“Definition of a 2 star hotel. No bells and whistles, staff...”

Super 8 Stamford/New York City Area
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Stamford

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
San Francisco
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

For the price, this was a clean, quiet ,accommodating hotel.
I stayed there with my aging mother for a week. She was very pleased with the accommodations.
We will stay again and again
Microwave,coffee machine and fridge.
THANK YOU SUPER 8 IN STAMFORD CT!! :-)

• Stayed August 2014
Skiatook, Oklahoma
Reviewed 15 June 2014

My family and I stayed here for several nights while we took the commuter train to New York City.

First, my compliments: the staff here was quite friendly. I have no complaints there.

The TV was nice.

And I liked the fact that we could open our window, especially since our room was a smoking room.

Which brings me to the aroma of the second floor, which is apparently Smoker's Row (Note: My wife is the smoker in the family). And oh sweet Moses, that floor stinks. When we first got off of the elevator, I thought a sewer pipe had broken. But it's just the accumulated stench of years of smoking, smoking, smoking.

There was a death on the second floor during our third day's stay. Apparently somebody died in the bathtub. The room it took place in, the previous day, was the source of some very passionate sounding woes of pleasure from behind the (thankfully) closed door. I have to say, though, that again the hotel staff was very friendly with those of us on the second floor in allowing us to go back to our room, and kudos to the Stamford police for being friendly with the professional "working girl" who apparently occupied that room ("I see you've changed your hair since the last time we saw you!").

There IS wifi service here. You have to go looking for it. I couldn't find it in our room, although we could pick up a half dozen others we would have had to sign into and possibly pay a rate of some sort. Where to find the wifi service: in the breakfast area. It's there. Grab a coffee and a bowl of cereal and browse away, because you sure won't be able to do much of anything with their two dinosaurs in the lobby which pass as computers. I swear they use Windows 3.1. One of the computers never - NEVER - allowed me to sign on in the morning and check email. The other one was a test of patience that would have eventually had Buddha himself shouting obscenities at its ability to lock up at the most inopportune times.

Okay...the room itself was clean. I don't feel like I've picked up any unwanted bugs from our stay there, and it's been several days so I'm sure if I'm infected with something, it'll show itself pretty well by now. The bed was functional - it allowed you to sleep. The pillows were a joke. I called down to the front desk for a couple of extra pillows to prop our heads on; the pillow on my side of the bed had no substance to it and should have been thrown away during the Clinton administration. The response was "well, I don't know....I guess I can check around and see if we have some extras somewhere". A couple of hours later, a knock on the door and voila! there were two pillows. My sleep improved after that.

So, would I stay here again? No. It wasn't bad, but with other options around I'll spend a few extra dollars for a much better experience.

Room Tip: Avoid the second floor. If you smoke, go outside.