific selection of fresh cut fruits as well as fresh pastries.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you so much for your comments regarding your dining experiences. We are delighted you enjoyed multiple meals in our restaurant, Senses. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Nice hotel with a very healthy breakfast. Rooms very very clean and the beds were VERY comfortable. Only issue was getting two queen beds when a king room had been booked and each morning at breakfast it was time consuming to get water and coffee from the staff. Staff was very nice however.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

It is great that you were able to enjoy your visit and were able to start your day with a healthy breakfast. Thank you for bringing your concerns to my attention. I regret we missed the mark on ensuring every aspect of your visit was excellent and I will share your comments with the team so we may work to refresh our commitment to our customers. Thank you and we hope to welcome you back the next time you are in Stamford.