All reviewsbit datedfree parkingjuice and coffeewater pressureinto nyccomfy bedwould stay againnice breakfastwalking distancefresh fruitcarbsmicrowavechannelsprintermall
Reviewed 2 October 2011

We decided to stay here as we were hiring a car at JFK airport and exploring the east coast of the USA. We wanted to book the first hotel. It was about a 45 minute drive from JFK. The Amsterdam Hotel was very comfortable. Brekkie was included, it was a simple continental breakfast which was bread and cakes and coffee and orange juice. Downtown Stamford was a ten minute walk down the road, there were a few restaurants and the mall stayed open quite late. We were only here for one night but It was a good start to the holiday!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2011

Don't stay on the 1st floor. Hotel was very old with a funky looking drop ceiling and 30 yr old 13" TV

Room Tip: Go to the Double Tree
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 September 2011

My boyfriend and I stumbled upon this hotel on our way back home to NY from Massachusetts, we needed a place to stay because we were tired. We were not looking for anything luxurious, just a place to sleep which is what you get at this hotel. Our room was a decent size, the bed was pretty comfortable and the bathroom was okay, slightly on the dirty size. No major issues EXCEPT when I was being charged for my stay...

I gave the man at the front desk (who wasn't the most welcoming man by the way) my credit card, AAA card and license to book our stay. I did not receive my credit card back and did not realize I had left it with the staff at the desk. I guess I should have realized but the man could have also called me and told me I forgot it (he definitely knew where I was!)
The next morning I checked my credit card charges and found 2 charges that I had not made! Both charges were made in CT, and this was the first time I used the card in 2 and a half weeks! Very odd to me... anyway nothing was done about this, all I was told by the front desk was to "cancel the card." pretty obvious, thanks.

I would advise with this hotel (or any other you stay at) to just be careful.. I'm wouldn't stay here again but only because of my experience, I know others had no problems, and in terms of the room everything was ok.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 15 September 2011

My husband and I were arriving early into CT from Philadelphia,PA for a viewing of a show. I have a disability where I can't sit in cars or locations for hours and hours in a row due to arthritis in my hips and other joins. My husband called the hotel ahead of time to see if we would be able to check in 3 hours earlier (Check in is at 3pm NOT at 12PM, which some sites stated). The CSR stated that she was sure she could find us something and to come on up. The reassurance was real enough to schedule my day and needs around this woman's "possible promise". On arrival, she gave us the only available room available at same cost with AAA discount. When we got to the room, first check was for the dreaded "bed bug' phenomenon going around. The mattress are plastic covered, and bed bug proofed. We checked ever corner, drawer, nook and cranny and the place was clean of bugs.
First issue was that the remote did't work. Second issue was that I wanted to make a cup of tea, but the turning plate in the microwave was stolen and we had only two towels. I was starting to get mad. But why? Just ask.
I wen to the front desk and informed her of what was missing, I also let her know that this day was special for me, that due to my disability, this meant so much to me, b/c I haven't been able to keep appointment's, concerts already paid for, paid trips to Poland, lonely days of watching the New Year ball drop alone. She leapt up and had everything I needed and MORE for me done in a matter of 2 minutes. She was smiling and cooperative as were the gentlemen in the evening.
I've read bad ratings b/c there was no dry cleaning services, the beds were hard, they saw drunk people, etc. Well, no drunks here, just an awesome taco bell in 50 meter walking distance as well as a Wallgreens across the way. This a a hotel that allows the lower middle class to middle class to enjoy an expensive city without breaking he bank. I'm on welfare for my condition and he is just scraping bay. This hotel allows us to sleep soundly without creepy crawlies, have great cable, someplace to walk safely Nice beds, nice pillows, great cable variety, basic roomyness. I enjoyed my time here.

Room Tip: Let them know if you want smoking or non smoking. If it smells like someone was smokeing the room prior to you, request a room change asap
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joshua D
Reviewed 2 September 2011

Lovely, family-owned hotel in Stamford. Clean rooms, free parking and very helpful and friendly staff!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family