US$148
Hilton.com
US$214
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Stamford(Stamford)(Great Value!)
US$141
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Stamford(Stamford)(Great Value!)
US$139
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
US$240
Stamford Suites(Stamford)(Great Value!)
US$146
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
All reviewsbit datedfree parkingjuice and coffeewater pressureinto nyccomfy bedwould stay againnice breakfastwalking distancefresh fruitcarbsmicrowavechannelsprintermall
Reviewed 15 September 2011

My husband and I were arriving early into CT from Philadelphia,PA for a viewing of a show. I have a disability where I can't sit in cars or locations for hours and hours in a row due to arthritis in my hips and other joins. My husband called the hotel ahead of time to see if we would be able to check in 3 hours earlier (Check in is at 3pm NOT at 12PM, which some sites stated). The CSR stated that she was sure she could find us something and to come on up. The reassurance was real enough to schedule my day and needs around this woman's "possible promise". On arrival, she gave us the only available room available at same cost with AAA discount. When we got to the room, first check was for the dreaded "bed bug' phenomenon going around. The mattress are plastic covered, and bed bug proofed. We checked ever corner, drawer, nook and cranny and the place was clean of bugs.
First issue was that the remote did't work. Second issue was that I wanted to make a cup of tea, but the turning plate in the microwave was stolen and we had only two towels. I was starting to get mad. But why? Just ask.
I wen to the front desk and informed her of what was missing, I also let her know that this day was special for me, that due to my disability, this meant so much to me, b/c I haven't been able to keep appointment's, concerts already paid for, paid trips to Poland, lonely days of watching the New Year ball drop alone. She leapt up and had everything I needed and MORE for me done in a matter of 2 minutes. She was smiling and cooperative as were the gentlemen in the evening.
I've read bad ratings b/c there was no dry cleaning services, the beds were hard, they saw drunk people, etc. Well, no drunks here, just an awesome taco bell in 50 meter walking distance as well as a Wallgreens across the way. This a a hotel that allows the lower middle class to middle class to enjoy an expensive city without breaking he bank. I'm on welfare for my condition and he is just scraping bay. This hotel allows us to sleep soundly without creepy crawlies, have great cable, someplace to walk safely Nice beds, nice pillows, great cable variety, basic roomyness. I enjoyed my time here.

Room Tip: Let them know if you want smoking or non smoking. If it smells like someone was smokeing the room prior to you, request a room change asap
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joshua D
Reviewed 2 September 2011

Lovely, family-owned hotel in Stamford. Clean rooms, free parking and very helpful and friendly staff!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2011

Old hotel but in good condition. Free parking. Room is clean, confortable and big. A good place to visit New York; 15 min walk to the train station, and 45 min for the express train or 1 hour for a local train to get to Grand Central Station (18.5 $ for a round trip). The free breakfast is not extraordinary.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 May 2011

Lobby: a bit dingy and outdated, but this is irrelevant. Staff at front desk: efficient but a bit cold, unfriendly and curt. Hallways: stinky musty smell like a cheap apartment building, Occasional whiffs of cigarette smell even on smoke-free floors' halls. Only one tired, old elevator. Room: clean, for the most part. Slight stinky smell that was mostly aired out by opening a window. Bathroom: spacious and clean, with a tub. Don't use the nasty tasting, self-pasted toothbrush. Bed fairly comfortable for this type of hotel, but not enough pillows. Parking is free and adequate, but (some parts) too small for easy maneuverability. Breakfast: not really breakfast. Coffee (which I did not try) and juice (meh), and some store-bought pastries. You get just enough energy and carbs to get you started on your day.

Best qualities: Excellent free wireless internet connectivity, spacious room with writing table, clean bathroom, in-room fridge, coffee maker, hair dryer, good darkening drapes

Negative: Very close to I-95 highway (about 2 blocks away) makes for very loud noise. Highway noise worse at night, when soft, restful hum of traffic frequently interrupted by loud noise of trucks and piercing whines of motorcycles. The train sounds, however, are not so bad. Buy ear plugs because, unless you are a sound sleeper who can sleep through the sound of a lawn mower, you're going to need them.

Overall, not a bad hotel if you need to be in the Stamford area for only a few days. Not recommended for a longer, recreational stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway side.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank TheWanderingLady
Reviewed 16 May 2011

What a great find! The room decor, the bed (oh, so comfy!) and the bathroom, which I am very fussy about, was spotless. My first visit was this past weekend, May 14, and I could not have been happier with my choice due wholly on TripAdvisor reviews. The Stamford area is more than I ever expected. Lots of restaurants, pubs, shopping, and movie theatre all in the town and walking distance from the hotel. It was a wonderful getaway and I will definitely return. Staff are all friendly and accommodating. Thank you, Amsterdam, for a great weekend stay!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo