“Don't believe all that you have already read!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Stamford / New York City
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Stamford
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I stayed here three weeks in a row and I must say, it was a great place to stay! First off, Steve at the desk was very helpful and made sure I was on the "non highway side" of the hotel and for NO extra charge. He helped me out with where to shop and eat. Great service, Steve. And the housekeeping staff went way beyond the call of duty for those of us who had to work in the rooms during thunderstorms! They too matter into their own hands and everything was great. The room was clean and neat after they came through, always smiling and helpful. The restaurant attached to the hotel was a plus. Even though a bit pricey, was still convenient and tasty. Give these folks a try and stay here. You won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: Ask for the non-highway side of the hotel. It may be $25 more, but it is worth it.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank KJW59

Reviewed 22 July 2013

This La Quinta shouldn't be listed as a place to stay for tourists. It's a joke that they put NYC in the title of the hotel--It's in another state CT and another city Stamford, which is about 40 miles away from NYC--by car, with no traffic, it would take at least 1.5hrs. As for the hotel, it's really a place for people that have been displaced. I was the only person there that was a tourist. The hallways have a stench in them covered in perfume and the rugs desperately needs to be replaced. I had to look at 4 rooms before I found one clean enough and with no broken items to stay in. I was originally going to stay 1 week. I cut it down to 1 day. The so called breakfast was another joke--the plates were styrofoam and the forks/spoons/knives were in those little plastic bags --the coffee was horrible and they only used powdered milk--the other 'residents' brought in their own breakfast--they offered mini packaged muffins/toast and waffles with some apples--the only thing good about the room was the bed, which I guess is one of the most important things, it was new and comfy--they also had a new flatscreen tv--the shower looked old and acted the same way---you could hear all the live in families through the walls and in the hallway---one other good point of was they allowed dogs--the staff was nice and they did have a pool but it wasn't inviting --there's a connected dinner but I didn't go in there. Don't even consider staying here--it's not a place for tourists

Room Tip: I stayed in room 103 after looking at 3 other rooms
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 June 2013

We decided to stop east of NYC to break up a 10 hour drive with a child and a dog. The dog part really cuts your options, and the kid really loves a pool. This hotel takes dogs and has an indoor pool, and I am a La Quinta rewards member, so I booked it before we left our prior digs that morning. It was $89.00 with an AAA discount. When we arrived, there were over 30 Penske moving trucks in the parking lot, and three police cruisers at the curb. I went to check in and asked the clerk first if there was a problem regarding the police. She said there had been a suicide threat called in, but that it could have come from a passing motorist's cell phone. The police were just leaving. We chanced it. I am familiar with Stamford, so didn't expect much. There were some characters about, but I had a 95 pound dog. The halls were dirty, but the room clean. We had #115 on the highway side and didn't hear noise. Note: there is a slope, so the first floor is actually up quite a few stairs, and doesn't have a walk-out. Upper floors have balconies. Cable channels are limited to about 15. We stayed one night, used the clean pool and surprisingly good "health club." It has 3 new machines that look untouched. Breakfast was the usual La Quinta good hot breakfast with fresh waffles, etc.. No drama, no problems other than my key card kept resetting and I had to get 3 new ones. The night clerk was helpful, the "security" guard was always texting. The next priced hotel in the area was more than double. This isn't a vacation spot, but it has free wifi and in our case a clean, comfortable room.

Room Tip: If you worry about highway noise ask for the parking lot side.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ParistoCapeCod
Reviewed 5 June 2013

When we got onto our floor there was cigarettes all over the floor. Once we got into our room our shower looked like it hadn't been cleaned since the hotel opened. The baseboard was missing part of it, and behind our sofa there was so much trash it was unreal! On top of the mess we were staying in we came back to find that one of the maids had stolen my Vera Bradley tumbler, I was not happy at all about that! And they will be paying me for my tumbler if it is not returned. Stay away from here!

Room Tip: Go to another hotel but this one!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 16 May 2013

Drugs street walkers in and out all hours of night ! Dirty filthy men hanging all over. Rooms dirty as hell. Front desk people know nothing about the hotel...people leave here. Its down right nasty. Bad place to takes kids

• Stayed: April 2013
3  Thank donewithyou
A TripAdvisor Member
Brick, New Jersey, USA
Reviewed 30 April 2013

It is very nice, it was right off of 95, and the location was right where we needed to be. The beds were comfortable, Would of preferred a room with more handicapped features such as a shower stall (not a tub) and a higher toilet.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 14 April 2013

I had to be in Stamford and booked the La Quinta online. No problems with check-in or check-out. The lady who works in the breakfast area was very nice. Everything was very clean. I would stay again. I would recommend the cafe attached to the hotel for dinner. The food was good and prices were fair.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stamford
Crowne Plaza Stamford
#1 of 14 in Stamford
Amsterdam Hotel
Amsterdam Hotel
#8 of 14 in Stamford

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Stamford / New York City? Share your experiences!