Alright this will be long winded but it will be in depth and long enough to give you a very clear picture.
As the title says I am still staying in this hotel and I absolutely love it!!! I travel very frequently and stay at resorts all the time and this is one of the best. It is big and open when you walk in. From the lobby there is not one thought to it needing to be renovated or up dated. There are plenty of seating around the front lobby for you to wait and enjoy. All comfy seats and free wi-fi. Check in was quick and hassle free. I bought a deal through hotwire so all I did was give my name and my I.d. and I was handed two room keys. A total of a minute check in.
Now I have read several reviews that had made me regret my impending stay but I knew I was not going to set up shop and make a home for myself in a hotel. I was going for a nice and clean place to stay and sleep and shower. I got all that here. My room is 677 and it is a little walk from the elevator but its not a ridiculous amount. I have a three year old and he loves the distance.
Our room is a basic 2 queen bed guest room with enough space for us all and I couldnt have picked a better view if I tried. I have a body of water as a backdrop behind several house developments and railroad tracks to our right. My son loves spotting everything so I think the view is perfect. The beds are very comfy and roomy.
I must must must highlight a few special workers who have made our stay so special. Miguel in janitorial, Jean, Matthew and Dominic in Valet service are extremely friendly and each have gone out of the way to remember us and welcome us. My son loved to see them each day and they treated him so nicely. I highly recommend this hotel just to visit these gentleman! Im a firm believer that an establishment is only as good as its employees so if you employ the best then you will get the best as an output. Great job Hilton on getting these guys!!
Only cons- I am staying for 7 nights and only had the housekeeper come once and it was apparent she did a half done job. I picked up trash she left on the side of my bed and our bathroom, while restocked, was not cleaned. Since I only had her clean just to get restocked and beds made I wasnt too mad but was a lite surprised. Also they do not offer a fridge nor microwave in the basic rooms, not sure about the higher costing rooms. A breakfast buffet cost $20 per person. For these reasons only I knocked off one star.
I do recommend but if continental breakfast is your thing then try for another hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located outside of New York City -- with access to Amtrak, Metro-North and I-95 — the recently renovated Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center offers the ideal combination of convenience, comfort and courteous service. Following a multimillion-dollar renovation, our hotel boasts newly refurbished guest rooms, spacious suites, and state of the art event and meeting space. Unwind after a long work day at our restaurant and lounge, serving American cuisine and cocktails throughout the day. Or relax in our sparkling swimming pool or heated whirlpool. Surrounded by dynamic businesses and local attractions, our upscale accommodations will enhance your upcoming visit or corporate gathering. A popular choice among Stamford hotels, the Hilton is a landmark destination with easy access to both Boston and New York City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Stamford Hotel And Executive Meeting Center
- Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Stamford
- Hilton Hotel Stamford
- Stamford Hilton