All reviewsbit datedfree parkingjuice and coffeewater pressureinto nyccomfy bedwould stay againnice breakfastwalking distancefresh fruitcarbsmicrowavechannelsprintermall
Reviewed 11 April 2011

We visited Amsterdam Hotel this weekend and had a wonderful experience. The rooms were beautiful, clean and their service was always with a smile. When we searched for hotels, the representative on the phone was very patient, helpful and pleasant. He absolutely made our decision for choosing this hotel over others. and we're glad we did! the kids had a great time, and they let us use the coffee room for our parties. We definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 February 2011

This is a very good hotel for the price charged. We were there for 8 days just after the February snowstorms and the service was very good. Big rooms, very clean with fluffy clean towels each day. Good heating in rooms though breakfast room was cold. Rooms have fridge and microwave, free internet good breakfast.
Location is convenient especially for Enterprise car rental, shops and good Italian restaurant and so so Chinese take out.
My third time to stay there and I will be happy to go back again.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 January 2011

Hotel was very nice, very accommodating with very sizable rooms, comfortable beds, large work desk and a sitting area. Nice size TV with a very large assortment of channels, local, cable and HD stations, along with an attached DVD player. Breakfast was the typical Continental breakfast with an on-hand hostess that kept all items replenished. Ample free parking available, both outside and in the garage. Guest-use computer in the lobby along with wireless in the rooms. Since I was there just for one night, I didn't get to go to any area restaurants, but the front desk did advise me of several in the nearby area. Will definitely make it one of my choices next time I have to do some work in the Stamford or surrounding area.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 January 2011

Outdated standard-hotel with formal staff. But a good choice if you want to go to New York by train and drop of your rental car here. Our room type : 1 king-size bed and 1 play pen (without surcharge). Breakfast : croissants, muffins, donuts, toast, cornflakes, fresh fruit, coffee, tea and orange juice. The breakfast corner is not really cosy, but the food is ok. Places to eat nearby : there’s a shopping mall with restaurants close by. Parking space : enough, without surcharge. Computer : PC with free internet in the lobby.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 December 2010

My friends and I rented a room for one night as we were came in from Hartford for a night out. The man at the front desk was extremely rude to us as we had only specified 2 people and were bringing 4. He charged us 2 extra person fees and showed very poor customer service the whole time. I've stayed at dozens of hotels where my "hotel search" indicates 2 people and we squeeze 6 in there without any grief from the staff. If you do have to say here, make sure you search with the right number of people, or make sure they don't notice you have more.

The hotel feels old the moment you walk inside. The elevator scared us everytime we stepped in it. The floor buttons looked like they were covered in white paint or something. The beds and pillows were horrible. There is no view whatsoever, just some old junked up lot. The towels were hard, the creature comforts like soaps and shampoos were low-grade. No lock on the bathroom door. C'mon, splurge a little bit for your guests.

All of us woke up feeling congested and sick from what we guessed were dirty air vents and a/c units.

There is a holiday inn right across the street that I'm sure would be a better choice. We felt this hotel cut corners to save money but they lost us as customers forever. I don't think I saw one smile out of any of the staff members the entire time.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends